Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Best Forza Games ?

Old 11-13-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts
Default Best Forza Games ?

So given my age, I'm not ashamed to say that I haven't played video games since the days that you walked into an arcade and put a quarter into a machine.

We did our Christmas shopping early and I got an Xbox One with the steering wheel and pedals, and my son chose the Forza 3 game. I think a driving video game is the only game type that would appeal to me. Are there any Forza games that simulate some F1 tracks or other famous racetracks ?. I know nothing about video games, and my son knows nothing about car racing series. So what's your favourite Forza game or any other car racing game that works on Xbox One ?

Last edited by zeroptzero; 11-14-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:48 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
So given my age, I'm not ashamed to say that I haven't played video games since the days that you walked into an arcade and put a quarter into a machine.

We did our Christmas shopping early and I got an Xbox One with the Ferrari 458 steering wheel and pedals, and my son chose the Forza 3 game. I think a driving video game is the only game type that would appeal to me. Are there any Forza games that simulate some F1 tracks, or settings like Monaco ?. I know nothing about video games, and my son knows nothing about car racing series. So what's your favourite Forza game or any other car racing game that works on Xbox One ?
don't be ashamed. Its because you're an ADULT. kids play video games, no? I played many, many. many weekends at the arcades in town- misspent youth- but I grew up and went to school for lots of years. i just had this conversation with April this evening. sure, i'm always amazed by the graphics, and game play, but who has the time? I've got leaves to pick up, paint to wax, a kitchen to paint, an engine to rebuild (GTX), etc, etc, etc. That being said, I really don't care what all you video game fans do with your spare time- it's your time- do with it as you will. But i digress...

i could justify playing a driving video game on the premise that it keeps you in tune when the s2000 is parked for the winter. So, you can really get your driving thrills with iRacing. Its an online, PC based game where you race against other adults- or those with real names (no one has an alias) and credit cards. You will race real tracks. its as close to the real deal as you'll get.
check it out. I didn't answer your question now that i think about it.

darcy
​​​​​​​

Last edited by darcyw; 11-13-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The notion that video game systems these days are for children is laughable. I don't know many kids that have a grand laying around for a playstation VR kit. The target audience for video game systems are males in the 20's and 30's.
Cell phone app games are the ones built for kids.
I play neither, so good luck.

Last edited by 6013641; 11-14-2016 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by darcyw
don't be ashamed. Its because you're an ADULT. kids play video games, no? I played many, many. many weekends at the arcades in town- misspent youth- but I grew up and went to school for lots of years. i just had this conversation with April this evening. sure, i'm always amazed by the graphics, and game play, but who has the time? I've got leaves to pick up, paint to wax, a kitchen to paint, an engine to rebuild (GTX), etc, etc, etc. That being said, I really don't care what all you video game fans do with your spare time- it's your time- do with it as you will. But i digress...

i could justify playing a driving video game on the premise that it keeps you in tune when the s2000 is parked for the winter. So, you can really get your driving thrills with iRacing. Its an online, PC based game where you race against other adults- or those with real names (no one has an alias) and credit cards. You will race real tracks. its as close to the real deal as you'll get.
check it out. I didn't answer your question now that i think about it.

darcy
​​​​​​​
I think we share many similar experiences and opinions Darcy. Now get back out there and pick up those leaves. Still building the Mazda engine hugh ? that should keep you busy for some time. lol.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:32 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Children play games. Adults use simulators.

-- Chuck
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM

^ I'm building a cheap simulator
Old 11-14-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Children play games. Adults use simulators.

-- Chuck
or do the real thing.
darcy
Old 11-14-2016, 08:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Too bad its not Gran Turismo for the PS4, thats where its at Joey.
Playseat 2 pair with Logitech G29 racing wheel.

I really can`t wait for Gran Turismo Sport to come out in December 2017.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by S2KRAYZE
Too bad its not Gran Turismo for the PS4, thats where its at Joey.
Playseat 2 pair with Logitech G29 racing wheel.

I really can`t wait for Gran Turismo Sport to come out in December 2017.
We've got PS4 too, we don't have the Gran Turismo game though. I'll check it out too.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having been with the Forza franchise since day one, I can hands down say that Forza 4 have been my favorite in terms of the "simcade" franchise. It's a real shame nothing before Forza 5 is backwards compatible with the Xbox One, as 5 was a horrible rushed mess released to coincide with the new console. Forza 6 is the best you're going to get right now, which is still great fun, especially with the addition of night races and rain. The track and car selection could still use a bit of work, but obviously that's subjective.

If you're looking for something with a more arcade feel, then Forza Horizon 3 is your go to without a doubt.

Quick Reply: Best Forza Games ?