• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

churches dyna pack vs raceline dyno jet. My results 60 less hp on the dyno jet

#1 User is offline   riceball777 

• View gallery
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Church automotive testing here in so cal(Wilmington, ca) tuned my s2000. The car runs great but I just wanted to see what the car would do on a dyno jet. Churches dyno pack is always known to read higher than normal. My s2000 was tuned by Shawn church and made 385whp on his dyna pack. I ran the car today at Raceline in Temple City,CA with their dynojet and the car only dynode at 326whp. That's a whooping 60hp less!.

My car has been boosted for over 15,000miles. I have 0 problems with the car or the tune. My wide band shows about 14-15 on idel and low 11"s when in boost. But at the dynojet at race line, their wideband is showing 13.5 almost 14 to 1 air fuel in boost. Is this even possible? If that was true should the engine just blow up?

386whp at churches
Posted Image

326whp at raceline
Posted Image

pic of the engine bay
Posted Image

This post has been edited by riceball777: 15 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

621whp@18psi flex fuel f24c stroker gtx3576r
my turbo f24 stroker s2000 build
http://www.s2ki.com/...lex-fuel-build/

#2 User is offline   psychoazn 

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

dynos are tuning tools. Don't get too concerned about the actual number. The numbers are relative.

#3 User is offline   riceball777 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

psychoazn, on 15 November 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

dynos are tuning tools. Don't get too concerned about the actual number. The numbers are relative.

Yes I understand that but 60whp from a mid 300whp car seems kind of a lot. But more importantly raceline's dyno jet is showing 13.5 to 1 under fullboost. They make it sound like my car was tuned like crap and will/can blow up at any second. My aem wideband shows low 11's under full boost and they said my wide band is not right. I know church tuned my car for low 11's for the air fuel. Like I said the car has been driver for over 15,000 miles turboed and even autocrossed with 0 drivability problems. So either my car is running lean and is going to melt a piston or race lines wideband is way off. If the car was really running 13.5 to 1 air fuel shouldn't the motor already have blow up?

#4 User is offline   marcpb443 

• Group: Guest

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

When was your last tune?
Turbo AP1 - 401whp 270tq - sold

#5 User is offline   riceball777 

• Topic Starter
  • View gallery

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

marcpb443, on 15 November 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

When was your last tune?

about 2 months ago

#6 User is offline   SLINKYDOG 

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

just think a mustang dyno reads lower than dyno-jet. that is why NASA has a mustang dyno readings times 1.1 to equal a dyno-jets numbers.:tipwink:/>

#7 User is offline   spectacle 

• View gallery

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

No surprise on the Church dyno. And I would lean towards the dyno jet wideband being bad. You would have melted something by now if it was truly running that lean.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
615whp | 10.8 @ 135
For all your fuel injector & turbo needs, contact The Boost Lab
For tuning (worldwide) contact Alpha @ Induction Performance

#8 User is offline   JoeyBalls 

• View gallery

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

If you really want to know how much power your car makeshift take it to the drag strip a few times and look at the MPH
9.727 @ 146

Posted Image
2 by JosephCostanza, on Flickr

#9 User is offline   s2000Junky 

• Group: Community Organizer

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Trust your wideband, not a tail sniffer. A good working tail sniffer reads .5 leaner then actual. Many times its hard to get an accurate tail reading at all. These guys are trying to sell you on a retune, tell them to take advantage of someone else and fock off.
Built 9.6:1 F23c short block/stock F22 head
Comptech SC W/1200 upgrade, 3.2" pulley making 16.5psi at 8350rpm - Retired)
E-Manage Ultimate tuned with water/meth injection
Buddy Club RS W/14k Swift springs
Front & Rear custom widened RPF1's 11.5"/295/35/17, 10" 255/40/17. Brad says Stagger-saurus! haha
Custom DIY made Rear diffusers/splitters/canards and a bunch of other shit. It looks more stuffed & dressed then a Thanksgiving turkey! :-D

-If you are not OUTRAGED... you are not paying ATTENTION!
-The Rich pay the Rich to convince the Middle Class that the Poor is the problem.
-All knowledge is shared and is available to every soul, unlike on Earth where it is used to establish power over others.
-I don't mind you being rich... I mind you BUYING MY GOVERNMENT!

-When we’re blissfully ignorant of the reality of our existence and feed into a culture of constant consumerism and fixation on outward aspects of our reality, we can be programmed with propaganda that’s easily funneled through our mainstream news outlets with little question on the part of the unaware masses.
-We think that man is on the highest rung of the evolutionary ladder, but evolution is without end. Just as there are beings that exist below man, there are Beings that exist above man as well. These Beings evolved from the universes of the past.

“Those that are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood let alone believed by the masses.” -Plato

#10 User is offline   Spoolin 

• Interests:Motorcycles, Cars, Bodybuilding, Sports, Outdoors.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Dynojets are the most accurate account of the power you are truly making on the street. They can not be manipulated like the other dynos and are very accurate. Take it to the track and your mph will back this up.
-741 whp 471 wtq (dynojet) @ 29.6 psi on e85; now on 34 psi, 800+ whp.
-FullRace twin scroll sidewinder manifold and 3" DP, T4 twin scroll Precision 6466sp turbo, AEM Infinity 6, AEM Smart coils, AEM boost solenoid, AEM 5 bar MAP sensor, Innovate XD-1 standalone wideband O2, ID2200cc injectors, Full Blown twin Walbro 340 fuel pump setup, twin Tial MVS 38mm wastegates, Tial Q BOV, OEM HG with L19 headstuds (11:1 CR and stock block), Supertech built head, CC Twin clutch, UR 3" dual exhaust, InlinePro 300zx diff. conversion, Garrett 950 hp intercooler, custom IForged 18" Aero wheels with 285 BFG DR's out back. GForce T56 tranny conversion and built engine coming soon.

#11 User is offline   timg 

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

This is an old, but good read. Dynojets can be just as inaccurate as any other dyno. All dynos rely on trained personnel and up-to-date calibration.
http://www.turbomaga...sh/viewall.html

With that said, there is a good reason why OEMs use load bearing dynos like Superflow, Dynapack, Mustang, Rototest, and Mainline Dynolog.

Tim
2004 Honda S2000 BW S300SX FMW, P-Fab T4 divided top mount, black Full Race IC, Asura 3" dual oval exhaust, KPro III, PLX SM-AFR DM-6 and OBD2-100 Touch, ID 1000cc injectors, IP fuel rail, FullBlown 340, Pauter rods, Arias 9.5:1 pistons, Golden Eagle HD sleeved block, SPEC stage 2 PP OEM disc, Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, Eclipse, Vibe, PPI, Pas2knut amp rack, Modifry DCI and ECT, MacGayver/Ricks digital windscreen (broken), seat heaters, entire car sound deadened with foam and QuietCar
Formerly: AEM EMS and WBO2, GT3076R, custom tubular manifold, Self tuned to 443 whp 363 lb-ft

1995 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34 Built motor with T04Z and 5 speed manual in progress. Currently boosted and self tuned to 325 whp and 350 lb-ft. Loads of other mods (stereo, suspension, brakes, etc.).

2007 Saab 9-7X 6.0i- Modded LS2 tow vehicle with LS3 heads, LS9 cam, L92 intake, 1 7/8" AR Headers, KW V3 coilovers, 14" Baer brakes, 20x10" Aero replica wheels, 295/40R20 Conti DWS tires, Clarion, JL Audio, DJM sway, LC32/Simple Eng, Aeromotive 340, etc.... Coming soon: Whipple, 6L80E, 405 c.i. LSA, 4" exhaust, and more.

2013 Cadillac CTS-V 6MT Sedan Stealth Blue Special Edition

#12 User is offline   neoleooo 

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

I think riceball777 is not concern about the difference in HP reading but more concern about the difference in air fuel reading. Shouldn't the air fuel reading be the same with all dynos?

#13 User is offline   timg 

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

neoleooo, on 18 November 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

I think riceball777 is not concern about the difference in HP reading but more concern about the difference in air fuel reading. Shouldn't the air fuel reading be the same with all dynos?

It should be, but it isn't. Different widebands read differently, especially if the sensor is old or it wasn't calibrated properly. That's the downside to cheap consumer-grade widebands. There are very accurate widebands out there, but they tend to cost orders of magnitude more than the ones we (and most dyno shops) use.

Tim

#14 User is offline   camuman 

• View gallery

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Interesting. Churches dynapack always read high relative to other dynos. Nice to see it back to back. But In the end the delta is what matters.
weekend warrior - 05 S2k: OLD SETUP - SXM intercooled roots blower 10# + other crap - 13.1@110
HYTECH DUAL TWIN LOOP WITH 3" VIBRANT ULTRA QUIET RESONATOR- AEM EMS - 10psi BOOST - 18" BBS LM - TOYO RA1 - TEIN RA - HYTECH "UNICORN" HEADER - AEM METH TUNE @ 10PSI 344whp/245wtq dynojet

NEW SETUP FBM Sidewinder Divided mani - BW S362 Divided Turbo - Twin Tial 44mm Wastegates - Tial 50mm BOV - AEM EMS - HYTECH DUAL TWIN LOOP WITH 3" VIBRANT ULTRA QUIET RESONATOR - 18" BBS LM - TOYO RA1 - TEIN RA - MASE TUNED TUNE @ 14PSI 450whp/295wtq dyno dynamics - 12.3@121

daily destroyer - 09 Jeep SRT8: Bwoody 4" CAI - BT Catch Can - Diablo Toona TOON - MPTCM - TOYO PROXES 275/315 tire setup - 12.8@106

Wifes Daily - 2011 Chevy Cruze - MPG's for days
Wifes Weekend warrior - 2001 Ford F250 Supercab 5.4 gas motor - SLOW ASS f@#k but reliable

#15 User is offline   s2000Junky 

• Group: Community Organizer

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

timg, on 18 November 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

It should be, but it isn't. Different widebands read differently, especially if the sensor is old or it wasn't calibrated properly. That's the downside to cheap consumer-grade widebands. There are very accurate widebands out there, but they tend to cost orders of magnitude more than the ones we (and most dyno shops) use.

Tim

I gladly trust my simple AEM wideband to be more accurate and reliable to tune with. It only sees my car on a day to day basis and I know when it isn't reading right anymore and a new sensor needs to be had, which is typically about ever 2 years for me.

#16 User is offline   Thunder-rush 

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

If I was you I will go back to the dynojet and put a bit more fuel on the values and test if the power climbs with added fuel or drops just to have peace of mind. If it does go up, I will just retune if it drops you're probably fine. The thing is that the the dynojet graph you posted still looks choppy even with a smoothing of 5 and that raises a flag for me. Anyways by testing you are not going to loose your current tune if you save it.

This post has been edited by Thunder-rush: 19 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

#17 User is offline   indi00 

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I run two wide bands. One is the AEM connected to the AEM EMS, and one is a stand alone innovative LM-1. If these two don't agree then there is a problem.

The tuning process is dependent on the accuracy of the wide band, why skimp out on it.

#18 User is offline   sohc_mshue 

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Likely the dynojet wideband is off. Usually when I see widebands start to fail they will show lean spikes. Just try another one for piece of mind.
2001 AP1: Stock F20C block, Full Race Twin Scroll Mani, s366, 656whp on E85

2005 AP2: Stock F22, Inline Pro Stage 2 kit, 658whp on E85

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   neoleooo 

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

s2000Junky, on 19 November 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

timg, on 18 November 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Tim

I gladly trust my simple AEM wideband to be more accurate and reliable to tune with. It only sees my car on a day to day basis and I know when it isn't reading right anymore and a new sensor needs to be had, which is typically about ever 2 years for me.

Sorry for the nub question but i'm using E85 and was planning to get the AEM wideband. I was wondering how it would read on E85?

#20 User is offline   Corey Maurer 

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

It will read 28 points higher

#21 User is offline   spdracerut 

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

timg, on 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

This is an old, but good read. Dynojets can be just as inaccurate as any other dyno. All dynos rely on trained personnel and up-to-date calibration.
http://www.turbomaga...sh/viewall.html

With that said, there is a good reason why OEMs use load bearing dynos like Superflow, Dynapack, Mustang, Rototest, and Mainline Dynolog.

Tim

Another good read:
http://www.motoiq.co...elieve-one.aspx

#22 User is offline   Ben @ Carolina Dyno 

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I would let them have a go at tuning it. Just by looking at the graph it is obvious something is wrong. You're graph should be very smooth especially with the smoothing on 5. It is also possible that Churches was using your wideband to tune with which could be wrong. When we tune we use Innovate widebands because we have found them to be the most accurate. I have found many AEM gauges reading very far off in customers cars before. I've even replaced my own sensors and re-calibrated just to be sure. In our experience AEM is the least reliable of the wideband controllers.

It's really no surprise at all about the power difference though. We use a Superflow and it would read even lower than the Dynojet.

This post has been edited by Ben @ Carolina Dyno: 23 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

RTA S2000- Unlimited Class

#23 User is offline   Kyushin 

• Group: Banned
  • Interests:S2Ki, Medical, Girls, The LBC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Not surprised here... my completely stock ctsc at the time, read 345 on his dyno

#24 User is offline   liquid_helix136 

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

From what I've gathered, the closer the o2 sensor is to the engine, the more accurate of a reading your going to get. Having an end of the pipe sniffer compared to an in-line sniffer, I'm gonna put my money on the latter being more accurate, all else equal. To make things even more complicated, some people consider just one wideband to be insufficient as each cylinder is going to have slightly different AFRs, the wideband 99% of us have just read a mixture of all 4 cylinders, so as far as we know, 2 cylinders could be stoich, one could be super rich and the last dangerously lean, and our o2 sensors would be reading 14.7.

If your truly worried about it, I would just pick up a new wideband, pop it in and see what it says. If it reads 11s, you'll have peace of mind, a new wideband and you can sell your perfectly working old sensor.
RIP - 7/22/14
Endyn fully built F20C, 9.5:1cr 87.25mm Mahle Pistons, Crower Rods, Supertech/Endyn valvetrain (212whp / 146wtq)
Posted Image
Current:
Stock F22C, K&N Intake, 3" HKS header back single, ACT PP / 8lb flywheel, tuned on Flashpro (??whp / ??wtq) Faster than the AP1.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Ben @ Carolina Dyno 

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

It's just as likely (actually much more likely) that if there is a problem with his wideband it's the controller/gauge and not the actual sensor.

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users