• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

S2000 vs. WRX?

#1 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter
  • Group: Guest

Posted 20 April 2002 - 04:40 PM

Hi ... for those who don't know me I'm Richard, Tom's ( silver S2000 ) brother who drives the red WRX. :D Anyone around the Atlanta area have a FI S2000 either supercharged or turbocharged? Would you be willing to do some quick runs against me? :) I'm the other Asian guy who you guys saw at the AutoX a few months back w/ the roof rack. ;)

#2 User is offline   850 

• Interests:Anything on wheel, Cars, motorcycles, Art, Computers, and sleep

Posted 20 April 2002 - 07:52 PM

Hey, Rich
Pretty soon you'll have the chance! Tim have two MG supercharger coming (?? some where shipped to the wrong adress in VA?) I think one of the local S2000 member will be the guinea pig. Exact date when the supercharger will be here or install is stil up in the air, but soon you will have a chace to test it out.
2003 Silver Odyssey
2002 Sebring Silver/Black S2000 (Traded)
2001 Spa Yellow/Black S2000 #000362 (Dead)
1991 White/Blue CRX HF #011185 (Smashed by a Daewoo!)
1990 Blue Ford E-250 Econoline Fullsize Van (Sold for cash)
1987 (White/Red) Yamaha YSR (With old 84' Honda CR125 motor in it, It's 4 sale!)
[B]1974 Yellow Porsche 914
(covered with red paint??) My only toy now.

#3 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 21 April 2002 - 12:03 AM

Haha ... it's all good ... I'm thinking someone in VA is liking a free new SC. :D Always you guys/gals can give me a ring if you want a friendly race.

#4 User is offline   850 

Posted 21 April 2002 - 02:19 PM

:D Sir Tom,
When did you have "Force Induction" (FI)? Or is it just all of the S2000 have "Fuel Injection"(FI)??:D :p
Did you get new rear tires yet??

#5 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 21 April 2002 - 03:30 PM

You talking smack about my roof rack ... I got it dynoed and the roof rack gave me 50whp due to better air flow ;). Which FI type do your have?

#6 User is offline   SilverStreak 

• Group: Banned
  • Interests:Fast cars and faster women

Posted 21 April 2002 - 10:43 PM

Kindof confused on this one. Is your WRX modded? I mean we all know a stock S beats a stock WRX any day... what up?
Best Regards,
-Keith Sistrunk (2001, Silver/Black #4425, Mfg. 02/01 & Del. 03/01) S2KI #1418
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mods List

Got the current version of Winamp or RealPlayer, and a fast connection?
Click HERE to hear current BallerTunes...
(Link upda

#7 User is offline   tims2k 

• Interests:ebay, mod and design, anything to keep me busy throughout the day

Posted 21 April 2002 - 11:59 PM

:D one day when it arrives
Tim Ham

#8 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 06:36 AM

Haha ... sorry Tom I didn't know it was you. It totally flew out of my head. Actually my average is 0-60 @ 4.8sec w/ "best" time at 4.66sec. I wish I could get a 0-60 @ 4.5sec w/out a EMS. To clarify things ... a stock S2000 will "NOT" beat a stock WRX in a launch 0-70mph and will maybe catch up to it 0-100 at 100+mph. However a stock S2000 will "WALK" away from a stock WRX on any type of roll. With only $1500+/- in mods a WRX will walk away at a "FAST" pace on a S2000. I'm sure even if the S2000 got $1500 +/- in mods the WRX would still walk away. The S2000 seems to be so highly tunned that the rea power gains are just $$$$. :D Tom ( NOT my brother ) and I raced each other at 3 lights and I had an extra passenger. Tom did very well in his launches for a S2000 ;) but we know the outcomes. Tom any time you wanna go again 1 on 1 I got game. This time I'll launch at 5K just to make sure ... bogging blows. Getting thrown back into my seat is so much fun.

#9 User is offline   850 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 07:27 AM

Yeah, Those Subies are fast little cars! Especially with new chips and a bigger turbo. I wonder when the STI will be out?? May be I'll get that instead of the Honda Pilot?

#10 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 08:19 AM

I'm also waiting for the STI ... I want it in either red or white and Tom wants a blue one. We can then do mods together. EMS ( chips ) are definitely a good power mod however not too useful if not tunned correctly or if you don't have any aftermarket mods. I'm NOT getting a new turbo, IC, injectors, etc until I see what the STI will offer. :D

#11 User is offline   SilverStreak 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:01 AM

Originally posted by chuglobal
To clarify things ... a stock S2000 will "NOT" beat a stock WRX in a launch 0-70mph and will maybe catch up to it 0-100 at 100+mph...

OK, Don't let those wacky Subaru sales people fool ya. Just to clarify, by the books and by the numbers:

Stock Subaru WRX: 0-60 = 5.62
Stock '01 Honda S2000: 0-60 = 5.2

Sourced Motor Trend/Car and Driver, neither of which are affiliated with Honda. ;)

Driven by the pros, a stock S will woof on a WRX rain or shine. But don't ask me, I don't DRAG race my car. ;)

If you are going to say that the S2000 is going to get beat by a vehicle that looks like the bastard offspring of a Land Rover humping a Geo Metro... better get your numbers straight. :D:D

Peace and Chicken Grease.

#12 User is offline   tims2k 

• Interests:ebay, mod and design, anything to keep me busy throughout the day

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:06 AM

Originally posted by SilverStreak

OK, Don't let those wacky Subaru sales people fool ya. Just to clarify, by the books and by the numbers:
<b>
Stock Subaru WRX: 0-60 = 5.62
Stock '01 Honda S2000: 0-60 = 5.2

Sourced Motor Trend/Car and Driver, neither of which are affiliated with Honda. ;)

Driven by the pros, a stock S will woof on a WRX rain or shine. But don't ask me, I don't DRAG race my car. ;)

If you are going to say that the S2000 is going to get beat by a vehicle that looks like the bastard offspring of a Land Rover humping a Geo Metro... better get your numbers straight. :D:D

Peace and Chicken Grease. </b>

I think the guy was brain washed, but anyway stock vs. stock the S eats its lunch anyday.

#13 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:09 AM

It's funny how you do alot of talking and no walking. I have yet seen an S2000 do 0-60 in 5.2sec while I see WRXs doing 5.6sec easily. I have yet to lose to an S2000 when I was stock and of course even now. Paper is paper ... lets see what you can do. ;) Yes the driver makes a huge difference in the car. You keep referring to paper ... I really don't care ... my times are done in the "REAL" world w/ "REAL" calculations. You seem to be pretty unrelinting about your views ... I guess you haven't got smack buy a car that costs $15K walkout LESS that you. ;)

#14 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:11 AM

Launch 0-60 NO way ... however anything else DEFINITELY. :D The WRX has the launch but the S2000 has power on a roll.

#15 User is offline   bryons2000 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chuglobal
[B]Haha ... sorry Tom I didn't know it was you. It totally flew out of my head. Actually my average is 0-60 @ 4.8sec w/ "best" time at 4.66sec. I wish I could get a 0-60 @ 4.5sec w/out a EMS. To clarify things ... a stock S2000 will "NOT" beat a stock WRX in a launch 0-70mph and will maybe catch up to it 0-100 at 100+mph. However a stock S2000 will "WALK" away from a stock WRX on any type of roll. With only $1500+/- in mods a WRX will walk away at a
'99 BMW M Coupe<---Weapon of choice
Just sold: 00 blk/red s2k

#16 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:15 AM

Actually if you really wanna test your theory ... I can setup a race w/ a stock WRX 0-60 against your stock S2000. If you live in Dunwoody I'll set something up. Race specifications: full tank of gas, spare tire, tools, jacks, cds, paperwork, etc so basically a daily driver. :D

#17 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:17 AM

I agree ... the driver makes a huge difference. Assuming we are all running NO juice. Anyone can put in 100 shots. :) The S2000 usually starts pulling on a stock WRX at 60mph. I know, I've been there.

#18 User is offline   bryons2000 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:18 AM

I will take that challenge if you find a WRX in the Portland area. I can launch like a MOFO! :D :D :D j/k

#19 User is offline   SilverStreak 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:21 AM

It's funny how you yadda yadda brainwashed beep beep honk honk whee!...

Yawn.:rolleyes: See that's the wonderful thing about not being a teenager any more... I don't have to accept a challenge from every Volkswagen, Geo, Civic, Hyundai or WRX driver that wants some. The numbers stand, and as pointed out above for $600 the S2000 will spank you AND your mods at present. I have no burning desire to smoke clutch just to embarass you kids. However there are plenty of other drivers in the club who get off on that kind of thing, I'm sure they would be glad to help you out.;) Given our new policy on ratting out other drivers, I can't offer you any names. But you'll find them, or they will find you.:cool:

Don't get pissy Grasshoppah, it's all good clean fun.:p

#20 User is offline   bryons2000 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:21 AM

All I know is the last WRX I lined up with took me off the line, but I had my rear bumper at his front bumper before redline in second gear. Maybe the WRX driver didn't shift properly...its hard to speculate, as we didn't pull over to chat afterwards (he was a punk kid...He flipped me off after I had several cars on him in fourth).
And yes, anyone can put on a 100 shot, but not everyone has the balls to actually do it. :D

#21 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:22 AM

Haha ... I'd think that's cool, I wish I could see a local S2000 do 0-60 @ 5.2sec+/-.

#22 User is offline   S2KTroup 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:24 AM

Im curious as too what this thread is about and why it hasnt been kicked to anywhere else but here. HE asked we said no. that should be the end of it. We dont need this kind of bickering in the local fourm. Im going too 2000-atlanta.com where its safe from trolls.

Was that plug for the site shameless enough.

S2000 is faster 60'
S2000 is faster overall, is a convertable, looks better. thats enough for me.

Now you bring an EVO and I will get excited.

Damn see how I got sucked in.
2001 Silver/Red
Mods
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   chuglobal 

• Topic Starter

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:28 AM

Yeah it's all fun and games w/ me. I don't care if I beat or get beat. It's just nice to gauge myself. 100 shots of NO2 is right from the above statement. ;) The S2000 definitely looks nice, too small, and not practice. If I ever decided to get a roadster I go w/ a S2000. AWD was definietly fun in the ice and snow a few months ago. I'm not a teenager but I like to have fun when I'm not at work. Toys are fun.

#24 User is offline   SilverStreak 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:30 AM

Yeah it's all fun and games w/ me. I don't care if I beat or get beat. It's just nice to gauge myself. 100 shots of NO2 is right from the above statement. ;) The S2000 definitely looks nice, too small, and not practice. If I ever decided to get a roadster I go w/ a S2000. AWD was definietly fun in the ice and snow a few months ago. I'm not a teenager but I like to have fun when I'm not at work. Toys are fun.

That's a very respectable stance. :)

#25 User is offline   S2KTroup 

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:32 AM

agreed

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users