• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I bought a S2000 and got ripped off

#1 User is offline   LonS2k 

• View gallery
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

I recently bought a S2000 from someone in Los Angeles. The deal was for his car as is which included OEM HARD TOP, OEM HARD TOP STAND, VOLK RACING TE 37, KW V3 COILOVERS and GREDDY SPECTRUM ELITE EXHAUST.
Posted Image
This is the Craigslist AD that has since been removed by the seller.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I flew over to Los Angeles on 2/26/2016 and met the seller Allen/Bo Hong at the auto repair shop ( PARAGON AUTOMOTIVE in Monterey Park, CA ) where he worked as a manager I believe.

Posted Image
http://www.yelp.com/...monterey-park-2
http://www.paragonautomotives.com

He was very polite, courteous and seemed like a good guy. The guys at his shop lifted the car for me to inspect the under carriage, I test drove the car and everything was in line. Me living in New York I obviously had to transport the car back and Allen graciously offered to let me leave the car at his shop until the truck transport arrives, promising me that it will stay safe inside his shop for the duration of time until it gets picked up. We shook hands and I gave him a certified check for the car and flew back home to New York anxiously awaiting my car.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This was the last time i saw the car when I left it at his shop before I flew back home to New York.

Fast forward to today 3/15/2016 and i go meet the truck driver to pick up my car.
Posted Image
Missing:
OEM HARD TOP STAND
OEM GPW HARD TOP
KW V3 COIL OVERS

I can't reach him by phone but he replies to my email .. "we didn't sign any proof document on paper saying the car includes hardtop and suspension" and I get the car "as is" which seems to be a term he likes to hide behind now. He is correct, I did not have him sign any documentation stating the car includes the parts but I DID buy the car from him and left it in his possession with the hardtop and suspension intact. The parts were only removed after I had left, a basic BAIT & SWITCH. There was a Craigslist AD and has since been removed. Most of our conversations happened in person or on the phone. We spent 3 hours talking about the car at his shop and hanging out.. We even went to his house and picked up a spare set of mats he had for the car. Never did I expect to get scammed by this guy and trusted him; lesson learned, don't trust anyone!

Not sure how to proceed next and i live in New York.. I would at least like to spread the word on the West Coast that this guy is a Grade A SCUMBAG, running a business and ripping people off.

This post has been edited by LonS2k: 17 March 2016 - 01:50 PM

2002 NFR Black/Red SOLD
2008 GPW Black/Red SOLD
2011 Lexus IS-F Black/Black/Black SOLD
2008 GPW Black/Red RETURNED

#2 User is offline   Tdoolin18 

• Group: Guest

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

What a scumbag, sorry you have to deal with this. I apologize I dont really have any useful feedback, but I really hope this get resolved the right way.

Maybe post in one of the cali sub forums see if anyone knows the car or the guy and keep a look out for the parts for sale in the area, enlisting some help from the west coast guys may prove helpful.

If you have the pictures from when you bought it with some kind of time and date on them, you may be able to shove his as is wording back down his throat. Since that's "as the car was" when you agreed to purchase.

The car looks to be in great shape at least, what year and how many miles?

Good luck with everything.
Posted Image
2008 Berlina S2000
2004 Silverstone S2000 (RIP)
1994 Accord Daily
1997 240sx (SOLD)

#3 User is offline   LonS2k 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostTdoolin18, on 15 March 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

What a scumbag, sorry you have to deal with this. I apologize I dont really have any useful feedback, but I really hope this get resolved the right way.

Maybe post in one of the cali sub forums see if anyone knows the car or the guy and keep a look out for the parts for sale in the area, enlisting some help from the west coast guys may prove helpful.

If you have the pictures from when you bought it with some kind of time and date on them, you may be able to shove his as is wording back down his throat. Since that's "as the car was" when you agreed to purchase.

The car looks to be in great shape at least, what year and how many miles?

Good luck with everything.

I posted a link to the story over in the Cali forum.

Yes the car is in great shape. 2008 GPW, Black/Red Interior, 20k miles.

#4 User is offline   orangebarius 

• Group: Member

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

wow that's shitty. almost worth flying back over there and paying him a visit with a louisville slugger. :tipwink:

#5 User is offline   2ks2knyc 

• View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

What a scumbag for sure, Lon! It is unf@#king real for someone to take advantage like this but if one thing has tought me down here in FL... people will smile in your face and take advantage of you the second you turn around.

It's great to see you back and that you got pretty much got the same car you sold to me but it makes me furious to have this back story go with it. It really overshadows the joy of seeing you back but regardless, glad you are back, hommie.

This post has been edited by 2ks2knyc: 15 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

Active member and participant of the East Coast Adobo Power Movement.
NY to SoFlo, back and forth.
Recognize fool!

2000 Silverstone s2000 - SOLD
2008 GPW s2000 - Current

WTB AP2V3 OR CR WHEELS

#6 User is offline   Ricky_Flowers_ 

• View gallery
  • Group: Community Organizer

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Yo, if you want to buy me and yourself a ticket I'll go with you and we'll beat the shit outta this guy.
Posted Image
2002 Sebring Silver Metallic S2000 Dumb Build Thread Thing
Instagram: @not_ricky_flowers_
Eddie Wilson every time I post something: "lmao here we go *straps on internet safety hardhat*"

#7 User is offline   cleenyc99 

• View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

wow that's unreal I would go crazy. other then flying back and paying him a visit there's not much you can do. beautiful car btw

#8 User is offline   LonS2k 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

orangebarius, on 15 March 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

wow that's shitty. almost worth flying back over there and paying him a visit with a louisville slugger. :tipwink:

Hey Barry, that was the first thing to cross my mind!

#9 User is offline   LonS2k 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

cleenyc99, on 15 March 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

wow that's unreal I would go crazy. other then flying back and paying him a visit there's not much you can do. beautiful car btw

Yeah, I didn't document the sale well enough and now I'm paying for it. Lesson learned. Hopefully someone reads this and protects them self from possibly getting scammed too.

#10 User is offline   S2kMarkus 

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

dude thats shitty, but $33k for a s2000 is a stretch.... That would have been my first sign of something not right. You got ripped off in more than one way my man :(

#11 User is offline   LonS2k 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Ricky_Flowers_, on 15 March 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Yo, if you want to buy me and yourself a ticket I'll go with you and we'll beat the shit outta this guy.

lol I can probably fill the whole plane with people who will want to crush this guys skull in. thanks for the offer, you're on the list if we need you!

This post has been edited by LonS2k: 15 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

#12 User is offline   LonS2k 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:05 PM

S2kMarkus, on 15 March 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

dude thats shitty, but $33k for a s2000 is a stretch.... That would have been my first sign of something not right. You got ripped off in more than one way my man :(

Price is relative.

#13 User is online   Orjinal 

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:30 PM

I'm sorry to see this man. I wish you the best in resolving it.

ps. it seems he swapped the lug nuts as well.

#14 User is offline   LonS2k 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:40 PM

Orjinal, on 15 March 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

I'm sorry to see this man. I wish you the best in resolving it.

ps. it seems he swapped the lug nuts as well.

Yeah , I noticed that too.

Thanks man, I was actually eyeing your exhaust waiting to get this car and swap it out.

This post has been edited by LonS2k: 15 March 2016 - 04:40 PM

#15 User is online   NNY S2k 

• View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:16 PM

Wow, talk about a deal gone bad. Maybe you can see Judge Judy.
Levi
2002 Suzuka Blue: OEM Hardtop, OEM Front/Rear Spoilers, Black Chrome badges, Eibach Pro Kit, Enkei RPF1
Drives:
Mohawk Trail: April 2004, Green Mountain Tour: July 2004, Sept 2007, Lake George Vintage Gathering: Oct 2005, Spring Fling: Watkins Glen, NY: June 2006, Glens Falls, NY: May 2015, Vermont S2K Day: Sept 2006, Big Zip Drive: 2011, 2012, North Country Solidarity Drive: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, Fall Harvest, Clifton Park NY: Sept 2014
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Bryan Leung 

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

That f@#king blows, man. I know that exact location too because I think it's blocks down from where my grandma lives. It's a damn shame, the dealers these days... I can't believe he scammed so much off ya, and that hard top was so nice looking. You shouldn't let him get off that easily, especially when it's your hard earned money. Expect a compensation or something because that's what should be going your way. Anyway, good luck with the heavy situation and I hope it works in your favor! Get the bastard caught!

This post has been edited by Bryan Leung: 15 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

#17 User is offline   eight 

• Group: Guest New

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

I thought I'd post over here on this thread too.

I tried calling to see if Allen was in, doesn't look like they're letting me reach him. I even asked when he'll be in so I can try again but I can't get so much as a voicemail.

I pass by there all the time cuz I go to a restaurant near there. I'll make it a point to head in and see if I can spot a GPW hardtop or kw coils.

Good luck on your future endeavors with the whip, if the price reflected what you got then I'd say congrats, but given the situation... :angry2:

#18 User is offline   LonS2k 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

View PostBryan Leung, on 15 March 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

That f@#king blows, man. I know that exact location too because I think it's blocks down from where my grandma lives. It's a damn shame, the dealers these days... I can't believe he scammed so much off ya, and that hard top was so nice looking. You shouldn't let him get off that easily, especially when it's your hard earned money. Expect a compensation or something because that's what should be going your way. Anyway, good luck with the heavy situation and I hope it works in your favor! Get the bastard caught!

It was a private sale. He works at the auto shop where we met. I don't think there is much I can do, right now.

View Posteight, on 15 March 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

I thought I'd post over here on this thread too.

I tried calling to see if Allen was in, doesn't look like they're letting me reach him. I even asked when he'll be in so I can try again but I can't get so much as a voicemail.

I pass by there all the time cuz I go to a restaurant near there. I'll make it a point to head in and see if I can spot a GPW hardtop or kw coils.

Good luck on your future endeavors with the whip, if the price reflected what you got then I'd say congrats, but given the situation... :angry2:

Kool, thanks again.

#19 User is offline   jst2878 

• View gallery
  • Interests:Cars,snowboarding,mountainbiking,chllin with an ipad,all that other good stuff i dont feel like typing about

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

Id fly back there and see whats really good. Hardtop or hardknock
Put on two tube socks and you still couldn't walk in my shoes.

Do what you love...love what you do.Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

2005 AP2: Ohlins with swift springs13k/12k, CR options: shift knob,shift boot,center console,radio door,front spoiler. JPM armrest with CR stitching. Premium 4pc. Floormats Kenwood unit/hard wired Sirius, lightinSight, Alloycraft rear diffuser,cooling plate. Berk 63-70 test pipe, milltek dual exhaust, oem side strakes, oem cargo net,Ingalls Torque damper, Oem hardtop, Billman TCT, Endless brakelines, Gendron bar, F & R adj. endlinks,Urge AP BBK,Urge rear rotors carbotech AX6 pads,Re-71r,AEM V2,personal suede wheel, GT motoring f/r tow hooks,izze air pump delete,recaro SPG,WASP splitter/diffusers and brake duct. Ce28's, toda TB, nsxS horn, asm steering boss

#20 User is offline   DutchOven 

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

post his house address so you know, people can go say hi and make friends with him

#21 User is offline   Billman250 

• Mod/Sponsor

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:S2000 Service, Repair, modifications, GenX TCT with lifetime guarantee

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

You have dated pictures of said "AS IS" agreement. I'm sure you have dated pics in your phone. I'd legally hang his ass.

You paid for what you saw in Cali, and he stole parts from it. He is as guilty as a thief.

Sad to see s2ki as the new hangout for slimeball business ethic.

#22 User is online   Orjinal 

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

View Postgpwap204, on 15 March 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

heres 2 links i found that may help you.

1. http://www.s2ki.com/...s-san-diego-ca/

This link looks to be the same vehicle that you purchased, considering the same picture was used for the recent FS ad.

2. http://www.s2ki.com/...o-is-the-owner/

and luckily, someone took a screen shot of the original FS ad.

#23 User is offline   vasquezgno 

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:26 PM

Just post his info. This scumbag did this knowing you were from out of state.
Dragonball z vegeta's voice "Its over 9k"

Posted Image[/URL]

#24 User is offline   eight 

• Group: Guest New

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:28 PM

View PostDutchOven, on 15 March 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

post his house address so you know, people can go say hi and make friends with him

I wanna shake his hand :tipwink:

#25 User is offline   Billman250 

• Mod/Sponsor

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:S2000 Service, Repair, modifications, GenX TCT with lifetime guarantee

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

$33,000 WITH HARDTOP.

There it is in that 2nd link.

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users