Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

The Official Rambling Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouford
you can buy it from fred's and install yourself. looks like these guys are the reps: http://www.keystonbros.com/our-compa...s/honolulu-ha/
i remember the robbins top stitching to be stronger than the oem but the rear window was quite smaller than oem. gl ryan.
Cool, I'll give them and Fred's a call when I decide what I want.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by satoman44
Originally Posted by AP1EM1' timestamp='1426112252' post='23536442
[quote name='satoman44' timestamp='1426106117' post='23536306']
Those who replaced soft top, what brand/model did you replace with and what are your thoughts on quality?

Those who replaced wheel bearings/hub/knuckles, where did you go to get the hubs and bearings pressed in/out?

Probably gonna do these maintenance items during my off season. In a couple of months.

I replaced mine with a robbins soft top. Great quality at a good price. Really not that had to complete by yourself. Took me and a friend one saturday with pizza and beer to do the whole swap.
Vinyl or cloth? I'm definitely doing it myself, just want some opinions on the quality of different brands and materials.
[/quote]

i replaced mine with Vinyl. Not sure how the cloth would hold up out here. I also did the plastic to glass rear window conversion, therefor i cant comment on if the window from robbins is smaller then OEM.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone fix my passenger tail light? I need it resealed so theres no more condensation in it. I dont have an oven and i am more than willing to watch how its done and compensate somehow. Im still oblivious how it got messed up but i need it taken care of asap
Old 03-17-2015, 07:34 PM

Those who replaced soft top, what brand/model did you replace with and what are your thoughts on quality?

Those who replaced wheel bearings/hub/knuckles, where did you go to get the hubs and bearings pressed in/out?

Probably gonna do these maintenance items during my off season. In a couple of months.

We replaced my top with a Robbins black stayfast Haartz cloth top. Took a weekend to do since I had to run and buy supplies and what not. The color of the black cloth is much darker than the OEM vinyl. It looks good, but even with minimal use since I got it, it's showing a little wear. It looks really good right after its cleaned. I found that if I let it air dry it looks better than if i use my absorber cloth to dry it. I got mine from topsonline.com. All the holes and everything matched up fine and there's not problem with fitment. Rear window and seams are good, so no leaks. I have one problem that might be installation error on my part, but when i drive with the windows down and the top up, it flaps in the middle of the roof, which the OEM didn't. Like i said though, might be i put it on wrong. It doesn't bother me enough to take it apart again lol.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by goy091
Originally Posted by satoman44' timestamp='1426106117' post='23536306

We replaced my top with a Robbins black stayfast Haartz cloth top. Took a weekend to do since I had to run and buy supplies and what not. The color of the black cloth is much darker than the OEM vinyl. It looks good, but even with minimal use since I got it, it's showing a little wear. It looks really good right after its cleaned. I found that if I let it air dry it looks better than if i use my absorber cloth to dry it. I got mine from topsonline.com. All the holes and everything matched up fine and there's not problem with fitment. Rear window and seams are good, so no leaks. I have one problem that might be installation error on my part, but when i drive with the windows down and the top up, it flaps in the middle of the roof, which the OEM didn't. Like i said though, might be i put it on wrong. It doesn't bother me enough to take it apart again lol.
Thanks for the feedback! Would you go with the vinyl if you did it again? I'm leaning towards Robbins vinyl. You might be able to minimize some flapping noise with some Velcro between the window and top area. The stock top has this.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Would you go with the vinyl if you did it again? I'm leaning towards Robbins vinyl. You might be able to minimize some flapping noise with some Velcro between the window and top area. The stock top has this.
If I had to do it over, I might go for the OEM vinyl since I the grey/black look, but the aftermarket tops are cheaper. The cloth tops I found out later, take a little more maintenance. I use Raggtop cleaner and sealer on it. For the OEM vinyl I just sprayed 303 on it. Another observation I made was that the OEM vinyl is stiffer. My OEM top developed tears on the sides where the hoop retracted. I had to re-inforce with strips of canvas glued into the top. I find that since the cloth top is more flexible, I'm not developing any more tears from rubbing in those areas.

The flapping seems to be coming from right in the middle of the roof. I'll try and stick some Velcro next time I take the hardtop off. I also found that the stray cats like to sleep on the cloth top much more than the vinyl or hardtop lol.

I posted in the tech day thread about a valve adjustment and spark plug DIY. Felipe said you knew how to do them. If we can get a tech day together you're more than welcome to take a look.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 PM

My friend is looking for stock intake. Pm me if you got something. AP2 preferred but can make AP1 work if necessary. Can also work out a trade for a K&N FIPK if wanted. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:06 AM

i would kill for a K N FIPK
I still have my Ap1 stock air box, unmolested
text me?

Old 05-07-2015, 10:51 PM

For the AEM Wideband 02 Sensor, If i replace my primary 02 with the AEM 02, Will I have any issues with a Stock ECU? I havnt wired my wideband in yet but i was considering just wiring power and ground. No signal will be going to the ECU so im uncertain the repercussions will be if the ECU cant read the AFR.

Any insight on this?
Old 05-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

checking the boards, it seems you will throw CEL as the wideband is not compatible with oem ecu.

Quick Reply: The Official Rambling Thread