Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Nichigo's Amuse GT1 Wide Body Journal | Instagram @nichigogo #nicks2k

Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nichigo's Amuse GT1 Wide Body Journal | Instagram @nichigogo #nicks2k

Follow my updates on instagram!

@nichigogo
#nicks2k

-------------------

Been a while since I've been active on this forum. Car having a couple issues - along with me just losing interest periodically - contributed to me taking a break for a bit. But now the car is back up and I've been [mildly] bitten by the bug again. I figured it was time to start up a new thread where I can post my updates as I go. So here it goes from the top!

Bought car brand new in march and started modding it almost immediately. Tracked it @ Button Willow 1 month after owning it. Shown below with Work Emotions and Function & Form Suspension:

Mod Bug bit HARD that first year...and before I knew it, I was loading up on parts. Always loved Volks since I got into cars and slapped on my all time favorite wheel, the TE37. Shown below with Comptech Exhaust, AEM CAI, INGS+ 3DGT Wing, APR Diffuser, Volk TE37's, Seibon Wide front fenders, and ASM Rear overs:

Rolled into '08 like a freight train. Mods kept coming. Ditched the soft top for a hard top. Got an Asuka CF Trunk. Found out about the Chargespeed Lip Kit. Became one of the first S2K's to run Concave TE37's:

Near the end of the year, I started becoming discontent with the "budget mods" I had been making to the car. Alot of other owners in the community had started stepping up their game with some amazing builds, and I wanted to do the same. I visited Tommy @ Gotuning Unlimited and dropped some coin on a handful of ASM exterior pieces. Tommy, being the salesman he is, also talked me into a an ASM RSG seat:

Switched to Gram Light 57S's for a short time during the transition.

Not many updates happened here due to me exhausting much of my budget on the ASM goods. However, I was back in TE37's before long:

Continued to actively track the car...

This was the year things turned pretty quickly. As far as I was concerned, the ASM setup was my "end game" exterior-wise, and I was going to focus on the motor from here on out. But a speeding Jeep Liberty changed my plans really quickly:

To make a long story short, I was originally going to buy new ASM parts with the insurance money...but I happened upon a deal that was too good to pass up on a BRAND NEW, AUTHENTIC Amuse GT1 Wide Body Kit! Thus the car took a spin I could have never seen coming:

2011-2012

These years stayed pretty quiet. Got quite tired of spending money on the car, and even lost interest completely at some point. I considered selling it as well. Maintaining the Amuse Kit was alot more of a pain than I had counted on. Rock chips had riddled my once immaculate paint job. The ridiculously rough suspension (Amuse Bilsteins w/ 18k springs) along with the low ride height contributed to me losing alot of my supporting hardware. My front diffuser had also been molested at this point and now had a huge crack. The car was falling apart.

...and that brings us to...

Near the end of 2012, I found the resolve to get the car back up to it's previous shape. I had some of the brackets refabricated/reinforced for the kit.

My buddy helping me reglass my cracked diffuser:

Beat up parts awaiting repaint:

While the kit was getting refreshed, I decided it was time to upgrade the kicks. I knew i wanted to go back to Volks...but I wasn't sure if I wanted TE's again. It's still my favorite wheel, but there were two issues. Firstly, I couldn't find any finishes I really liked that were in stock...and I wasn't about to wait 6 months for a special order wheel. Secondly, the few pictures I had seen of Amuse GT1's with TEs were unimpressive to say the least.

That's when my buddy David from CounterSpace Garage suggested I snag the LAST set of Genesis CE28's in 18x10.5 +18 that were in stock at Mackin. I jumped on the suggestion and David hooked me up with a great deal!

Shortly after receiving the wheels, the car finished up with repairs and repaint. After subsequently spending a full weekend reassembling the kit with new, reinforced hardware...the car was brought back to it original state...plus new shoes

I had the front bumper, side skirts, vents, and front diffuser fully wrapped in clear bra this time around to protect the paint job. Additionally, made a small mod to the sidemarker thanks to Modifry's SMM!

Now that I've gotten a little bit more momentum with the car, you'll be seeing small updates from me here and there. I won't be doing anything ridiculously drastic in the near future, but I'll have a few surprises coming soon...so stay tuned, and thanks for reading!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM

MOD LIST

ENGINE

NOS Base Nitrous EFI Wet Kit
NOS Dual Port Purge Kit
Dyno Tune Bottle Heater
Dyno Tune Automatic Pressure Switch
Dyno Tune Bottle Pressure Gauge
ZEX TPS Switch
ZEX Bottle Brackets
Summit Racing RPM Window Switch
AEM UEGO Wideband
CT-Engineering Cold Air Intake
Berk High Flow Catalytic Converter
Greddy Spectrum Elite Dual Exhaust (modified for Amuse GT1 Rear)
Hondata Toda Reflash ECU (4200RPM VTEC, 8500RPM Redline)
NGK 7173 One-Step Colder Spark Plugs
Mugen Oil Cap

DRIVETRAIN:

Motorklasse 4.44 Final Drive

FOOTWORK AND CHASSIS:

Amuse Bilstein Coilovers (custom valved)
18k Hyperco Springs
Suspension Techniques Front Sway Bar

BRAKES:

Stoptech Rotors
Cobalt GT-S Brake Pads (track only)
Speed Bleeders

WHEELS AND TIRES:

Volk CE28 GENESIS 18x10.5 +18
Muteki Tuner Lugs Black
Project Kics 10mm Spacers (rear)
Universal 5mm Spacers (front)
Bridgestone RE-760 Sport 265/35/18

EXTERIOR:

Amuse GT1 Front Bumper
Amuse GT1 Rear Bumper
Amuse GT1 Wide Front Fenders
Amuse GT1 Wide Rear Over Fenders
Amuse GT1 Sideskirts
Amuse GT1 Front Diffuser
Amuse GT1 Rear Underbody Diffuser
Amuse GT1 Canards
C-Wings FRP Hardtop
Seibon VSII Carbon Fiber Hood
JDP Engineering Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler Custom Molded
Modifry Sidemarker Modules
ASM Short Antenna

INTERIOR:

Bride Edirb 033 Leather Reclining Bucket Seat (Driver)
Bride LR Driver Rails
Bride Bolster Protector
Personal Neo Grinta 330mm
NRG Short Hub
NRG Quick Release 3.0
AEM UEGO Wideband Gauge
GlowShift Electronic Nitrous Pressure Gauge
Mugen Shift Knob
Soft-Top Delete
Alpine Ipod Headunit

NOW

Old 03-16-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

YES OMG YES
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well done sir!

car has been stunning in all its previous incarnations
Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

perfect choice of wheels and size.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOVE it!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your ASM setup was my favorite but the Amuse kit is and always will be amazing. It's begging for a rear wing though!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 AM

Love it glad to see you back!!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Nick your car was always one of my absolute favorites. I 'd the ASM stage immensely, as that was right around the time I was buying my car and really getting into the community here. The latest iteration looks so good. CE's have long been my favorite wheel for the s2k. I'm looking forward to your future progress!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wheel fitment of the CEs with the widebody is PERFECT. Well done. Such a gorgeous car!

Quick Reply: Nichigo's Amuse GT1 Wide Body Journal | Instagram @nichigogo #nicks2k