UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 04-23-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A valid question Alex, but IMO minimal it could go either way the stock system is a twin loop which helps performance but keeps sound low too. The modification diverts some of the gases so they escape quicker (exhaust gas velocity) thus doesnt flow through the twin loop hence the slight noise increase.

It could easily go either way (+ or -) but nothing to write home about and IMO wouldn't need a remap. I havent driven the car but i expect no difference in performance what so ever.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
Hi Ang, I was talking to my dad about this modification to the exhaust and he said that altering the gas flow could reduce the engine's power, possibly requiring a remap, have you noticed a drop in performance?
Nope not as of yet, it's still got the cat and centre box, and the mod is only 22mm link pipe still running through the back box,got the nephew to try another vid,, only round the block though no time to go out to take vids till weekend
My link
Old 04-23-2012, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds mental Ang, I definately need to do that to mine
Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by F3 ANG
Nope not as of yet, it's still got the cat and centre box, and the mod is only 22mm link pipe still running through the back box,got the nephew to try another vid,, only round the block though no time to go out to take vids till weekend
My link
Thanks for the second vid - look forward to the ones at the weekend, idle would be good to hear, as well.
Would be interesting to see how it performs at motorway speeds too!

Also, if the rest of your car is standard [induction / factory cat & centre section] I think that's actually quite loud in the video; significantly louder than standard [though a true before/after comparison would've shown just how much].
Old 04-23-2012, 01:21 PM

I bet you're popular with the neighbours

That sounds fantastic, you got an intake or is that just exhaust sound!?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by chet
Originally Posted by F3 ANG' timestamp='1335215058' post='21635709
My link
Thanks for the second vid - look forward to the ones at the weekend, idle would be good to hear, as well.
Would be interesting to see how it performs at motorway speeds too!

Also, if the rest of your car is standard [induction / factory cat & centre section] I think that's actually quite loud in the video; significantly louder than standard [though a true before/after comparison would've shown just how much].

Originally Posted by simundo777
I bet you're popular with the neighbours

That sounds fantastic, you got an intake or is that just exhaust sound!?
it's a standard air box, and as said above standard exhaust apart from the link pipe, it probably sounds loud as it is a very narrow street, but normal driving with the roof up it sounds no different than standard, which is why i wasn't sure if there was much difference, but it does sound louder on the vid, I was a bit surprised myself when i heard it, but Ray has got a lead foot.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by chet
Would be interesting to see how it performs at motorway speeds to.
sounds very complicated, I've only got an old mobile phone
Old 04-23-2012, 10:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

That sounds good.
If there's no drone, then that's the sound I'm looking for.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:30 PM

Very interested in this too!

Living not too far away and with a possible need to sell the DMS 65Pro to fund a second car, this might be the perfect solution to ease the pain!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@s2konroids, sorry I only just seen your comment, I didn't think that the exhaust mod would alter the performance, but after my dad mentioned it, it played on my mind a bit! I'm pretty sure I will be doing this but possibly with 25mm stainless instead!

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod