Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Introduction

Old 10-18-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Charity, and I just purchased a completely stock Silverstone/Black 2007 s2k this weekend. It's my first one, and I'm super excited about being an owner.

A little background about me: I live in Salem; work in Corvallis. I currently also own a '13 Veloster Turbo with a long mod list from forged internals to full suspension upgrades that delivers 100+ horsepower over stock. I'm a moderator for the Veloster forums, and I am an admin for the Willamette Valley Car Club. I am also a hobbiest automotive photographer who enjoys the automotive social scene. I try to be really active, but also appreciate quiet time (and long walks on the beach, blah blah blah)

My current plan is to focus on appearance vs. go-fast parts (opposite of my last two cars). I'm spending quite a few nights online reading forums and reviews to create my custom build plan.

Super excited to see such an active and large Oregon/SW Washington group, and I look forward to attending some events to learn and share together! Thanks for having me! I look forward to meeting all of you soon.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome Charity! We've been known to take long (ish) (well, actually pretty short) walks on the beach (our Long Beach drive), but are just as likely to just look at the beach while we're having an early breakfast (the Pelican brewpub on the Pacific City drive). And I'm pretty sure there WAS a beach next to the motel we stayed at on the Lake Chelan drive, does that count? But we're just as likely to have just as much fun in the twisties on the drive getting there (wherever"there" is) and back. And sometimes there's fun lurking just nearby (like on the gokart track, again on the Long Beach run for instance).

Welcome to the club. DO focus on how your car looks. All of us take pride in that. And most of us realize that there's not a lot that you NEED to do to the performance: It's a really good performer in stock trim. That said, most of us usually find things we WANT to do, ways to enjoy it even more, whether it's just to make it SOUND better (replacement pipes), FASTER (turbo- or super-charging, typically), or HANDLE and STOP better (with tires and/or upgraded coil-overs and/or mods to the braking systems). The opportunities are endless (as long as fund$ are endless too ). But don't lose sight of the basic truth: It's a really good car if you don't do anything at all.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at an event or drive sometime soon! And I'm sure others are too, right Ira? ...

Dean

Old 10-19-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome Charity! Dean said it best. The car is really good in stock form. Trust me I know. I went from supercharged AP1, to ITB AP2, to Turbo AP2 and now back to stock and it's just as good and fun. More reliable too! Most of the fun though is from this wonderful group of people that share the same passion for this car.

Winters are little quiet around here but it will start picking up late winter/early spring. Hope that you can make it to one our awesome drives that our CO's plan and coordinate.

Huy
Old 10-19-2015, 05:41 PM

Aww, thanks! Yup, I agree on the s2k being a healthy performance car already and is why I'm headed down the sound and appearance route. I completely understand the winter group hybernation period for social events. Besides, gives me time to work on her build so that I don't show up stock
Old 10-19-2015, 07:00 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh you guys, we organize stuff when there's enough of a want/need!

Welcome Charity, congrats on your purchase. It's a fun car to say the least, hope to see you on some drives!

Here's a link to our Facebook group as well. It's a closed group, but mostly used for drive info etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/oregons2ki/

-Ira
Old 10-20-2015, 09:41 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Ira organize something

We can host a tech day...
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tech day sounds good.. I have many, many tasks to complete.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:33 PM

Welcome
Old 10-20-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tech day!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:29 PM

Thanks, all! I'd love a tech day, too. I won't have much to do until after the holidays, but I've love to learn some of the basics and "supervise" breaks.

Quick Reply: Introduction