The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Buddy Club Exhaust snaps at weld

Old 12-12-2002, 10:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Buddy Club Exhaust snaps at weld

All I have to say is !! I was driving down on the highway curising at 70mph......all of the sudden my S got louder. I was like oh shit I must blew the engine But what happen was the BC exhaust spilt in half and the hanger was broke as well. I only have this Buddy Club Spec III exhaust for couple months.......and it's F-up.
It split right at the weld. I hope it's going to be cover by warranty.

Old 12-12-2002, 10:28 PM

I can't sleep tonight!!
Old 12-12-2002, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohhh man WTF happedned? did you run over anything? If you can't get buddyclub to fix it for you I'm sure a muffler shop can weld it back on for a reasonable price.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:36 PM

I did not run over anything at all.....no dents or anything and it just broke while crusing on the Highway.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would've thought that BC had better quality control than that. I was following the poor guy back to work when all of a sudden...BLAAHHHHHH!!!! - the exhaust note got really LOUD! I just coulndn't believe my eyes when I saw under the car.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:44 PM
Administrator

That thing is built like shit. Obviously.

I've never seen an exhaust hanger break off at all of it's welds and take a piece of pipe with it, not to mention the perfectly round weld cracking at the resonator/pipe interface. Whoever welded that thing ought to be fired. They most likely overheated the pipe while welding it and the vibration of the car running made the metal crack at the stress points.

I'll definitely put Buddy Club on the POS list now. I hope they cover the repair for you...good luck.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:21 PM

wtf!!.. thanks for your post man!!! im about to get the bc exhaust from a friend.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:50 AM

stick with what u know i guess. why did u choose buddyclub anyway, u could have had hks, spoon, mugen, spugen, etc, etc but u chose buddyclub, who in my books is a relatively new aftermarket player. maybe im wrong, and they are huge, but the other names out there are good enough for me not to try them
Old 12-13-2002, 01:23 AM

Originally posted by blacks2k
stick with what u know i guess. why did u choose buddyclub anyway, u could have had hks, spoon, mugen, spugen, etc, etc but u chose buddyclub, who in my books is a relatively new aftermarket player. maybe im wrong, and they are huge, but the other names out there are good enough for me not to try them
Buddy Club has been out for a little while. When in Japan they seemed to be more popular with Civics and Integras than with anything else. I have always thought of them in the same tier as DC sports until I heard some comments about their suspensions. I was surprised by the positive feed back and changed my mind about them but this puts everything back in line with my first thought.

Konrad
Old 12-13-2002, 06:10 AM

Dang! Might wanna check out the GB on the RS*R exhaust at Evolution right now......

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Quick Reply: Buddy Club Exhaust snaps at weld