UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Where's the speedo signal cable?

Old 08-07-2005, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where's the speedo signal cable?

I decided to fit Modifry's Yellow Jacket speedo calibrator this afternoon in readiness for my changed final drive. However, I've hit a problem - I can't find the blue/white cable shown in Modifry's LHD car diagrams:

Here's the wiring in my car:

In my car the most obvious candidate for the blue connector which Modifry describes as the "C101" (the blue connector at the bottom of my picture above) has 6 wires:

2 x solid blue
blue/red
blue/yellow (hurray, this is the power one!)
black/white IIRC.

There is another blue connector tucked under a grey connector, but the only blue and white cable is very chunky indeed.

I've checked the Honda ESM and the wiring diagram refers to a blue/white cable, so where is it? Is this problem because the ECM is on the passenger side in a RHD car? Should I be digging behind the ECM?

Any help much appreciated
Old 08-07-2005, 09:38 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

If you have a multimeter you could check the wire you suspect it to be. Throttle position is normally 0-5v so set the multimeter to V and press the pedal flat with the ignition on.

Not a great help but one way of doing it!

Nobody got a UK ECU pinout diagram?

MB
Old 08-07-2005, 09:43 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hmm, is it an ECU diagram you're using, which shows the mouth of the ECU?

Ive been caught out with these before, and got them back to front! Easy mistake to make

MB
Old 08-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Craig isn't it in the ESM?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Aug 7 2005, 08:29 PM
Craig isn't it in the ESM?
No, well, the wiring diagram doesn't show in pretty pictures where the wiring is in the car, just that the speedo cable is indeed blue and white.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Aug 7 2005, 05:43 PM
Hmm, is it an ECU diagram you're using, which shows the mouth of the ECU?

Ive been caught out with these before, and got them back to front! Easy mistake to make

MB
THe problem with the wiring diagram is that it doesn't show where the wire is in the car - it does indeed seem to go to the ECM but I've had the ECM kick panel off and its difficult to see what wires are plugged in the back. I'd feel much more confident if one of the guys who has fitted a yellow box/yellow jacket could clarify which wire it is
Old 08-07-2005, 10:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Craig, the ECU is in the same place in both Left and Right hand drive cars ..... which is the passenger side on UK cars.

How come you managed to get your "Yellow Jacket speedo calibrator" so quick? did you order it from Rick? (still hasn't replied to my email )
Old 08-07-2005, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by StevenM,Aug 8 2005, 06:54 AM
Craig, the ECU is in the same place in both Left and Right hand drive cars ..... which is the passenger side on UK cars.

How come you managed to get your "Yellow Jacket speedo calibrator" so quick? did you order it from Rick? (still hasn't replied to my email )
Yup, I know where it is Steven - its just that there isn't a mass of plugs on that side, like there is in Modifry's photos. It's a question as to whether I look for the mass of plugs or rummage around the back of the ECU

Rick sells the "Yellow Box" I bought Modifry's "Yellow Jacket" via the Marketplace and its was here within a week. It's S2000 specific whereas the Yellow Box does not appear to be so (check out the instructions on/linked from Rick's website to become thoroughly confused).
Old 08-08-2005, 06:07 AM

TTT

Anyone?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:43 AM
GSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not me. Didn't you fancy the voltmeter on each of the wires to find it?

Quick Reply: Where's the speedo signal cable?