The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

journal of my car

Old 11-04-2002, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default journal of my car

after posting topics in several different areas about my car, i've decided to just post them here in one place, where i will post pics, movies, personal installation information, tips, supplier information, and so on, anyhow, i'll start off with a brief recap of previous mods...

some of my first mods, euro spec headlights with bulb sockets, clears side markers, windshield tape removal, pretty much looks like any other silverstone s2000 on the forums..

next i worked a bit on the interior, mostly upgrading parts to 2002 spec, including oem center console cover, oem dead pedal, and oem inner door frames with tweeter mounts, dc5 type r shift knob, and finally changing the color to red leather while keeping the carpet black,

then adding volk le-37s with toyo proxies, rays lightweight lugs, a hardtop, a dual amuse r-1, and mugen header

more information can be found through searches on the topics above, if i have a chance i'll post the links later
Old 11-04-2002, 09:29 PM

as of a few days ago, my arc parts arrived only 4 months late, these include a ti strut bar, ti shift knob, and ti cooling panel...

and as of last night i found some time to install 2 of the parts, i still can't get that damn cooling panel to fit, same problem as before with the carbing version, i can't get the hood to close with it installed
here's a pic of the stb installed, i'll take a better pic after i get some other parts installed.

Old 11-04-2002, 09:32 PM

some people were asking me if the arc shift knob was countersunk, and i've heard it's not, but the overall height is about a 1/2 inch shorter than the stock knob, and i can't see why i would want it any lower since my fingers are already rubbing against the boot, here's a pic...

Old 11-04-2002, 09:38 PM

Great Pics & Great Taste Titanium Man.....I'm jealous
Old 11-04-2002, 10:51 PM

Wow, very nice, only high quality parts on your S. I'm envious, just curious though, how much was the door panels? I'm also interested in swaping out the door panels to 02 spec, haven't done so for 2 reason. 1. it may be rediculously overpriced. 2. when I took a look at the show car at a dealer, some how the coloring of it looked different than my 01, can you comment on that? I like how the car looks with red interior but not red carpet, I think it looks better. Over all good job!
Old 11-05-2002, 12:55 AM

when are you gonna post the '02 defroster switch directions for the hardtop? haha, i can't wait for that.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:14 AM

i got the door panels for a good price through someone at honda, i think they were around 5 bills a set or so, i can't remember, but since the '02 panels are completely red, i had to buy 2 sets of panels, a '01 black/red and a '02 black w/ tweeter mount, but after getting rid of the extra sets, it wasn't that bad

as for the color, it matches my '01, is your interior faded?

as for the defroster switch, i might have given up on that one, or until someone can scan me a pic of the helms manual that shows how the switch wires to hardtop, i have the switch, but i'm hesitant to buy the wiring harness for it, since it's the one for the entire dash, and might not fit anyhow, nor do i feel like buying another helms manual, can anyone scan me a pic?
Old 11-05-2002, 08:36 AM

i'm borrowing my friend's digital camera right now...my scanner is broken, so i'll just take a picture of the pages you need for the defroster switch "conversion".

i'll try to post them tonight.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:08 AM

very cool and classy, and nice description too! so when are we gonna meet up sometime??? love to see your car in person
Old 11-05-2002, 10:22 AM

wow awesome parts. all very high quality. i really like what you have done with your S! keep on modding!

Quick Reply: journal of my car