S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

REVIEW: J's Racing 60RS Titanium Exhaust

Old 03-04-2005, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVIEW: J's Racing 60RS Titanium Exhaust

I've been testing the new J's Racing 60RS for A&J the last couple of days, and here's a brief summary on my limited experience with the exhaust.

Construction:
Full titanium 60mm resonated cat-back, with a layout that is as straight as possible. The welds are fairly tight and uniform, and overall quality is very good. The entire exhaust weighed in at 7.9lbs., similar to the Amuse R1 without resonator. The tip changes color when viewed from different angles, and comes with the cute J's logo that used to be exclusive to the 70RR.

Sound:
This exhaust is surprisingly quiet. I think everyone was shocked when the car first fired up after the install. It was practically silent, with very little drone, if any; something I never thought I'd say about an aftermarket exhaust for the S2000. It reminds me of the Mugen exhaust I had at one point, which I abosolutely loved for its sound. I'm no expert in exhaust design, so don't ask me how they made it possible. All I noticed was that the resonator and muffler are both long but small in diamter. After driving the car some more, I've come to the conclusion that this exhaust is by no means quiet. The lack of interior drone is what led me into thinking that this is a very quiet exhaust, but it actually makes a decent amount of noise outside of the car when you open up the throttle.

Performance:
I spent quite some time testing out the T1R Titan before installing the 60RS, and honestly, I cannot feel much of a difference from the switch, since the T1R was already an excellent performer. I'll do some dyno comparisons in the near future.

I do have one slight problem with the fitment, however. The exhaust is ocassionally hitting my Spoon rear cross brace, but it's most likely due to a bent brace from serious pot-hole damage back in January.

When the weather clears up, I'll make a few videos, and update this thread with some better pics as well.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:36 AM

great write up! however, i really hate that tip cause it's bent down!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 AM

Great review! Cant wait for the vid clips
Old 03-04-2005, 07:29 AM

Can you compare it to your old Amuse dual?

I have been thinking of swapping for a single as of late.

Also, what's the diff between the 60RS and the 70RR?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=WayneTeK,Mar 4 2005, 05:36 AM] great write up!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:05 AM

I personally love the tip bent down like that.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by JL9000,Mar 4 2005, 02:37 AM
I've been testing the new J's Racing 60RS for A&J the last couple of days, and here's a brief summary on my limited experience with the exhaust.

Construction:
Full titanium 60mm resonated cat-back, with a layout that is as straight as possible. The welds are fairly tight and uniform, and overall quality is very good. The entire exhaust weighed in at 7.9lbs., similar to the Amuse R1 without resonator. The tip changes color when viewed from different angles, and comes with the cute J's logo that used to be exclusive to the 70RR.

Sound:
This exhaust is surprisingly quiet. I think everyone was shocked when the car first fired up after the install. It was practically silent, with very little drone, if any; something I never thought I'd say about an aftermarket exhaust for the S2000. It reminds me of the Mugen exhaust I had at one point, which I abosolutely loved for its sound. I'm no expert in exhaust design, so don't ask me how they made it possible. All I noticed was that the resonator and muffler are both long but small in diamter.

Performance:
I spent quite some time testing out the T1R Titan before installing the RS, and honestly, I cannot feel much of a difference from switching to the 60RS, since the T1R was already an excellent performer. I'll do some dyno comparisons in the near future.

I do have one slight problem with the fitment, however. The exhaust is ocassionally hitting my Spoon rear cross brace, but it's most likely due to a bent brace from serious pot-hole damage back in January.

When the weather clears up, I'll make a few videos, and update this thread with some better pics as well.

Nice write up
Old 03-04-2005, 10:24 AM

Little or no drone AND titanium? I think we have a winner! Please make us videos asap .
Old 03-04-2005, 11:02 AM

Nice! How much was that thing if you don't mind me asking? I've got the T1R, which I have been pretty happy with (although I still miss duals with my MY04 rear end). Is it quieter than the T1R?
Love the color.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=PilotKD,Mar 4 2005, 01:02 PM] Nice!

Quick Reply: REVIEW: J's Racing 60RS Titanium Exhaust