UMW Market Forsale forum. Members only.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1987 Nissan Pathfinder 5spd

Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 5spd

Price: $1,118.46 obo!!! --> $982obo
Description of item condition:

So I have decided that winter is over & it's time to sell the winter car. I don't care that it's still cold out & will probably still snow eleventy hundred more feet. It's time to pay for track time & car parts.

It's a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 2dr 5spd. It has the Z24, 2.4L 4cyl engine. It has 212,502 miles on it kinda (see below). I bought it in September for the express purpose of driving it all winter & selling it this spring. It has honestly surprised me with its reliability & has performed admirably. It started every day including those ridiculous cold mornings after sitting out over night. I used it to jump start some fellow coworkers on those cold mornings & felt like a boss with my 27yo vehicle. The truck spent it's life in Arizona until 2010, then was bought by the guy I bought it from.

Pros:
Looks like a beast.
Will start every time.
Heat works great.
Transmission shifts fantastic with no pop outs or grinds. Super smooth.
Aftermarket radio with 4 speakers that sounds surprisingly decent.
The whole interior is vinyl. You could honestly hose out the whole inside of the truck with no worries.
Actual ground clearance!
New Wipers & new battery when I bought it.
New V-belts (they were the wrong size) & new alternator in January (thanks One6!!!)

Cons:
Will randomly leak coolant. Anywhere from none to approx 1/2 ounce overnight. I'm guessing it's coming from the water pump, but it's been doing it since I've bought it. Just pretend you're driving an AP1 and instead of checking your oil weekly, check the radiator.
The 4wd hi & low worked when I bought it as I tried it both. It unfortunately leaks out of the transfer case for about a week after filling it & it's too cold to refill it, so I just drove it as RWD all winter. I can't demonstrate that the 4wd works so you can assume it doesn't (although I know that it does at least when I bought it).
On February 17th the speedometer stopped working, therefore the mileage stopped going up. It's too cold for me to be messing around trying to figure how simple to complex this issue is, so there is that. I drive approx 120-150 miles/week so add that to the stated mileage above as it will continue to be my daily until I sell it or it actually gets warm enough out to bring the S out.
Chassis is rust free, but the body has random areas of surface rust as seen in the pics.
Dash is cracked as it spent its life in the Arizona sun, but it has a sweet carpet dash cover.

At least one clear picture of the majority of items for sale: Prepare to be mesmerized...

I can't think of anything else to say. The price is just a random number & is obo of course. Contact me via PM on here & I'll get back to you. I work nights & sleep during the day, so I may get back to you at a random time depending on my work schedule. Somebody buy this beast so fuel my need for track time & parts that aren't necessary! Thanks for looking.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:13 AM

Massive 6.7% price drop! 1048.00 obo!!!! Get it before it's gone forever!

Craigslist bump.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4380386054.html
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it come with a needle and numbers for the tach or is that sold seperately?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by jeggy
Does it come with a needle and numbers for the tach or is that sold seperately?
Haha, that's sold separately along with the cables & wiring to hook one up. I guess it matches the speedometer since that doesn't work. I should get another blank tach & put that on the speedo side too.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tach? oh damn i thought that was the sunset. fooled me again Nissan :shakefist:
Old 03-28-2014, 07:00 AM

Omg what is this madness?!? Multiple % price drop again! Come get this silly vehicle because I am sick of moving it so I can drive the S! Although I did drive to to work the past 2 nights because of the rain.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4396030011.html
Old 03-28-2014, 09:34 PM

Lets trade wheels before you get it sold. I love your wheels man!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by HastedS2K
Haha, they were on it when I bought it. I'll trade you them, along with the whole truck, for cash. What a deal!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Brings back some nostalgia from my Pathfinder days.

Somebody buy this!

GLWS!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Timbagoo
Originally Posted by HastedS2K' timestamp='1396071259' post='23086848
Haha, they were on it when I bought it. I'll trade you them, along with the whole truck, for cash. What a deal!
Lol I really wanted it for my Montero! Yeah I saw that 2 years ago on JDMC forums and you bought it from there. I can add a little bit of cash plus my oem wheels for yours.

Quick Reply: 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 5spd