UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

How to fit Modifry's "rev beeper" to a UK RHD S2K

Old 12-31-2004, 05:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How to fit Modifry's "rev beeper" to a UK RHD S2K

This is a great bit of kit to help avoid hitting the rev-limiter on upshifts (especially good for second and third gear), and allows you to still use all those rev's even when you have to keep your eyes glued to the road and you daren't look down at the tacho'. Much better than "changing up early to be safe" I've got mine set to start beeping every 200rpm from 8,500 with the final warning beep at 8,900 - perfect!

Trouble is, the on-line instructions are for USDM S2K's and they have a different wiring set-up. With a little on-line forum help from markiem8 and AusS2000 (thanks guys ) I made it through but I wish there had instructions like these to follow first off. So, in the unlikely event this may be of help or interest to anybody else in the UK, here goes:

Old 12-31-2004, 11:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice write up!
Old 01-01-2005, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Jan 1 2005, 08:38 AM
Nice write up!
As promised (or should that be as threatened?!). Thanks for your vote of approval BTW and I hope these details may save somebody else some time and frustration in the future (they would have saved me about 3 hours messing about!).
Old 01-04-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I missed your PM earlier, I've been a bit busy over the holidays. And I apololgize for not including instructions in the package but the manual would be more to ship than the device. I guess I should at least include a note giving my web site info so customers can find the instructions on the Internet.

I'm very glad to see you got the unit working and even more happy to see you posted a nice write-up for the installation in UK vehicles. Good job! Do you mind if I steal your photos and add them to my web site instructions? That way if this site is down or the photos get lost I'll have a permanent copy on my site for other UK owners to refer to.

Bob

PS - thanks guys (markiem8 and AusS2000) for helping out in my absence. Just for that, I've got some good news for AusS2000!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmmm, let me guess. A Mr. Fusion power unit?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by modifry,Jan 4 2005, 11:42 PM
Sorry I missed your PM earlier, I've been a bit busy over the holidays. And I apololgize for not including instructions in the package but the manual would be more to ship than the device. I guess I should at least include a note giving my web site info so customers can find the instructions on the Internet.

I'm very glad to see you got the unit working and even more happy to see you posted a nice write-up for the installation in UK vehicles. Good job! Do you mind if I steal your photos and add them to my web site instructions? That way if this site is down or the photos get lost I'll have a permanent copy on my site for other UK owners to refer to.

Bob

PS - thanks guys (markiem8 and AusS2000) for helping out in my absence. Just for that, I've got some good news for AusS2000!
Hi Bob, yes please go ahead and use my photo's (that's why I took them!).

No worries about the lack of UK instructions, I guess we are not a big market for you and I understand this. What surprised me was how different the UK and US wiring connectors are (like AusS2000 said its probably down to the cruise control fitment that we don't have in the UK).

Great piece of kit though and I'm pleased with it.

Regards,

Mike.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are a life saver, thanks.

I found it very hard to get access to the back of teh ECU, I ended up taking the roof down and putting my feet up the back of the chair and sliding under the footwell upside down!

Needles sto say it started to rain while upside down.

In the end I unplugged the lowedst of the connectors so I could get to teh wires more easily.

The beeper supplied is seriously loud, I may have to replace it!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must get this done on mine - duly bookmarked!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by wingnutLP,May 10 2007, 02:05 PM
I found it very hard to get access to the back of teh ECU, I ended up taking the roof down and putting my feet up the back of the chair and sliding under the footwell upside down!

I do that - there was some point in watching 'Mork & Mindy' back in the 70s!

Apart from understanding the final lyrics of 'Night Prowler' by AC/DC, that is.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wingnutLP,May 10 2007, 02:05 PM
The beeper supplied is seriously loud, I may have to replace it!
It's not the bleeper that needs replacing its Exhaust and CAI!

Quick Reply: How to fit Modifry's "rev beeper" to a UK RHD S2K