The Maritimes Areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island

Introductions

Old 06-24-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Introductions

Hey guys, figured since we have our own area now that we should start an introduction post so that we can get to know who is around us and what their car looks like.

I will kick it off, this is my second s2000, previously I owned a 2006 Suzuka Blue all original that is currently just under 50,000 kms that I bought when I was out west. I sold it to my father a couple of years ago and he currently still has it in New Glasgow. Just this past year I picked up a 2002 Berlina Black with higher mileage that for the most part was well taken care of. The interior was in immaculate condition and the paint overall was excellent. It had a couple of dings in the body but I am going to do some PDR to fix that. The bumper was also resprayed at some point and they didn't do the best job on it. Overall the car was accident free as all the panels were original. Engine had 205,000 km when I picked it up but doesn't seem to burn oil.

I picked up the car with the intention of modifying it, one of the reasons I sold my low mileage AP2 was that I didn't want to get into any heavy modifications to ruin an already clean car that was never even driven in the rain.

Here are some pics of my past and current s2000's.

Now onto my current Berlina:

So far on the car I have only really touched on some maintenance items, new rotors/pads, spark plugs, inspected bushings which require new compliance bushings next year. Lowered on some Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers, new retro'd headlights and rolled pulled fenders/quarters (which were pretty roughly done), and K&N FIPK.

Future plans are to pull all the suspension and clean it up with new balljoints and bushings. Have overfenders front/rear on order, new wheels/tires eventually.

I was going to jump more into the build this summer but I recently acquired another toy which took some funds away. I bought a 1977 Ford Bronco from my brother that we built when I was younger. So the last photo is a line up of my current toy inventory

My name is Evan and I am located in Dartmouth/Cole Harbour area so if you see me say hi or wave!
Old 06-25-2015, 02:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am happy to finally be apart of the s2000 community, I have been on the hunt for a S2000 for a VERY long time. Before I purchased my S2000 I always wrenched on my 1992 Honda civic, it has been with me for over 11 years. I hope the S2000 will have that same place in my heart. I still own my hatch, but it is currently all apart. I haven't touched it in over a year.

Anyways, I bought my 2001 S2000 locally here in Moncton. I lucked out big time and got a super good deal on it at the dealership. It had just under 205,000kms when purchased, now it is just shy of 220,000kms. First thing I did was buy 4 new Hankook v12's. After I bought the tires, it didn't take long to lower it and source out a lip,lights,badges,exhaust and a K&N intake.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and hopefully we can organize a local meet.

The S aka Moog, yes MCM was the inspiration for the name lol

and of course my first love Reddrick

Old 06-25-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the Saint John area,
Purchased my 04, 5 years ago, with 35,000km..........has 42,000km now.

After having multiple muscle cars, I must say I have enjoyed this car the most.

Did use the S2000 for autocross, but have been using the MR2 of late.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:17 AM

Nice MR2, that was my very first car, I had a 91 turbo that I completely rebuilt... Miss that car a lot
Old 06-27-2015, 07:12 AM

I'm around the Charlottetown, PEI area and picked up the S2000 last year..
These really are great cars and have been enjoying every minute with it.
Up next for me is the Sunrise Trail then the Cabot Trail, the S should be excellent for that drive.

See you all on the road..

Kyle

Old 06-27-2015, 08:07 AM

^ I want your wheels lol
Old 06-27-2015, 04:41 PM

There was a set on Kijiji the other day in Yarmouth area for 100 bucks

Edit: Found the link:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ya...ationFlag=true
Old 06-27-2015, 05:00 PM

I have my factory set in boxes, because I put some aftermarket wheels on.................I don't think I could get rid of the factory set, Sorry.

I wonder what kind of shape $100.00 wheels would be in.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:58 AM

I messaged him on kijiji they had sold, and I am 5 hours away.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a Halifax resident, owning a MY2000 Silverstone. I've met/seen some of you guys around i believe. maybe not, who knows!

Introductions-o3rxysah.jpg

I bought the car just over two years ago with ~165,000km and its at 190,000km now. Got it from an ex-RCMP officer who took pretty good car of it and clearly never abused it. It's been dead-reliable for the entire time. I started mainly doing maintenance things (filters, rebuilding sticky brake calipers, removing botched DRL modules, etc...) to get it to a point where I was happy. Also added some driver-convenience thing (upgraded stereo + modifry dash controls, heated seats with factory-looking controls)

I soon discovered autocrossing, and had always enjoyed watching motorsports/playing racing games. Made it out to a test/tune event and got hooked right away. First season I bought a set of AP2V3 wheels and Michelin Pilot Supersports, nothing else. The car is so inherently capable, I was able to finish second overall in street-classed cars in the regional championship. This year i'm running in the Street Touring class to get some more cars to compete against. I've also made a trailer hitch for the car (following Million's inspirational thread)

Introductions-t58kpznh.jpg

I wonder who got those AP2V1's?
Introductions-qyhlgc6h.jpg

We also have a second S2000 in the family in the Halifax Area. it's a MY2006 Laguna Blue that belongs to my cat. i mean my father.
Introductions-rg8jazuh.jpg

Quick Reply: Introductions