Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Rebuilding F20C

Old 09-22-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding F20C

Hello fellow members

So I've had issues with engine recently, a weird noise coming from the transmission (which after replacement, the noise remained) and also a noise from the engine, which seems to be the TCT. I replaced it but the noise came back within 2 weeks. My plan is to either replace the engine and get rid of this one, or just rebuild which would seem like a cheaper option. Any inputs?

Also, any shops that anyone would recommend for this?(rebuilding)
Ive already had a bad experience with Forged so I'm not planning on going back there.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:51 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Who hasn't had a bad experience with Forged??!
Old 09-24-2015, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Junior, You could check PRE off airport way . That's in your neck of the woods .
Old 09-24-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had a bad experience with Trackforged... But every shop seems to have their own rates; sometimes the amount payed isn't worth the final product. Whatever you feel is a reliable place would be my advice.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:29 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by superbrand0n
I haven't had a bad experience with Trackforged... But every shop seems to have their own rates; sometimes the amount payed isn't worth the final product. Whatever you feel is a reliable place would be my advice.
I think that's what he's asking for, recommendations of a reliable place.

Try AR auto down in Lake Oswego.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
Who hasn't had a bad experience with Forged??!
Probably many, but I won't take my car there anymore.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by S2k-2NV
Junior, You could check PRE off airport way . That's in your neck of the woods .
Thank for the suggestion. That was the next place I was gonna go to
Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a guy in the pnw s2000 group on Facebook in Washington who had a 05 motor tranny he was selling. That was a few weeks back maybe sold now though.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:53 PM

How many miles are on the motor? Have you done compression? Leak down? There wouldn't be a need to replace the motor unless it was immediately necessary, or you were prepping it for boost or similar in the future. What did you replace the original TCT with? another OEM unit? I would recommend the Billman TCT, or many have had success with the Ballade TCT. If you are getting transmission noises, and you have already swapped transmissions, it could be your clutch/flywheel setup causing the noises. OEM clutch and flywheel?
Old 09-29-2015, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by s2sik
How many miles are on the motor? Have you done compression? Leak down? There wouldn't be a need to replace the motor unless it was immediately necessary, or you were prepping it for boost or similar in the future. What did you replace the original TCT with? another OEM unit? I would recommend the Billman TCT, or many have had success with the Ballade TCT. If you are getting transmission noises, and you have already swapped transmissions, it could be your clutch/flywheel setup causing the noises. OEM clutch and flywheel?
The engine had 170,xxx miles. I haven't done compression but that was next on the list. The TCT was replaced with an OEM one at Forged. The transmission noises are pretty weird, you'd have to hear to understand or get an idea. It might be the clutch.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding F20C