S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Can a tuner "read" a tune to see if it's good?

Old 12-16-2015, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Log the high side output that it uses. I cannot remember off the top of my head what number it is.
There is no specific VTEC selection, but I talked to AEM about it. They said something to the effect of when I pick one of the high side outputs, VTEC will be included in the log. They mentioned something about even though I select just one things for the high side, like throttle, about 6 different things will be recorded.They said if I click on any of the high side output selections, I'll see VTEC pop up as well, but, even when I select it, it doesn't specifically appear in the list.

Thanks again sohc_mshue

I'll try recording another log and see if I can get it to record. Any walk thru's though from anyone to explain how to specifically make sure VTEC gets recorded?
Old 12-16-2015, 12:45 PM

I looked up the diagram. It is wired to HS1. So all you need to do is log HS1 just like you would setup to log any other parameter.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
I looked up the diagram. It is wired to HS1. So all you need to do is log HS1 just like you would setup to log any other parameter.

Yeah, I saw it there also. If you click on it a pull down menu appears, you can see VTEC, but I can't seem to "select" it to save it to record. And, when I open up the log in AEMLog or AEMData I can't find the VTEC channel.

So, I just recorded the log to PC instead, and it's there. The link is below.

Now, just trying to figure out how to show a trace of the log with the channels of VTEC, load and rpm.

And most importantly, how to get it to show on a white background using AEMData. Geez, there comes a point where there are too many adjustments, you know?

I figured out how to make the background of the trace white, but now all the graph lines obscure everything. Freakin' frustrating!

Here's the link to the log below. Perhaps someone can walk me through it, or just make a graph of just one group of 1st, 2nd, 3rd WOT shifts with white background that I can see! LOL.

If you see some "jumps" in the data traces, that's probably wheelsman! With 470hp coming on tap at 6000rpm, it's hard to control. That's why I want to get show my mechanic, and get the VTEC engagement lowered.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0V...ew?usp=sharing