Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Cars and Coffee Changing?

Old 09-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cars and Coffee Changing?

I've noticed CNC getting bigger and bigger turns outs over the years which is awesome! Toady however was the first time I felt unsafe there. Tons of cars flying through the parking lot revving their engines and being unsafe, Cars peeling out at the light on Warrendale-Bayne road and then running up through the gears, a bunch of middle school kids standing on the corner filming cars as they come and go....

The whole time I felt like I was a moment way from watching a car accident in the parking lot, a kid being run over, a car crashing into a car on Warrendale-Bayne or the cops showing up.

Am I the only one that felt this way?
Old 09-20-2014, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with you. The first C&C I attended this year with the new car may be one of the last. C&C is not what is used to be. I like a more chill and adult environment. I was surprised how the kids literally run around the car with their phone in one hand. I expect people to respect the environment and the cars they are around. In other words, be careful! I really liked the atmosphere when it was over in Robinson at the Starbucks. Bryan maybe it is just us that feel this way....
Old 09-21-2014, 09:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We were there for the last hour. I didn't notice too much of a problem with kids as spectators, just drivers acting like kids behind the wheel! I agree someone is going to get hurt or the cops are going to shut it down!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only two cars I personally saw that were being ridiculous was that blue Lotus and that green IS300. Other than that, it didn't seem much different than any other time. I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:59 PM

I think the group by the entrance filming the cars as they were leaving definitely encouraged some of the aggressive driving. I stayed away and didn't want to watch, but could hear them losing traction. My opinion is that it's alright to get on it a bit when pulling out (it's a tempting stretch of pavement), but when cars start losing traction and getting sideways or blowing by traffic, that's when it really endangers other drivers.

That being said, I will definitely be back to the meets. I feel bad for Cliff, because he was running around trying to manage this. He did tell people not to congregate by the entrance and he talked to the drivers who were stepping out of line, so kudos to him. CNC may have changed, but I think it's a result of the growth outpacing the rules and policies (or lack thereof b/c there was no need for them before) rather than the leaders allowing this behavior. I'm sure this will be addressed soon because there are enough of us who are concerned about the reputation of the club and safety of the events.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by revvy
I think the group by the entrance filming the cars as they were leaving definitely encouraged some of the aggressive driving. I stayed away and didn't want to watch, but could hear them losing traction. My opinion is that it's alright to get on it a bit when pulling out (it's a tempting stretch of pavement), but when cars start losing traction and getting sideways or blowing by traffic, that's when it really endangers other drivers.

That being said, I will definitely be back to the meets. I feel bad for Cliff, because he was running around trying to manage this. He did tell people not to congregate by the entrance and he talked to the drivers who were stepping out of line, so kudos to him. CNC may have changed, but I think it's a result of the growth outpacing the rules and policies (or lack thereof b/c there was no need for them before) rather than the leaders allowing this behavior. I'm sure this will be addressed soon because there are enough of us who are concerned about the reputation of the club and safety of the events.

Valid points all the way around. I really hope he can reign it in. When I left the Monte Carlo behind me smoked his tires pulling on to Warrendale-Bayne then at the light onto 19 the Vette and the F-150 in front of me both lit it up and slid through the intersection. I just feel like we have reached the critical mass where we are going to get a lot of unwanted attention and it is going to end poorly.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't see any crazy like that Brian. That's unfortunate

It seems like every "meet" type event runs into this type of issue sooner or later and it comes down to the strength of the organizers whether or not they pull through. Although with Cliff at the helm, I have no doubt that things will work out for the better.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have noticed all of the same things (was actually talking to Bryan about while we were standing there)I hope Cliff can get it back under control before someone gets hurt or the cops shut it down.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by mmoore9700
I have noticed all of the same things (was actually talking to Bryan about while we were standing there)I hope Cliff can get it back under control before someone gets hurt or the cops shut it down.
My buddy Andy from work (the guy with the NSX not the guy with the STI) sent me an IM today asking me about CNC and if it seemed a little out of control. I sent him a link to this thread and he said it mirrored his thoughts too.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This is good to see.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee Changing?