Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Misc. AP1 Stuff Free for the taking

Old 07-05-2015, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misc. AP1 Stuff Free for the taking

Hey guys, I gotta clean out the basement and can no longer stupidly hoard old parts I really shouldn't have in the first place.

Over time I have gutted turned two different AP1's from street to eventually track-only HPDE cars. As I've done so I never seem to throw anything away. I now have clear out my basement and it's time to get rid of some of the crap I've been hoarding. I don't have an inventory though it is mostly an odd collection of interior bits stripped out to put in roll-bar such as plastics, OEM roll hoop structure, seatbelts, etc. But also I have a couple of sets of OEM coil-overs, various OEM brake parts, motors for the soft top, possibly an old windscreen or maybe even an original Muz Mat from when I cared about my precious plastic window when my first one was brand new.

Location: 5801 W 90th Place, Oak Lawn IL 60453 . Phone, 847-778-3378. Call me if you're looking for something specific.

The stuff I'm getting rid of right now is just in the way (to me). The fair minded among us might recognize something I'm giving away as having value and put a little something in the 'get Steve back on the track' donation jar as I'm currently rebuilding a new S2000 track car from a total loss after a BMW let his engine go at Grattan in my braking zone for turn 1 causing me to roll over 3 times; a total loss.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll probably be identifying anything of real value and having another list of stuff I'm not just kicking to the curb, so I do have a pile of other stuff in addition to this if you're looking. Give me a call or swing by.

- Steve
Old 07-05-2015, 10:37 AM

Well Jeggy was the first to take advantage. Nice to finally meet you in person after all these years of knowing who you were on this forum Jeggy! I cannot believe we've lived a mere 10 or so miles from each other all these years.

Update to what's in my front lawn right now.

misc interior plastic; most important is a near perfect center bin (secret compartment) and lightly worn center console (cup holder, shift boot).
yellow momo shift knob
OEM wheel locks set
OEM floor mats (red stitching) almost no use because....
yellow stiched aftermarket (prooly Muz IIRC) floor mats with light wear
muz mat for plastic window
two sets of OEM coil-overs. I think I'm missing top hats for one or more
a couple of AP2 flywheels.
a couple of clutch, assemblies. One of them is the stronger ACT PP that Hardtop Guy (and others) sell. Clutches are probably around 50% or so.
2 OEM under-body stiffening bars (who wants those though? My X-brace has saved countless oil pans. I like the kerbs .... maybe a little too much

NOT FREE: I have an OEM CAT with about 30-50k (for sure no more than 50k on it).

Still cleaning.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:00 PM

Man there's a few pieces I'd take you up on but i've been away all weekend and can't make another drive.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:58 PM

Let me know what you're thinking of; I might still have it.

Jeggy got my roll-hoops with unbroken plastic covers. The scrap metal guys got all the suspension pieces, brakes parts, seat belts, soft-top motors and other metal bits because nobody showed by 7pm so I moved them to the curb (probably the only value is somebody going back to stock, or needing the front top hats). I still have the floor mats, both sets, and the muz mat. I'm doing another round of clearing next weekend and will come across more. There are plastic pieces out there but not sure the garbage men will pick them up. If not, there will still be a near mint center compartment, decent shape center console, a few misc internal plastics (header piece with light, one of the rocker panel covers, etc,) OEM airbox and a couple of OEM exhaust manifolds (like anyone wants those either).

Anyway, sorry I didn't give much warning. I haven't even gotten to the garage yet so PM or text me or whatever (next weekend; I'm traveling for work this week) if there's something you think I might still have for you.
Originally Posted by solos2k
Man there's a few pieces I'd take you up on but i've been away all weekend and can't make another drive.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Very nice gesture of you to do so, Steve.
Hope others can benefit from what you're doing.

I may be perhaps interested in the yellow stiched floor mats if they are still available? I will shoot you a text as well if anything.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you still have the red floor mats???
Old 07-06-2015, 07:00 PM

Steve, is that a cell phone? I have a plastic piece I need but don't know what it's called. If I send you a pic of my broken piece can you see if you have it?

[/quote]
Old 07-07-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

If the upper 'secret compartment' part of the console is black, and you wouldn't mind boxing it up (I would gladly pay for shipping) I would like to see how it might be added to our LoveFab NSX.

Brian
Old 07-08-2015, 03:58 AM

for the two inquiries on the plastic parts, I'm afraid they're gone now. Though jesterlaf, yes it is a mobile phone. Go ahead and text me the pic. I'll still likely unearth some interior bits and might have one of what you have.

sca037, sorry your post was just a touch too late (or my post of 'free stuff' wasn't early enough). The 'secret compartment' bin was indeed black but nobody responded during the weekend I was clearing out so I'm afraid it's in the recycling system now . Too bad, I'd love to think of an original part of my 1st S2000 running around in a LoveFab car.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:32 AM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

The LoveFab car has no trunk, so having even a little more storage space on board would be helpful ;^D

No worries,
Brian

Quick Reply: Misc. AP1 Stuff Free for the taking