Έλληνες Ιδιοκτήτες S2000 / Greek S2000 Owners Official Forum of Greek S2000 Owners. Greek Lovers are in great passion with the S2000!

Photo Request

Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photo Request

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Please bear with me here. For several months I have been thinking about asking for this on this forum. At first I felt it was too much of an imposition, but now feel I will regret it if I don't ask.

Many years ago (early 1970's) I was stationed in Greece with the US Army. As a career soldier, I can say without reservation, that it was the greatest assignment I ever had. Wonderful country, wonderful people, and my daughter was born there in Athens.... I have nothing but the fondest of memories.

At that time I lived at 24 Dimitrakopoulou, in either Voula (or Anno Voula), south of Athens near Glyfada and Vouliagmeni. At that time the house was a single story home. In those days this was unusual, as many had the landlords living either upstairs, or downstairs. I'm positive it will have been built onto.

If anyone could somehow take a current photograph and post it here (or PM) it would be greatly appreciated. It certainly doesn't have to be anything more than the front of the house, but I'll be interested in anything.

Let me apologize if I've spelled any of the Greek streets or cities wrong. Let us hope Yahoo Maps is our friend.

And I say to you all, in advance: Efharisto poli.

Jerald Porter
Justin, Texas
Old 12-28-2007, 08:15 AM

This is the place?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM

patriot_S2K,

Well, it certainly seems to be the street, for sure. Obviously, after 35 years, much has changed. This was a popular and fast growing area, even when I was there.

I have used several map sources, both topo and satellite, in an attempt to zoom into the address, but have had no luck. In those days, there was a quite modern and unusually styled house across and up the street. Who knows if any of these buildings are still there?

Thank you for the quick response.

JGP
Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ranger,

I think this street is close to my parents house. I will get there and get some pictures of that particular street and number you mentioned.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:26 AM

In the meantime just take a googlearth top view of the street and I will get back to you.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Community Organizer

I am sure energetic or patriot_S2K who live close will help you out

Otherwise i will take the photo when i will be back from my holidays.For sure the place will look much different now but i believe you will be able to recognise something
Old 01-11-2008, 12:52 AM

Just a small update Ranger, I haven't forgot you but I've been busy around the past weeks. I will get the photos though.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:25 AM

Thank you energetic. I wasn't worried as I know people are busy all over the world.

Take care.

JGP
Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 AM

Time to bump this thread, don't thing I forgot you mate. I will get the photos, its just crazy busy. I will try this Saturday after work.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 AM

tha exei pethanei o mparmpas meta apo toso kairo re!