• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Worst Mod You Ever Bought? Give Us A Heads Up So We Don't Waste Money!

#26 User is offline   suzuka-blue-s2k 

• Group: Guest

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

s2cho, on 11 August 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

I'll start, my worst mod that I have bought my s2000 is my tein springs. The springs are suppose to drop around 1.5 inches but it doesn't even look like a inch. The height looks stock. But the ride quality is sub par to stock. So its not too bad. Total cost was around 280 with install. So my advice is don't get tein springs. But if your getting springs I recommend sunk2.

Whats your mod that you most regret buying? Give heads up to other s2k owners!!! :tipwink:

Did you preload the suspension when installing them?

So far my worse mod was an Ebay catback exhaust. I tried it out when I got my S because nobody had a review yet, and that was a mistake. It hung crooked, had crappy looking welds, and the drone was horrible and gave me a headache after 10 minutes on the highway. It was so nice going back to the stock exhaust. Also it said it was a 2.5" (63mm) and I measured it and it was only 60mm, so that sucked too.

#27 User is offline   MBHs2k 

• Group: Member

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

bumhunta, on 12 August 2011 - 04:16 AM, said:

MBHs2k, on 12 August 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

hmmm my worst mod was probably my gold RPF1's/ Made me realize that those rims are plain ugly and played out. Got my se37ks and couldn't be more satisfied.

how come you still have them as your avatar then haha :tipwink:

Good point lol i just havent made a new avatar with my current set up and the picture now isnt too bad :p
2004 Sebring Silver S2000: Comptech Supercharged. Rebuilt Head with Supertech Valves and ARP Head Studs. Ballade Baffled Oil Pan. Greddy TIC. Invidia Test Pipe CEL Fix. Tial Q BOV. Volk SE37k 18*8.5+30. GT Spec Front Strut Bar. Skunk 2 Coilovers. Mugen Hard Top. JDP Engineering Spoiler. Forcewekz ASM Front Bumper W/ Lip.

1999 Crystal Metallic Blue Prelude SH: Magnaflow Exhaust

Posted Image

#28 User is offline   ms32s2k 

• Interests:Does it go fast?

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

I learned my lesson from other cars that I have owned in the past.

I swapped Integra engines into Civics, installed aftermarket fuel pumps, 8" tachs, wheels, GSR seats, etc, ITR cams

It was all a giant waste of money and time, lesson learned. I never had a mod that I was thrilled with a year later, something always breaks or annoys the hell out of me.

No more mods for me unless it is very minor like a head unit or a shift knobs.

My Ap1 is 100% stock and will stay that way for the most part. Only thing that will be changed is the tires to star specs.
New - 2008 335i

Past love - 02' Sebring S2K. I will be back.. muahaaahaa muhaaahhhaaaaa

#29 User is offline   JackS 

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

Eye lashs for my eyelids and red dayglow painted wheels. Made my car look like a whore.
Kidding of course and besides I would never be able to sell a car that looked like this. I'd be arrested for pimping. :eek1:

#30 User is offline   s2cho 

• Topic Starter

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

suzuka-blue-s2k, on 12 August 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

s2cho, on 11 August 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

I'll start, my worst mod that I have bought my s2000 is my tein springs. The springs are suppose to drop around 1.5 inches but it doesn't even look like a inch. The height looks stock. But the ride quality is sub par to stock. So its not too bad. Total cost was around 280 with install. So my advice is don't get tein springs. But if your getting springs I recommend sunk2.

Whats your mod that you most regret buying? Give heads up to other s2k owners!!! :tipwink:

Did you preload the suspension when installing them?

So far my worse mod was an Ebay catback exhaust. I tried it out when I got my S because nobody had a review yet, and that was a mistake. It hung crooked, had crappy looking welds, and the drone was horrible and gave me a headache after 10 minutes on the highway. It was so nice going back to the stock exhaust. Also it said it was a 2.5" (63mm) and I measured it and it was only 60mm, so that sucked too.

yep, preloaded and then put the top back on. to me it didnt drop that much at all. springs=waste, going coils in a bit!

#31 User is offline   toniotran 

• Group: Guest New

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

worst mod here probably had to be the invidia n1 single :crazy:

#32 User is offline   Moddiction 

• View gallery
  • Group: Vendor - Starter Primary

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

My old Spugen dual exhaust. Drone and rasp were horrible with a test pipe!
Also some ebay hood dampers. Complete crap. Raised the hood a little more than half the stock height lol.
Posted Image[/url]

#33 User is offline   importkid 

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Megan exhaust. I picked it up dirt cheap used just for fun though. Went back to my spoon single less than 24 hours later. That exhaust is pure bliss. Now on a Berk 3 inch and haven't looked back but the Spoon isn't getting sold.

Other crappy mod was a axial flow short shifter. OEM with a voodoo knob is the best combo I've ever tried.
David

#34 User is offline   Wiggum 

• View gallery

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

UC Gordon, on 12 August 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

Sometimes I regret all of them, lol, the S2000 stock is a great car, with nothing to worry about.

For example:
-I have purchased 5 exhausts, currently using 70mm ASM Single and thinking about going back to stock, there is no such thing as an aftermarket exhaust with no

Fujitsubo!

#35 User is online   poorshoeless 

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

KoketsuCivicSi, on 12 August 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

Tein hood dampers.

It was on my S for about 15 minutes, end up giving it away.

#36 User is offline   UC Gordon 

• View gallery

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

Wiggum, on 12 August 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Sometimes I regret all of them, lol, the S2000 stock is a great car, with nothing to worry about.

For example:
-I have purchased 5 exhausts, currently using 70mm ASM Single and thinking about going back to stock, there is no such thing as an aftermarket exhaust with no

Fujitsubo!

I wont believe it until I hear it :LOL: Everyone said that the 70mm ASM had no drone.......

#37 User is offline   InTheZone 

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

dc2-2-ap1, on 12 August 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

rev hard turbo kit and mishimoto radiator. I have had to replace everything on the kit minus the intercooler piping (which I had to modify to fit) and the intercooler. everything else was crap to begin with and was replaced or broke and was replaced with something better. and the mishimoto because it is just plain crap (they have amazing customer service though- as much as i do not like their quality I have nothing but good things to say about the companies customer service policies) my first one blew three holes in various welds across the radiator, my second one came with defective radiator cap and smells of coolant constantly (no leaks for a year and a half) but everytime I drive it smells like coolant (I think it is the nipple thing for the overflow tank)

Tein hood dampers.

I love my tein hood dampers

well hopefully I don't run into the same problems as I have a mishimoto radiator for the civic and s2000. So far I love everything they sell from thermostats, fan switches, radiators, and hoses. And a leaky overflow tank nipple has nothing to do with the radiator. Air in the system would cause it to build up and leak out, but that's pretty much it.

This post has been edited by InTheZone: 13 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

#38 User is offline   TougeS2k 

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

Wow good stuff... I regreted puting 18'' wheels on my first s2k, ate up mpg bad (no biggy) but also sucked up soo much tq from the little f20. 17'' is just right. I also regret puting tein H techs on my last s2k, although i loved them for their huge drop and comfy ride, i feel like i ruined the natural geometry of the oem susp, would def do coil overs next time. As for other cars the list is too long but a few would be no "generic" or ebay parts period... Weapon R intake on my Acura CL-S sounded like a 260hp Orek vacume cleaner. Some others would be doing a custom exhaust on my nissan sentra SER Spec V. Never heard anything so ricy in my life, eventually switched to a Nismo, way better.

This post has been edited by TougeS2k: 13 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image
2003 50th Z06 corvette:
Bridgestone re760 sports, Mobile 1 syn @ 30k, Redline ATF @ 31k, Redline diff @ 32k, Volant cold air intake, Skip shift mod, CLB installed, Taylor 10.4mm race wires, NGK iridium plugs, new GM valve springs.
-SOLD:94 sc300 (5spd), 05 WRX, 02 Sentra Spec V, 06 Mazdaspeed 6, 01 s2000, 02 Acura CL, 00 s2000, CURRENT:03 z06 corvette-

#39 User is offline   steven975 

• View gallery

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

Invidia exhaust. Sounded great when you stomped on it, but droned LOUD at all other times.

I'm happy it got destroyed when I was rear-ended in my old S, and got a "refund" for it to get something else.
Posted Image
PM me for top pieces!

#40 User is offline   FluKy15 

• Group: Community Organizer
  • Interests:Racing, cars, psychology, philosophy,

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

I regret my shift knob, wont say which one. Also regret my AEM v2 intake. Had to cut that hole, and when I do brake ducting it will be in the way. The hole wasnt a big factor for me, but not being able to run brake ducting is huge.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It's rather easy to live, but difficult to feel alive

Posted Image

#41 User is offline   Carbon Blue 

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

FluKy15, on 13 August 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

I regret my shift knob, wont say which one. Also regret my AEM v2 intake. Had to cut that hole, and when I do brake ducting it will be in the way. The hole wasnt a big factor for me, but not being able to run brake ducting is huge.

why wont you tell us which knob?? :confused:

#42 User is offline   japhethwar 

• View gallery

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

Lots of bad mods.
Spoon calipers sucked. Sold and went back to stock with stainless lines. stops better than ever now

Plm header. Cheap crap with no gains other than weight loss.

Aem Cai. No gains only louder sounds

Lite spec exhaust. Awesome sound but required ear plugs for daily driving. titanium exhausts are extremely fragile. Not strong enough for daily street use. If you aint trackin buy stainless steel.

Spoon torque dampner with puddmod bracket. Absolutely did nothing and the puddy mod bracket broke my fuse box bracket off.

Anything password jdm. All there shit is chinese crap. carbon plug cover looked like a child made the mold had to grind to fit, all four rotors came out of round required turning finish lasted about 3 weeks. Do Not Waste Your Money On Password JDM junk

Apr carbon front splitter. Looks okay but extremely fragile

I removed about 8k worth of stuff and sold it all for around 4k and built a custom turbo kit. Best mod i've ever done. The only thing these cars really need is more POWER.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image "Success is earned, not owed."

#43 User is offline   Mark355 

• View gallery

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

s4play faux diffuser. Looks ok but it's the worst value-for-money mod I have. Embarrassed to say what I paid for this flimsy piece of plastic.
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Wiggum 

• View gallery

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

UC Gordon, on 12 August 2011 - 10:15 PM, said:

Wiggum, on 12 August 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

For example:

Fujitsubo!

I wont believe it until I hear it :LOL: Everyone said that the 70mm ASM had no drone.......

http://www.fujitsubo...003876/00001071

Has DB information... this is specific as it gets IMO...

#45 User is offline   wuttheheezy 

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

dc2-2-ap1, on 12 August 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

rev hard turbo kit and mishimoto radiator. I have had to replace everything on the kit minus the intercooler piping (which I had to modify to fit) and the intercooler. everything else was crap to begin with and was replaced or broke and was replaced with something better. and the mishimoto because it is just plain crap (they have amazing customer service though- as much as i do not like their quality I have nothing but good things to say about the companies customer service policies) my first one blew three holes in various welds across the radiator, my second one came with defective radiator cap and smells of coolant constantly (no leaks for a year and a half) but everytime I drive it smells like coolant (I think it is the nipple thing for the overflow tank)

Tein hood dampers.

I love my tein hood dampers

it's too bad you had such a bad experience with your mishimoto radiator. i've had mine for 2 years now.. not a single problem.
Posted Image

#46 User is offline   Wiggum 

• View gallery

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Mark355, on 13 August 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

s4play faux diffuser. Looks ok but it's the worst value-for-money mod I have. Embarrassed to say what I paid for this flimsy piece of plastic.

This made me LOL...

#47 User is offline   vactor 

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

ans2k, on 11 August 2011 - 10:43 PM, said:

Hum. I regret my tornado, my carbon fiber intake snorkel, my k&n drop in filter, my 63 mm test pipe, hondata reflash (should have waited for the flashpro), my ap2 v3 wheels, led shift knob, act clutch package( should have gotten the oem disc instead of the act, 0 clutch buzz), and a a/c delete belt (I have just use it once).

you should tell us WHY you thought these were bad modifications. otherwise your post is totally worthless.

#48 User is offline   vactor 

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

greenbean57, on 12 August 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

I second the K&N drop in filter. Yeah it's re-useable blah blah. But it was pretty much identical to my stock one IMO. wooooshhh.. there goes 50 bucks

did you get the car tuned with the new filter??

#49 User is offline   bradskee 

• View gallery
  • Group: Community Organizer

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Rubn1out4GudLuk, on 12 August 2011 - 12:00 PM, said:

Wow, lots of interesting mods that I as looking into(especially the mishimoto radiator). Guess I'll be looking at a Koyo in the future when my stock one goes out. Also stay away from Blackwerks radiators(a buddy of mine bought it when his stock one broke and had to jb weld one of the welds cause of such a crappy welding job).

Thats me! My radiator cracked up top on the plastic and i bought a supposedly amazing black works radiator. Its been in for a year and has sprung two leaks on the welds.

I ran my stock radiator for over 30 minuet session at the track when it was 112 degrees outside and no overheating. I bought the black works only because it was cheaper than stock.

Advice: Don’t buy and aftermarket radiator. Stock keeps up well and you don’t have all the damn problems!!!! Plus the aftermarket ones hold way more fluid so theyre heavier!!!!
Posted Image

Team Track It!!!
-"If you're not spinning, you're not trying" - Me

#50 User is offline   K LO QUE 

• View gallery

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

AP1 painted ebay trunk spoiler. Paint didn't match and it will not flush. luckily two months later my cousin payback a favor with an OEM AP1 spoiler. The paint matched and it fushed perfect. In the past I have bought things out of ebay with good results...
Posted Image

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users