R200 diff? who makes the swap kit
Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:35 PM
Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:32 PM
Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:36 PM
Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:40 PM
Nissan Differential information
I used to own several z's. My '81 2+2 had a r200 with 3.91 rear gears. The turbo 280's had much lower gear ratios.
This post has been edited by esmith51: 19 November 2008 - 07:55 PM
Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:19 PM
Get a Puddymod diff instead.
A stock R200 is a viscous unit. Our OEM Torsen is a better LSD.
You can get a clutch-type in either the Nissan or Honda differential.
Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:00 PM
The r200 was used in MANY Nissan products. The older 260z and earlier used the R180 which is smaller than the r200 and is actually used in 04-07 Subaru STI's and not nearly as sought after as the r200. The r200 began being used in the 280zx, however they used VERY different pinion lengths etc and therefore are not swappable with the z32/s13/s14/s15 diffs.
The r200 differentials that S2K guys should be interested in came out of S-chassis cars (which are IDENTICAL to the infiniti j30 and N/A z32 in terms of pinion lengths and swapability)(sp?). So heres a quick break down of what comes in which chassis:
1. usdm/jdm s13/s14 - r200 (most are open differentials, 4.083 final drive)
2. usdm/jdm s13/s14 vlsd r200 (obviously the viscous type variant of the above, same mounting points and completely swappable...4.083).
3. Infiniti j30 - All came with VLSD r200 with 3.9 final drive ratio, interchangable with s13/s14 r200 housings.
4. usdm/jdm z32 n/a - all had VLSD 4.083 final drive r200, same as vlsd in s13/s14 vlsd's.
5. Nissan motorsports USED (dont know if they still do) make Ring and Pinion sets for the r200 which included 4.36 final drive changes...gotta google that one seeing as the gearing would be better for s2k guys.