S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Honda Dealership Woes

Old 08-11-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Dealership Woes

Hello everyone,I just wanted to share a bad dealership experience. I have a 2008 S2000 CR, that I brought into my local Honda dealer for spark plugs/valve adjustment. When I went to go pick it up the next day I notice a bunch of paint is missing from my front bumper and it is pushed in. I told the service guys and without even looking at it he says "That was already there this morning." They told me there was nothing they could do, and I had to call a manager. I called him today and he denied everything and said the tech didn't hit it. He told me if somebody else hit the car on their property and they didn't know it's not their fault. (Sidenote: He put my dipstick in backwards after the valve adjustment)He told me best thing he could do was have his body guy look at it and MAYBE fix it. I'm not sure I trust that dealership anymore so I called Honda of America. They told me he would reach out to me. I already asked the service manager if I could take it to a different body shop and give them the quote and he said no. If my only option is getting it fixed at his dealer, I might just eat the cost and go somewhere else. Thoughts?
Old 08-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

This is the exact reason I won't take my car to a dealer. They are just terrible. Don't just eat the cost. Do you have proof of the condition prior to the car being at the dealer? Can you post a picture of the damage?
Old 08-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience, another reason I wont go to the dealer. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

you brought the car into the dealership for a valve adjustment?? LOL big mistake bro.

where are you from? im sure your local section can direct you to a shop that specializes in S2000's vs. a regular honda mechanic that is not use to working on performance oriented cars.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IAmTheRealAsif, I feel for you, that is not how a dealership should operate.

The only action I can think of is to get pictures of the damage before/after and post to social media/online reviews next. Don't slander the dealer but post up your bad experience with the details (the dealers facebook page, instagram, review sites, ect). You'd be surprised how much negative press can hurt a business for not treating the customer correctly. If nothing comes of it, at least you are warning the next potential customer of how they handle their customers.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry to hear of your troubles IAmTheRealAsif. Hope this get's resolved, have you or did you contact your insurance when you first observed the damage?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
This is the exact reason I won't take my car to a dealer. They are just terrible. Don't just eat the cost. Do you have proof of the condition prior to the car being at the dealer? Can you post a picture of the damage?
Unfortunately, I don't think I have any real proof of the cars condition prior to the dealership. I have a picture on my phone but I'm having trouble posting it. I'm trying to get it uploaded right now.

Originally Posted by iridedumped
Sorry to hear about your experience, another reason I wont go to the dealer. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Thanks I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by blueprint
you brought the car into the dealership for a valve adjustment?? LOL big mistake bro.where are you from? im sure your local section can direct you to a shop that specializes in S2000's vs. a regular honda mechanic that is not use to working on performance oriented cars.
I agree in hindsight, that was a big mistake. I'm around Philadelphia area. Funny thing is I read the DIY on here like 20 times, but I figured they knew what they were doing. I just hope they didn't mess up my valve adjustment too.

Originally Posted by Beard
IAmTheRealAsif, I feel for you, that is not how a dealership should operate.The only action I can think of is to get pictures of the damage before/after and post to social media/online reviews next. Don't slander the dealer but post up your bad experience with the details (the dealers facebook page, instagram, review sites, ect). You'd be surprised how much negative press can hurt a business for not treating the customer correctly. If nothing comes of it, at least you are warning the next potential customer of how they handle their customers.
Thanks man. I agree, everyone there was really shady and nobody wanted to help me out. My moms Infiniti FX37 was getting service and her car got hit at the dealer. They called her and offered to fix it. It was all good. The only thing is I don't have any pictures of that specific area of my car prior to the dealership. I did take a picture of the car at the dealer when I saw the damage. You can't see the location of the picture though. Maybe I could pull the metadata haha. I'm going to see if they want to make this right. If not, I will def. let more people know about this.

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Sorry to hear of your troubles IAmTheRealAsif. Hope this get's resolved, have you or did you contact your insurance when you first observed the damage?
Thank you. I didn't call my insurrance yet. It happened on a Friday or Saturday when it was at the dealer. Do you think it would be too late to report it?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:29 PM

The scuffs on the tow area were already there. The damage is the black marks right above that. Also it's hard to see but the bumper got pushed into the headlight and there are some tiny cracks there.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:42 PM

This exact same thing happened to me with my GTI at the VW dealership. They damaged the drivers side front part of the bumper and fender. They also claimed the damage was there when I brought it in, and tried showing me grainy pictures from their cameras (which didnt show anything really).

Luckily, they had not done the intitial walk around of the car when I first brought it in, so they had no proof that it was damaged when I brought it in. I had to get the car fixed through insurance however. I paid the $500 deductible, but then State Farm went after them for the amount of damage and the deductible cost, and I got a $500 check back. It also didnt affect my rates since it was a subrogated claim.

My advice, see if they did a pre inspection walk around on the car when it first came in, and you might have room to work with them.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

That dealership has cameras. They HAVE to. Getting someone to find the footage of your car getting hit will be impossible.

So many other places you could have gone to around PHL for this work. My house for instance..... we do Billman meets every 6 months. I'm in the 18067.

Quick Reply: Honda Dealership Woes