Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rock the Dragon 2015 - Back to the Dragon

Old 10-31-2014, 02:01 AM

Received 974 Likes on 667 Posts
Default Rock the Dragon 2015 - Back to the Dragon

Rock the Dragon 2015 - THE Premiere S2000 Spring Event

It's a new season on the Dragon with all the good times and good things you expect; great people, roads, and events to start 2015 off in style.

When: April 9th (Thursday) to April 12th (Sunday), 2015

Where: Fontana Village Resort

What: RtD2015 (Rock the Dragon 2015), the annual Spring S2000 event at the Dragon! Located in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains of NC/TN, this is the premiere S2000 event! Great driving with 318 curves in 11 miles and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other S2000 enthusiasts.

DRIVER REGISTRATION: $65

Includes: The Friday night Cookout with grilled chicken sandwiches, pasta salad, chips, tea and lots of good friends, the Dinner Banquet (ever been to a pig picking?) on Saturday, Event Magnet, Lanyard with name tag (which is your ticket to admission for all events), Applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees, and admission to all event activities. Does not include EventBrite fees.

GUEST REGISTRATION: $60

Includes: The Friday night Cookout, Dinner Banquet on Saturday, Lanyard with name tag, Applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees, and admission to all event activities. Does not include EventBrite fees.

ACCOMMODATIONS - HOTEL and LODGING INFORMATION

For Fontana Village Resort (the headquarters), make your HOTEL RESERVATIONS by calling Fontana Village at 800-849-2258 and ask for the Group Discount "Rock the Dragon". The link below provides additional information on Fontana Village, including accommodation descriptions, maps and directions. Fontana offers lodge rooms, cabins and campground facilities.

Link to Fontana Village

QUICK ITINERARY (all events subject to change due to whim, weather or circumstance)

Thursday, April 9 - For those that arrive early: Meet the OKI Group in Maryville, Dinner TBD. We'll leave Fontana for Maryville in a somewhat spirited drive across the Dragon and the Parkway to meet the OKI group. Once we get together, we'll head in a group to TBD.

Friday, April 10th - The start of RtD2015. Check the whiteboard in the lobby to see who has arrived and where they're staying. As usual, there will be lots of Dragon driving, catching up and renewing friendships. Check the itinerary or whiteboard for organized drives, or for something different, explore the other great roads in the area for more driving adventures.

The Newbie Drive

You can pick up your RtD2015 packet early Friday morning and take part in the "First Timer's Orientation". Check the itinerary or the whiteboard in the lobby for exact time and meeting location. If this is your first Dragon event, you are strongly encouraged to join in, meet other first timers and pick up tips for driving the Dragon. Various group drives will also be available during the day. Be sure to check the whiteboard often.

Fridays are for Franklin

A slightly spirited drive on Hellbender (Rt. 28) to Franklin, NC and lunch at Cafe REL. If you've never been to Cafe REL, you're in for a treat. Bring cash, Cafe REL doesn't take plastic. Afterwards, there will be drives throughout the area. Bridal Veil Falls, Wayah Road, and more will be on the agenda.

Friday night Picnic on the Ball Field

Along with grilled chicken sandwiches, pasta salad, chips, and more you can pick up your RtD2015 packet. Come early to renew old friendships and make new ones. Once again there will be a beer swap (21 or older only!) and lots of time to get together.

Saturday, April 11h - The MONSTER ROLLOUT - The "official" DAY of the event. Line up in front of the ball field and then we'll roll out from Fontana as a group - a great opportunity for those wanting pictures of all the gathered cars. Group Dragon driving is on the agenda and you'll have an opportunity for a group photo at the Gravel lot at the end of the roll out. Afterwards, you can check out a variety of group drives (these will be organized drives on various roads surrounding the Dragon) that will offer lunch options. If you choose not to do any of the drives, continue driving the Dragon, explore the area on your own or relax at the lodge.

The Banquet

The RtD2015 banquet will be served in the Rec Hall next to the Wildwood Grill. We'll enjoy dinner with a recap of our event and videos and pictures from the weekend. Following the banquet, we'll meet at the Gunner Cabin Fire Pit and rehash the weekend. There will be a beer swap so come prepared with a locally brewed beer to exchange.

Sunday, April 12th - Say goodbye to fellow S2000 enthusiasts. Some folks will be staying until Monday for more Dragon driving, but the majority will be leaving. Meet in Deal's Gap for breakfast and good-byes.

We look forward to seeing you at the Dragon!

There will be limited discounted early registration. Early registration starts 12/31/2014

(Rock the Dragon, RTD, DragonFall Run and DFR Copyright by the Double Dragon Group, LLC)

* EDIT BY goldenfri *

Who is going this year?

MID-A Dragon crew 2015:

Jim - goldenfri
Jeff - WhrDLMI
Evan - TepEvan
Eddie - Mack21
Dan - Roflcopter
Ken - kgf3076
Steve - //steve\\
Old 10-31-2014, 04:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm definitely, 100%, fo sho, not missing this event. I missed last years and this years and I refuse to miss this one in 2015! I'll also broadcast this over the other channels to get more interest.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4,656 Likes on 3,343 Posts

This will be my 9th year in attendance. CAN'T WAIT!
Old 10-31-2014, 05:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 663 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Mack21
I'm definitely, 100%, fo sho, not missing this event. I missed last years and this years and I refuse to miss this one in 2015! I'll also broadcast this over the other channels to get more interest.

I will be there again as usual. I've actually already requested time off.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yess can't wait!!!! This will be my 4th year. I'm going to try to make it for the whole week if we can work it out.

Not that we had much interest last year, I'll be bring my windshield repair again this year.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:16 AM

Received 766 Likes on 457 Posts

See everyone there!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TepEvan
See everyone there!
Can't wait to meet the HAW crew!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

If I can keep my car from burning to the ground, I'll be there this year.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 663 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by e3opian
If I can keep my car from burning to the ground, I'll be there this year.
Is this an ever present danger?
Old 10-31-2014, 07:52 AM

Received 766 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by Mack21
Originally Posted by TepEvan' timestamp='1414768614' post='23389301
See everyone there!
Can't wait to meet the HAW crew!
Yea buddy!

Quick Reply: Rock the Dragon 2015 - Back to the Dragon