Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

extreme dimensions

Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default extreme dimensions

well I recently purchased a asm replica front bumper from extreme dimensions...I went on their website and saw that this bumper was made with that plastic material, there is a video of guys twisting bending throwing smashing etc and this and not only did it keep its form but it didn't get damaged, and guess what i received FIBERGLASS! Well I have to say that I'm far from happy with what i have received. Upon opening the packing all i saw was a bumper with plastic wrap around it, there was NO bubble wrap or egg crate etc. to protect this item during its travels (Cali to NY). Then I started to inspect the bumper and let me tell you i found more cracks and imperfections on this bumper. Well i called E.D and spoke to the guy that i purchased the bumper from (Thai) and he told me that if there was any problems with the bumper (pre install and paint of course)that E.D would take back the bumper (they paid for shipping)and send me another 1. Well when i called and told them that I wasn't happy with the bumper the run around began (because i didn't inspect it in front of the delivery guy) so no i have to fill out paper work take pics of damage and email it to customer service so they can determine if its their fault or the shippers fault? well anyway I really don't wanna ramble on cause its just gonna upset me more. Here are some (not all) pics of this bumper i received.. I will update this thread as results come in
pics

Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the end of the day, you do realize this is still mostly comprised of fiberglass, right?
Which is by far the biggest pain in the ass, and POS product out there. That's minor what you got, my friend had a FULL fiberglass kit for his 240sx [only ones avail], and the thing came in super packed and tight but still was cracked and chipped all over.

What you have is no big deal, any body shop will have to put in some filler regardless since body kits always have flaws in them from molds/inconsistancies in materials. I would re-read their multiple disclaimers on their site. They state in the video - "results may vary"
The product description itself says 'reduces shipping damage up to 75% of the time'

Regardless, GL with this!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 AM

there's a lot more damage I just don't feel like posting all the images, I get more and more upset the more i see it lol, in my eyes this bumper the way its packed and its condition is unacceptable!!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That thing looks like shit.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mark355
That thing looks like shit.
Agreed.

Hope they take care of this. How can you boast your product so much then ship that.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 AM

Still no response from E.D.???? Do I smell another Chaser Aero???

Hope everything gets resolved. Your S doesn't even need that bumper, it looked sick the way it was.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by iVTECallday
Still no response from E.D.???? Do I smell another Chaser Aero???

Hope everything gets resolved. Your S doesn't even need that bumper, it looked sick the way it was.
hey vtech whats up man!! yeah they actually got back to me today asking me what I want to do? Ive already told them I just wanna return ship this crap back and refund my money, but i gues I have to repeat it agian, yeah the car looks good now but I just wanna change it up a bit ya know? well we will see what happens after I send them this email....stay tuned folks
Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM

Good move returning it. I see those current flaws only getting worst after time even with some filler added later on. Very dissapointing for you.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:33 PM

I'm glad I got rid of my fiberglass APR bumper (says FRP on Evasive's website, but whatever), it fit like shit and I wish I went back in time and didn't order it. I'm glad I sold it before I hit a speed bump and ruined it. Now I'm happy with an AP1 bumper that fits like it's made for the car (who woulda thunk it?) and I'm not afraid of it cracking every time I miss a bump on the road.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are working with you on this matter but there is a lot of the story you are leaving out. It was vital for you to inspect the part while the delivery man was still there, I repeated this quite a few times during our phone call. I explained this to you because it happens ALOT. That's why we insure our products when we send them out. If you were unhappy with the actual bumper keep in mind it still needs to be sanded and painted, you never even got to test the quality of our fitment, believe me no one else will come even close. Regardless of that fact, you gave me a call when the item arrived and I did everything to get on top of your issue right away, it's been less then 2-3 business days. So I hope your can appreciate the fact that we made this case a priority immediately. I've had plenty of happy customers and plenty of angry customers. The problem is the ones that are angry or upset have a way of expressing themselves that I could only describe as.. well harsh at times. In your case thank you for leaving appropriate feedback.

Also, I never lied to about the Duraflex product, I never said that Duraflex is not fiberglass. It's written under all of our part descriptions:

Extreme Dimensions' new Duraflex premium aerodynamics combine fiberglass, plastic, and flex resins to obtain its unique features. The new Duraflex technology obtains a much higher durability rate than the average fiberglass product, resulting in reduced shipping damages up to 75%. Duraflex products feature a black primer finish, high quality mesh grille, hardware kit, and an installation guide to help you install the product. This revolutionary product allows you to receive a premium fiberglass product at an affordable price. Due to high consumer demand, our entire fiberglass line of 5,000 products have been converted to the new Duraflex technology.

But as the paragraph above states its 10x better then what use to be on the market 6-7 years back. The composite is different because of the resin that we use. That's what makes the part durable. Once again, please keep me updated on this matter and let me know if you feel like your not 100% satisfied. I will do everything in my power to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you.

Quick Reply: extreme dimensions