S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

stoptech pads

Old 07-20-2010, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker,Jul 15 2010, 01:08 AM
i dont like these pads. from what i hear they are supposed to be axxis ultimate replacements but dont bite nearly as hard and fade faster to me. they do dust a lot less but i could care less about that, all i need is a street pad that stops. i fade them doing canyon runs.
I actually just ordered a set of these stoptech's this morning because the shop told me these are replacing the Axxis ultimates (which i loved, for the price).

If the stoptech's don't bite nearly as hard as the ultimates I'm going to be really saddened
Old 07-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm really interested in these Stoptech pads. Mainly because I'll probably be picking up Stoptech rotors and lines, and I'm a big fan of keeping things uniform.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

I just installed the pads along with new rotors on the front. Be very careful driving on them before bedding them in. They have MINIMAL stopping power. I did one cycle of 10 decelerations from 60mph-5mph and that made the pads normal. I have a couple more days of street driving and the initial bite is getting stronger.

So far, I like them for a street pad. I'd say the initial bite is a tad stronger now than the stock AP2 Honda pads. We'll see how they continue to develop. StopTech recommends 2 of the bedding cycles to really bed them in.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by spdracerut,Jul 20 2010, 03:22 PM
I just installed the pads along with new rotors on the front. Be very careful driving on them before bedding them in. They have MINIMAL stopping power. I did one cycle of 10 decelerations from 60mph-5mph and that made the pads normal. I have a couple more days of street driving and the initial bite is getting stronger.

So far, I like them for a street pad. I'd say the initial bite is a tad stronger now than the stock AP2 Honda pads. We'll see how they continue to develop. StopTech recommends 2 of the bedding cycles to really bed them in.
How are they with dusting?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by FISH22,Jul 22 2010, 07:51 PM
How are they with dusting?
Don't know, don't really care. My wheels were already coated in the OEM brake dust when I installed these. I did just wash my car tonight though... guess we'll find out.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 PM

Ok, keep us posted. Haven't heard any reviews of how much the Stoptechs dust. As long as they're not as bad as the OEM AP2s, I'd be happy.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by FISH22,Jul 22 2010, 10:51 PM
Ok, keep us posted. Haven't heard any reviews of how much the Stoptechs dust. As long as they're not as bad as the OEM AP2s, I'd be happy.
I actually just installed these pads yesterday on my otherwise stock brake setup.

I did the recommended break-in procedure....Then an hour later, I went down a couple canyon roads that let you build up a good amount of speed (to heat them up and cool them down even further).

The initial bite is definitely a more responsive than stock pads (despite whether they're cold or hot). But when they were hot i got a chance to really stand on them at the end of a straight-away. They really do bite hard. Albeit, i wouldn't call it full-on race-pad bite, but they're definitely up to snuff. (no squealing so far)

The pads that i took off were Axxis Ultimates. Let's just say that with the amount of braking i did today, the Ultimates would have produced at least twice as much brake dust. These SEEM to truly dust a lot less.

I'm heading off to The Streets of Willlow this upcoming saturday, so I'll let you guys know how they hold up in a racing environment the following day.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM

I've got the street performance stoptech pads (paired with Stoptech calipers, lines, & rotors) on my car. They held up at Monticello, Thunderbolt, and Lightning rather well (all on the same set of pads). I think I've got more than 50% of pad life left. I'd say less dust than OEM AP2, no noise whatsoever, and great wear. I haven't experienced much fade, but the initial bite and overall stopping is a little lacking compared to race pads. I've been recommended the full race pads by stoptech, but haven't gotten a chance to try them out yet.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:22 PM

So i did Streets of Willow over the weekend. I had more consistant and accurate braking than 2 guys with carbotech x10 and 12's. These pads never once faded on me.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 AM

finally I got installed those pads, and I could test them at Nurburgring for 4 laps and at Hockenheim for a 30 mins session (without cooling down, there was too much traffic in the circuit to do it safely!!!)....I m really impressed!I have to say that just before installing them I ve resurfaced the front discs, so that surely helped the pads to work properly.But coming from the ferodo ds2500, I would say that the stoptech pads were at least the same, most probably something better.At nurburgring I couldn t stress them very very much, because is 20km circuit so without knowing all the turns I couldn t make many "at limit" stops, but I have never felt they fail the stop or made it longer, maybe only once but because I stopped just after a bump so the car mayght has been overweight coming down from the "jump".
At hockenheim (F1 circuit) during all the 30 mins of session the braking was good, I think at the end of the session the pads could have lost about 10-15% of the breaking power but still very very good!!!!
And the good thing is that they are absolutely good even in the normal dayly driving.....and considering the price, for me these pads are absolutely recommended for someone like me use the car 95% on street driving with some monthly visit to the montains roads and once - twice a year go to the track!!!

Quick Reply: stoptech pads