UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Why can't i get a new fob

Old 02-15-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why can't i get a new fob

Hi Guys, every time i contact an auto locksmith or fob programmer i get the same response of "OH NO, IT'S A CAT1 ALARM!!!!!".

The last guy i tried was THE REMOTE DOCTOR, he is selling an all in one key fob that i wanted (follow link and click "upgrade to an all in one key remote) Honda S2000 Car Key Replacement Honda Spare Remote Key Honda Fobs The Remote Doctor

I sent him my details and he emailed me back asking for a picture of my current fob, which i sent (see below). He then replied with the "OH NO, CAN'T DO IT, I CAN STILL SUPPLY THE KEY THOUGH".
I asked him why he couldn't do a new fob and he said "Not sure as those remotes give a problem when programming.I cant help you,sorry".

Does anybody know why there is such a problem and more importantly tell me where i can get a new fob.

In case you're wondering, i got 2 fobs with the car. One of them will unlock the doors, deactivate the immobilizer and alarm, but wont lock. The other one functions ok but i usually have to press the buttons quite hard or try it a few times for it to work, also the range is not very good. The 2 keys i got with the car are fine. Ideally i would like an all in one but i would settle for just a new fob at this point as i think my "working one" is on its way out.

Thanks

Matt.
Attached Thumbnails Why can't i get a new fob-my-key-fob.jpg  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:01 AM

Contact the original supplier, Hamilton & Palmer.

loads of threads on here about their excellent customer service.

Last edited by GreenmanS2000; 02-15-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:19 AM

GreenmanS2000 - Thanks, i'll contact them. The last time i was at my local Honda dealer i mentioned this to the guys in the parts dept. I'm sure they said that Hamilton fitted the standard alarm but because mine was the cat1 optional extra it was a lot harder to do anything with it. He told me that i might be better buying a new alarm. I hope that's not the case.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I've purchases fobs like the one pictured in the past but they dont seem as reasily available now

let us know how yoi get on, mine are both tired
Old 02-15-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
mine are both tired
another fob story

edit: vvvvvvv
Old 02-15-2017, 01:29 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I'm just waiting for the meter on your internet to run out..

hopefully the PO is shut you tart
Old 02-15-2017, 02:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are the same fobs I have. Recently sent my board and fobs away for recoding and H&P returned the board with completely refurbished fobs. If I remember correctly the whole refurb kit costs around £12, and includes everything that you simply swap your current board into.. don't quote me though.

Best bet bet is to contact H&P via email and they'll respond very quickly. As I've said before their customer service is excellent!
Old 02-16-2017, 12:37 AM

For anyone who's interested, i had this reply from Hamilton & Palmer this morning:

The new handsets are available @ £45.00 + vat = £54.00 each including p&p (a fully working handset or a red master handset is required to learn on a new handset, depending on the system).
Old 02-16-2017, 12:50 AM
DCC

I've bought both a refurb one and coded a new one off my existing working one without a bother - you just have to press buttons and turn the key in a sequence. Like a cheat code on an old console!

Alternatively if you just get a refurb kit you just undo 2 screws and drop the little board into the new case with new rubber buttons and a new battery. Easy as that.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Checked my emails and it's £15 for the refurb kits. Definitely worth it, especially if they last 15years like my last set..

Quick Reply: Why can't i get a new fob