S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What AFRs Are You Getting?

Old 10-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What AFRs Are You Getting?

I think my tune is running lean under casual acceleration/cruising situations.

Under boost and heavy acceleration I'm sitting right around 11->12 or so (only done a few WOT pulls), which I think is about right.

What concerns me though is just curising around an accelerating casually I'm consistently seeing numbers around 15ish. While maintaining a speed I'm almost always at 16-17+. This is while I'm only lightly on the throttle.

My car is getting REALLY hot after curising around, moreso than I think makes sense even for a turbo'd car in Texas. Silicone couplers for the compressor housing intake elbow are getting melted off within only a couple trips around town. I also have a really bad dead zone between 3-4K RPM where it feels like my power curve goes flat. The turbo isn't engaged at this point but it feels more than just turbo lag to me. The car actually stutters a bit within that range.

Either way, seems like I need my tune looked at again. It was a road tune, so no dyno graph.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your pretty lean if your hitting 11-12 hard acceleration. And. CRuising at 17 is high ass well. Go get a retune. Stop driving
Old 10-04-2015, 03:35 PM

11-12 is rich and that's where you want to be on accell witch is ok. But 17+ is very lean and dangerous. go get a tune these areas should be 14
Old 10-04-2015, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm at around 13.2 under load, 14 while cruising or idle. I only see 16 and above when I let off the pedal, if you're seeing those numbers just cruising you're running lean probably need to get your tune checked. Is your sensor in good shape? My OEM sensor and AEM wideband sensor give different readings. I'll need to replace my OEM sensor here soon.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chance S2K
I think my tune is running lean under casual acceleration/cruising situations.

Under boost and heavy acceleration I'm sitting right around 11->12 or so (only done a few WOT pulls), which I think is about right.

What concerns me though is just curising around an accelerating casually I'm consistently seeing numbers around 15ish. While maintaining a speed I'm almost always at 16-17+. This is while I'm only lightly on the throttle.

My car is getting REALLY hot after curising around, moreso than I think makes sense even for a turbo'd car in Texas. Silicone couplers for the compressor housing intake elbow are getting melted off within only a couple trips around town. I also have a really bad dead zone between 3-4K RPM where it feels like my power curve goes flat. The turbo isn't engaged at this point but it feels more than just turbo lag to me. The car actually stutters a bit within that range.

Either way, seems like I need my tune looked at again. It was a road tune, so no dyno graph.
What ecu are you running?

Afr's under load sound fine, but cruising afr's are dangerously lean. I wouldn't be driving it like that.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:55 PM

I'm using an AEM V2 and AEM wideband.

I've put on about 100 miles since the tune as this is my daily driver, but I'll be sure to get in contact with my tuner tomorrow and get this fixed ASAP.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:22 PM

I've put on about 100 miles since the tune as this is my daily driver, but I'll be sure to get in contact with my tuner tomorrow and get this fixed ASAP.
Do you know how to hook up your laptop to it and download the tune? I'm curious if it is 1v24 or 2v02 firmware. Also please save a data log of it doing this and post the tune.

My car did the same thing when I "upgraded" to 2v02, and the problem disappeared immediately when I went back to 1v24
Old 10-04-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Originally Posted by Chance S2K' timestamp='1444006513' post='23766153

Do you know how to hook up your laptop to it and download the tune? I'm curious if it is 1v24 or 2v02 firmware. Also please save a data log of it doing this and post the tune.

My car did the same thing when I "upgraded" to 2v02, and the problem disappeared immediately when I went back to 1v24
Do you know if the tune is accessable even when it's locked? I don't know if you can't even view it or if you just can't modify it (I'm assuming the later).

I know this shop locks all of their custom tunes.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Habitforming' timestamp='1444008121' post='23766168
[quote name='Chance S2K' timestamp='1444006513' post='23766153']

Do you know if the tune is accessable even when it's locked? I don't know if you can't even view it or if you just can't modify it (I'm assuming the later).

[/quote]

Honestly I have no idea.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Habitforming
Originally Posted by Chance S2K' timestamp='1444010523' post='23766200
[quote name='Habitforming' timestamp='1444008121' post='23766168']
[quote name='Chance S2K' timestamp='1444006513' post='23766153']

[/quote]

Honestly I have no idea.
[/quote]
I'll call the shop tomorrow and try to connect a laptop to the EMS.

Something definitely needs to change here.

Quick Reply: What AFRs Are You Getting?