Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

V8 swap forum

Old 03-21-2014, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8 swap forum

It would be nice to add a V8 swap forum or general alternative engine swaps.

Does any one else agree? Right now they use the NA forum.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Im not doing the swap but, I agree it would be really cool to have a Swap forum for the S2000.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:37 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

This came up before as a separate subforum in the Under Hood section, but it never materialized. The site in general needs a huge forum cleanup on the main page, there's 50+ forums! but alas, yes it would make sense to have a separate forum.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

The forum used to be significantly shorter... then we got requests for subforums and to split up communities into their own groups and for a while, we obliged... and now you see what it has resulted in. Last year we began consolidating communities and part of my efforts this year will be to continue to do that. Like arsenal said, the swap forum discussion was brought up before and I have a monitor to watch the activity in the swap threads. Right now, it could be a subforum within under the hood but it doesn't warrant its own seperate forum.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky
Right now, it could be a subforum within under the hood but it doesn't warrant its own seperate forum.
This is what is needed.

Regarding the layout, perhaps on the Forum landing page just have the headings as links to another page where the subforums are located, i.e. Technical / Gallery / Classifieds / Regionals / Library. Would make for a much nicer layout.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by arsenal
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1395750443' post='23079946
Right now, it could be a subforum within under the hood but it doesn't warrant its own seperate forum.
This is what is needed.

Regarding the layout, perhaps on the Forum landing page just have the headings as links to another page where the subforums are located, i.e. Technical / Gallery / Classifieds / Regionals / Library. Would make for a much nicer layout.
I like that idea.

It won't happen right away in terms of the landing page layout but I can work on the swap subforum. I will need to run it by the Under the Hood moderators first to make sure they are on board with that.

Proposal on the name? Swap Subforum ?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

"Engine Swap"? Here is the previous discussion.

Originally Posted by arsenal
sort of. What would be neat is to have all the general categories collapsed by default and have an option to expand each individually and expand all. That way the main forum landing page doesn't look so overwhelming. I think a lot of newbies don't realize there are regional subforums because you have to scroll down quite a ways to get to them.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:59 PM

Engine swaps sounds good? The collapsable idea is great!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

The forums are already collapsible. The default is just all of them open. It would be nice if you could select since I like having them all open.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swap forum is ok. It will be dominated by V8's any ways, as its the most viable swap as of now...

Quick Reply: V8 swap forum