Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Amuse GT1 Journey

Old 08-29-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amuse GT1 Journey

[SIZE="6"]Amuse GT1 Journey[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Instagram: [/SIZE][SIZE="4"]_amusegt1[/SIZE]

Hey Guys,
My name is Isaac, I’ve been on s2ki for some years now and I’ve own my s2k for almost 4 years. I’ve always loved the s2000 and I knew it was going to be my first major purchase out of college. A few months after graduation I was the proud owner of an 05 Suzuka Blue Ap2. I purchased her off another s2ki member (Gigdy aka Chip) an awesome guy with wealth of knowledge.

[SIZE="3"]Unmolested[/SIZE]

I’ve always loved the CR s2k so I decided to swap my OEM lip to a CR lip which dramatically improved the look of the car. I know many people are not fans of it but for me it was both a nice cosmetic and functional upgrade. Hence, the below photo. This happened on 495, one of the screws the held the lip to the bumper came loose and probably doing 80 on the highway didn’t help either.

After replacing the lip, I decided I wanted power. Thanks to my good friend HMFIC (Allan) I decided on GTX30r Ptuning

[SIZE="4"]One last shoot before the build begins[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Amuse GT1[/SIZE]

Towards the end of 2014 I started to get bored with my s2k and even contemplated selling her. Until one day I had the wild idea of going widebody but not just any ordinary widebody. I wanted the best of the best. It was choice between Amuse or J’s Racing but Power house Amuse style of widebody aligns more with my taste.

I finally pulled the trigger in January 2015. I called up the good people at Bulletproof Automotive and received the kit in mid June

[SIZE="4"]Removed INGS rear bumper (Still for sale )[/SIZE]

Front bumper off

[SIZE="4"]Widebody front bumper fits like a glove[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Rear panel needs a bit more adjustment but test fit looks great.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Close up[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Favorite shot[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Another angle [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Lots of room for the TE37SL[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Pressed Graphite Thanks to KAMISPEED[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Another shot of the front[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Swapped blue interior to all red[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Rear end[/SIZE]

** I'll update this build as more work gets done

Last edited by 9k4days; 01-24-2018 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subsribed!! Looks great Issac, can't wait to see it done.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Subscribed!

My man Issac, I went high school with you man, surprisingly you were a Honda S2000 enthusiast as well! I had always wanted this car when it first came out. And you are also a George Washington alumni. lol, we have quite a similar path brother. I can't help but drive the s daily and I like it relatively stock. Yours turning out amazing, really like the powerhouse amuse direction. I don't have much time these days, but my friends at Brother's Garage has some seriously decked out rides that are sponsored, come hang out sometime when car shows start popping up.

Take care man, I will keep myself posted to your thread.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:45 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

what color will you be going with?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Grip Hrd
Subscribed!

My man Issac, I went high school with you man, surprisingly you were a Honda S2000 enthusiast as well! I had always wanted this car when it first came out. And you are also a George Washington alumni. lol, we have quite a similar path brother. I can't help but drive the s daily and I like it relatively stock. Yours turning out amazing, really like the powerhouse amuse direction. I don't have much time these days, but my friends at Brother's Garage has some seriously decked out rides that are sponsored, come hang out sometime when car shows start popping up.

Take care man, I will keep myself posted to your thread.
Thanks bro, its been a really long time. We're definitely due for a catch up. I'll pm you my number
Old 08-29-2015, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaspeed00
what color will you be going with?
I want to replicate the orignal Japanese version, so I'm doing a color change to Alpine white
After some serious photoshopping white was the best choice in my mind.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awww damn i was really hoping to see a suzuka blue GT1.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Kinda irritated with how my Legalo front fits in comparison to this GT1 kit.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PLEASE go with something other than white. So many pick white. A unique blue would be cool.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very cool subscribed
Old 08-30-2015, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baby blue looks good.

Quick Reply: Amuse GT1 Journey