UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New brake set up

Old 04-30-2016, 01:24 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by imc27
I have a question. Or rather, two questions.

On the Hendy site there is a disclaimer that the purchaser acknowledges that Project Mu parts are not for road use.

Why is this, and what happens if one has an accident with these fitted, and one's insurance company declines a claim because one is using parts which are expressly not for road use?
It probably refers to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECE_Regulation_90
Old 04-30-2016, 04:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by imc27' timestamp='1461956871' post='23952571
I have a question. Or rather, two questions.

On the Hendy site there is a disclaimer that the purchaser acknowledges that Project Mu parts are not for road use.

Why is this, and what happens if one has an accident with these fitted, and one's insurance company declines a claim because one is using parts which are expressly not for road use?
It probably refers to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECE_Regulation_90
Yes, I thought that it would relate to Type Approval/E-Marking. I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, but does anybody actually know what the insurance situation would be? Does using non Type Approved parts render your insurance void (or rather, voidable at the option of the insurers), particularly in the instance of brake parts?
Old 05-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Been using these for a bit now, all nicely bedded in. First impressions genuinely were 'holy shit!' The car pulls up much firmer and feels a lot stronger. Coupled with the braided hoses these have made a huge difference to the car and I'm really happy with them. Maybe a bit extreme buying the SCR pro front discs over the CRD single piece ones, but they really do look nice as well as performing excellently.

No brake squeal noises although the dust on the fronts seems quite excessive, this could be down to the bedding in but I'll keep an eye on it as I don't want to ruin the alloys I recently had refurbed!! May have to get some protectant on them if the dust levels don't go down - but then running with slotted discs there always was going to be more dust!

I would definitely recommend Project Mu brakes, they worked excellently on my Evo and am just as happy if not more so on the S2K.