The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Moving to Chicago

Old 09-21-2012, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Chicago

Hey guys. Looks like we made up our minds and decided to move out to the Chicago area. My lady is from there and has family but we are trying to just be on our own.

We would be moving to the Chicago suburbs around the Schaumburg area at the end of Oct and wanted to asked if anyone drove their S during winter ? I was thinking of just using public transportation during winter and just keeping the S in storage for a few months.

Also, we are still looking for a place to live. Our problem is finding a place that will let our dog stay. He's a 60lb pit bull mix German sherapard. So if anyone knows of a place or where to look that would be great.

Anyone here works in the medical field (imaging field) ?

Anyways any help, suggestions, comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 AM

Welcome to the UMW i'm about 3 hours north of you up in Wisconsin but there will be plenty of people from the Chicago area that will surely chime in
Old 09-22-2012, 07:49 PM

welcome. pm for info on Schaumburg.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 PM

Thanks and pm sent
Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 AM

Pm replied.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've driven two S2000 s in a total of four winters. It's not terrible if you have winter tires, but I'd suggest a winter beater if at all possible. Public transportation is worse in the suburbs versus the city.

Regardless, welcome! We're got an awesome community here, so I look forward to meeting you out at a meet!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive driven mine last winter and going to drive it this winter again. Snow tires are pretty much a must. If money isnt a issue you should get a beater but its do-able in a s2000.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by AK_9K_ALL DAY
Welcome to the UMW i'm about 3 hours north of you up in Wisconsin but there will be plenty of people from the Chicago area that will surely chime in
Thanks very much.

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK
I've driven two S2000 s in a total of four winters. It's not terrible if you have winter tires, but I'd suggest a winter beater if at all possible. Public transportation is worse in the suburbs versus the city.

Regardless, welcome! We're got an awesome community here, so I look forward to meeting you out at a meet!
Thanks for the input. Guess once I really find a place then ill have a better idea of exactly where I will be at. Some places said they were down the street from the trains going into downtown but guess I'll see.

B/c of the move, I wont have much money left for a beater so ill be stuck with the S for winter. Yea I'm looking forward to meeting new friends at the meet
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Danwolski
Ive driven mine last winter and going to drive it this winter again. Snow tires are pretty much a must. If money isnt a issue you should get a beater but its do-able in a s2000.
Guess ill new some snow tires. I got one suggestion, Continental DWS, any other tires I should consider ?
Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by ap2_lumpy
Originally Posted by Danwolski' timestamp='1348493685' post='22033768
Guess ill new some snow tires. I got one suggestion, Continental DWS, any other tires I should consider ?
These are up for sale, I hear he may even take sexual favors as payment. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/981...els-and-tires/

Quick Reply: Moving to Chicago