S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is owning 2 S2000's too much of the same thing? Considering buying a 2nd S2000...

Old 03-20-2017, 08:33 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Is owning 2 S2000's too much of the same thing? Considering buying a 2nd S2000...

To give some background... my first S2000 was an '05 Silverstone that I had done some modding and enjoyed it very much, it solidified my love for the car. I decided to sell it to free up some money towards the purchase of a home and missed it dearly. I then later went looking to buy another base model, and in my search I stumbled across an Apex Blue Pearl CR, which I purchased and still have to this day. Given the limited run of the car and it's unique nature, I have refrained from doing any mods to it and have kept it bone stock, minus the addition of an HKS Hi Power catback exhaust. I still have my OEM exhaust and will not part with it in case I ever decide to put it back on.

So, with that said... I'm satisfied with the car as it is out of the box, but I'm contemplating getting another S2000 (base model) that I could do mods to such as suspension, brakes, supercharge, aero, etc. I refuse to do all of these things to the CR, so I would need to find another S2K. My question is, does anyone currently have more than 1 S2000 in their garage? Is it too much of the same thing, even if they do have different mods (or no mods at all)? I'm certain that I would supercharge the car if I did get another S2000, just to set it apart from the CR, but then I worry if I would enjoy the power more in the modded car and would the CR feel slow at that point? Just wanted to pick the brain of people who've owned more than 1 at the same time.

As a side note, my other consideration for a fun car is the new Civic Type-R that is coming soon. I would likely leave that car as it is since it seems like a good out of the box vehicle and for warranty purposes. I really like what Honda has done with them and I am strongly considering it.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sell the CR. It sounds like it is holding you back from full enjoyment.
The following users liked this post:
d1rtyc4r (03-23-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would keep the S... You have a bike man! There is no car out there that is as fast and fun as a bike.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep the CR and buy a car completely opposite of that experience (pickup or a v8 sedan).
Old 03-20-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by importluva
Sell the CR. It sounds like it is holding you back from full enjoyment.
I probably wasn't very clear in my post above... I do in fact love the CR and how it came from the factory. It is a car I plan to keep for a long long time. While the idea of modding and having something I can wrench on is enticing, I'm not chomping at the bit that bad, not bad enough to sell the CR anyway. I'm just afraid that having the CR and then another S with it, I may be putting my eggs all in one basket and feel like I have too much of the same thing.

Originally Posted by MrAlex
I would keep the S... You have a bike man! There is no car out there that is as fast and fun as a bike.
Can't argue with that, bikes are a different kind of fun

Originally Posted by HwangTKD
Keep the CR and buy a car completely opposite of that experience (pickup or a v8 sedan).
Funny you mention... I didn't say anything above about it, but I had been looking at the Chevy SS (6MT).
Old 03-20-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Too much of the same thing. If you ever hop back into the CR after driving a heavily modded S2000, you might not find the drive as fun. Get something different so that when you do drive the CR, it'll still feel special.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

I've got a 500hp S4 along with my S2000. Both are great at what they do and it's nice to appreciate each. Get a second entirely different car.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I personally don't like having 2 of the same type cars, I don't get the point of doing so. I have a Shelby Mustang and an ARV Jeep Wrangler, I'm looking to add another car now. The S2000 and Miata ND are on my list, so is the Z3 M Roadster and the Z4. I used to have a 911 C2S with the Shelby and it was great to have 2 totally different driving experiences.

My 2 cents
Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do it, buy a second S2000.
I completely understand where you are coming from. Life is short, do what makes you happy. If you get bored of the second S, you could possibly sell it for a profit.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:20 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a CR-Z (manual) and an Accord. Each do what I ask of them. One actually carries people and stuff, the other is easy to park and (can) sip gas. The S2000 is for pleasant weather.

Every car has a purpose.

Quick Reply: Is owning 2 S2000's too much of the same thing? Considering buying a 2nd S2000...