UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My first S2000 Project.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My first S2000 Project.

Hey guys i'm Andrew and i'm from Northern Ireland. I've been lurking in the back ground for a while but I've finally gone and got myself an S2K. It was a deal I couldn't pass up

Bought this car which was located on the Irish boarder. She is a year 2000 AP1 with only 69K miles

Has been sitting on a mans drive way since 2009 and hadn't moved since. Its has a few extra mods to it which include a Mugen exhaust and Mugen exhuast manifold.

Had a little trouble getting it onto a trailer to get it home.

Hopefully get her back in on the road once i've sorted out the wheels and brakes.

Nice to meet you all. I'm looking into becoming a member

Regards

Andrew
Old 11-27-2016, 01:14 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

Is it a runner then,
strange been sitting for that long,looks in good condition
And welcome along
Old 11-27-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by noodels
Is it a runner then,
strange been sitting for that long,looks in good condition
And welcome along
Its certainly a runner. Started on the button after 6 years of not running. Good old Honda build quality
Old 11-27-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Looks very nice! Was it covered?

Does the engine turn over? That'd be my fear.

She's gonna need new tires after sitting all this time. I'd find some AP2 ("face lift") wheels rather than fool with the 16" wheels and tires on the car. Save the existing wheels for when the car gets to "collector" status when unaltered car values will far exceed modified cars.

Complete service is called for. At least the engine, gearbox, and differential oils. Plus replace the brake and clutch fluids and the coolant. Stock brakes work very well but I expect the discs are rusted baddy.

Resist the urge to modify it (other than wheels and tires) for now. Are the side emblems on the car? I can see the red Civic badges on the front and back.

-- Chuck
Old 11-27-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Looks very nice! Was it covered?

Does the engine turn over? That'd be my fear.

She's gonna need new tires after sitting all this time. I'd find some AP2 ("face lift") wheels rather than fool with the 16" wheels and tires on the car. Save the existing wheels for when the car gets to "collector" status when unaltered car values will far exceed modified cars.

Complete service is called for. At least the engine, gearbox, and differential oils. Plus replace the brake and clutch fluids and the coolant. Stock brakes work very well but I expect the discs are rusted baddy.

Resist the urge to modify it (other than wheels and tires) for now. Are the side emblems on the car? I can see the red Civic badges on the front and back.

-- Chuck
Thanks for the advise. I'll be carrying out a complete service on it. I've got most of the fluids ready to go into it.

The car wasn't covered but I checked over the car completely and haven't found any major rust which has amazed me onl a very small spot on one of the sills about the size of 5p

The car has a date with a dual action polisher tomorrow due to becoming a shade of grey and not black. Hopefully this will bring back the shine. New tyres and brake discs are required. Discs are shot and are solid rust. It appears in overall good condition for its age. The interior is the best part though.

Looks like it'll require a new soft hood at some point due to a few rips in it, luckily it has the hard top as well.

Andrew
Old 11-27-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Are the side emblems on the car?
Yes these are present on the car. So the red badges aren't factory?
Old 11-27-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

Get that oil out quickly it may have a high amount of condensation/water in it...
Got red badges on mine from an Integra R ,they are not OEM on S2000
Old 11-27-2016, 10:37 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Lightweight JDM wheels on there .... and it looks like it has the import JDM suede insert seats.

Looks in nice nick apart from the engine bay ....
Old 11-28-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester
Lightweight JDM wheels on there .... and it looks like it has the import JDM suede insert seats.

Looks in nice nick apart from the engine bay ....
No suede on the seats I don't think. So those wheels arnt standard?
Old 11-28-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyPandyNI
So those wheels arnt standard?
They are the standard wheels on a year 2000 car.

(they are not the lightweight jdm BBS wheels)

Quick Reply: My first S2000 Project.