Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

RTD 2017 - April 27-30

Old 01-14-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Are there any night drives planned for the event or the Canadian group once we get to the Fontana region ? I recall in the past they had some stargazing drives at night to the Skyway, I'm not too interested in driving the Dragon at night, a more open road type of driving if the weather is nice would be sweet though.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:24 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Are there any night drives planned for the event or the Canadian group once we get to the Fontana region ? I recall in the past they had some stargazing drives at night to the Skyway, I'm not too interested in driving the Dragon at night, a more open road type of driving if the weather is nice would be sweet though.
Hi Joey. I posted on the main site, but on Thursday night i'm planning a cherohola drive- i've done it in the driving rain and in the dry. It's a great drive- I would say we can leave about 9 pm or so depending- drive up to the highest point of the cherohola, then come back. In the pitch black of night, top down, it is an exciting drive!
takes about 2 hours+ total transit.
My first year at RTD I met up with a group doing the cherohola- it was a blur!

​​​​​​​darcy
Old 01-14-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw
Hi Joey. I posted on the main site, but on Thursday night i'm planning a cherohola drive- i've done it in the driving rain and in the dry. It's a great drive- I would say we can leave about 9 pm or so depending- drive up to the highest point of the cherohola, then come back. In the pitch black of night, top down, it is an exciting drive!
takes about 2 hours+ total transit.
My first year at RTD I met up with a group doing the cherohola- it was a blur!

​​​​​​​darcy
Okay lets do it, that fits in perfectly. I just saw your reply on the Dragon forum , thanks for offering to set this up. We should get a few more joining along but numbers don't really matter.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay lets do it, that fits in perfectly. I just saw your reply on the Dragon forum , thanks for offering to set this up. We should get a few more joining along but numbers don't really matter.
the core Canadian group will be in a lodge on a river Thursday night near Toccoa. Friday and Saturday nights will likely be spent drinking at fontana. the real iron men may be out playing after the event events but that is too much for this old boy.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:07 PM

There will be three other Canadians besides myself who will be branching off from the larger group and will be in Fontana Thursday evening. I am sure they will all be interested in the Skyway star-gazing run.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:51 PM

Are there any Canadian crew drives on Saturday, after the rollout ? If all goes well I'd like to do a night drive Thursday night led by Darcy. I may do the Fridays are for Franklin drive Friday morning and afternoon.

I know the large Canadian group will get in to Fontana Friday afternoon and they will have travelled quite a bit up to that point. That leaves Saturday open after the rollout ?
Old 01-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Are there any Canadian crew drives on Saturday, after the rollout ? If all goes well I'd like to do a night drive Thursday night led by Darcy. I may do the Fridays are for Franklin drive Friday morning and afternoon.

I know the large Canadian group will get in to Fontana Friday afternoon and they will have travelled quite a bit up to that point. That leaves Saturday open after the rollout ?
I'm sure Darcy has some pretty epic drives planned for Saturday as always.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:34 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kryptonite
I'm sure Darcy has some pretty epic drives planned for Saturday as always.
Yep. Just follow Darcy.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Yep. Just follow Darcy.
Okay I'll get his cabin number once I arrive. It's kind of hard to communicate once you are at Fontana.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:16 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Okay I'll get his cabin number once I arrive. It's kind of hard to communicate once you are at Fontana.
thanks for the compliments! Dave's working on a Saturday drive to roads I have never seen out by Hot Springs, TN. Just trying to see how we can avoid the highly traveled roads.

for those about on Friday, i plan on showing my buddy Ted some favourites- cherohola to Tellico down that awesome 315 - perhaps over to candy mountain then back up to tellico and further north. But, that could change- we'll see.

Sunday, Curt and i typically get on Devil's Triangle after breakfast in Maryville.

looking forward to meeting up!

darcy
​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: RTD 2017 - April 27-30