Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Precision R Shop Review - San Antonio, Texas

Old 10-16-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Precision R Shop Review - San Antonio, Texas

Last March I started my first major car build, trying to custom-piece a turbo kit together for my 01 S2000. I bought a lot of parts used off of this website and rather than purchasing a kit tried to save money (college student) by spacing out my purchases and looking for good deals.

This ended up costing me WAY more time, money, and stress than if I had just bought a nice kit from FullBlown/Full Race/Pfab or whatever. Many of my components wouldn't quite line up properly, fitment was a constant issue due to the manifold and turbo that I had purchased, etc. My friend and I finished a decent section of the work but eventually began running into so many roadblocks that we knew we wouldn't be able to finish the job properly. It definitely hurt my pride to admit it, but I knew it was time to just take the car in somewhere and get this stressful job off my plate.

For those that live in the central Texas area, you are likely familiar with how difficult it is to find reputable shops in San Antonio/Austin. Many shops, including ones that I have dealt with personally in the past, have been caught cutting corners badly and doing half-assed work at full-assed price. Because of this, I was fairly apprehensive when I first took my car to Precision R. I had never really heard much about their shop or their work, but given my options I rather went with an "unknown" like Precision than a shop that I knew already had a bad reputation.

Right from the beginning communication with their owners/lead mechanics was very open and easy to follow. I spoke mostly to both William and Edwin, and not once did I ever feel misled or jerked around by them. They were polite and professional, and kept me up to date with everything going on with the car and the shop.

A decent bulk of my turbo build had to be completely uninstalled and re-structured. The manifold and turbo were switched out for different models due to spatial constraints, newly fabricated intercooler pipes were made, a lobster tail downpipe, etc. All of the work done on the car has been very high quality, and so far I can find absolutely no indicator that they cut corners or did shoddy work anywhere at all.

William did a road tune on my car (no dyno), and the results have actually been incredible so far. The car idles very smooth and drives clean, and never boggs down.

I honestly can't believe I haven't heard more about this shop in the past, especially considering all the issues I hear coming from the competitors. Precison R's website looks severely outdated and basic, and their shop is very small, but this has EASILY been the best shop I've ever dealt with. Really fantastic work and upfront people.

I may update this thread later with some pictures if I can get some decent ones. I wish I had thought to get a picture of the welds/fabricated downpipe before heat wrapping it lol.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to the pictures! I've been looking for a good shop for months now and haven't talked to anyone that I actually thought would be any good, so I'm really looking forward to giving this place a shot. Thanks!

If I use them I'll be sure to mention you and see if I can't get you a referral or something.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamWhited
Looking forward to the pictures! I've been looking for a good shop for months now and haven't talked to anyone that I actually thought would be any good, so I'm really looking forward to giving this place a shot. Thanks!

If I use them I'll be sure to mention you and see if I can't get you a referral or something.
Good luck, and I'm seriously not saying anything in this review lightly. I've dealt with other San Antonio/Austin performance shops in the past and have NEVER had anything go as smoothly as it did with Precision R. They're honest and straightforward, and that's not an easy quality to find.

Pics:

Precision R Shop Review - San Antonio, Texas-lkw9dym.jpg

Precision R Shop Review - San Antonio, Texas-urm45g2.jpg

Precision R Shop Review - San Antonio, Texas-nftdjyp.jpg

Precision R Shop Review - San Antonio, Texas-khmhwzj.jpg

Precision R Shop Review - San Antonio, Texas-qmcidxa.jpg