UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS & GB Shin Etsu Grease

Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down FS & GB Shin Etsu Grease

Hi All

I bought some S2000 parts via a mate overseas recently and invested in some Shin Etsu grease for myself.

To make up the shipping weight I got 6 extra 100g tubes.

However, by the time I've paid for shipping, HMRC has walloped me for Excise Duty, and the Post Office has charged me for collecting the Excise Duty, they did not work out all that cheap!

Anyhow, for those who might want some (I've seen the earlier comments on "comparable" silicone grease ) I have these 6 tubes for sale cheaper than alternative UK sources.

Obviously if you want to use plumbers grease, vaseline, silicone spray or the other cheap alternatives then don't bother reading this thread !

I've tested the grease out on my soft top seals and they have plumped up like Lesley Ash's lips :suprised: . I know that I didn't get this effect with the stuff I was using before.

Including postage & packing, I am offering a 100 gram tube for £18.00. Please PM me for payment details if you are interested. I appreciate that this is way more than the Honda dealers were selling it for but I guess they brought in a container load at a time. Given that Honda have discontinued the grease in the UK we don't have much choice.

If there's enough interest, and now that I know how much it will cost to get the stuff to the UK, I will be happy to put together a Group Buy (also at this price) if we have a least 15-20 other members who would like to grease up with the real McCoy. Any less than this and the carriage costs per tube will get too expensive, sorry.

NB: The picture of the tube below is not full size! The tube is actually about 17cm from top to bottom, roughly the size of a regular toothpaste tube. As you only need to use a small amount I reckon that one tube might even outlive the life of the car. Shelf life is not an issue with this kind of product.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For general knowledge, if Honda have stopped supplying Shin Etsu grease for definite, it is still available from Chiltern Connections near Wallingford, Oxfordshire. See http://www.chilternconnections.co.uk/ShopSE01.html

Probably easier to sort a bulk buy with them rather than importing from overseas. I wonder if somewhere like Garage R may hold stock too?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:39 AM

Spoke to Honda yesterday and they no longer sell this product so get some whilst you can
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The same 100 gram tube from Chiltern Connections costs £24 inc VAT & p+p, I doubt that they would be prepared to drop the price by £6.

But you never know!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:54 AM

We supply this item in two forms - a 30g syringe and a 100g tube these are priced at £9.99 and £19.99 plus VAT, then again even that's £11.75 plus shipping.

30g Syringe would be enough for a lifetime though ??
Old 12-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by simonprelude,Dec 30 2009, 01:54 PM
30g Syringe would be enough for a lifetime though ??
How frequently do you need to use this stuff & how much do you or should you use?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 AM

Sent a pm
Old 12-30-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by blue monster,Dec 30 2009, 06:27 AM
How frequently do you need to use this stuff & how much do you or should you use?
A little grease goes a long way on the seals, too much and dust/grit sticks to the excess. Even a 30g syringe will last for many applications.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we please keep this on topic.
It is a FS GB on the Honda grease not a discussion on where else to get it and how much is needed.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey k,Dec 31 2009, 11:09 AM
Can we please keep this on topic.
It is a FS GB on the Honda grease not a discussion on where else to get it and how much is needed.
Sorry and point taken.
Free bump to the poster, and thread tidied.

Quick Reply: FS & GB Shin Etsu Grease