Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Back from Hawaii

Old 04-29-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from Hawaii

Went diving and saw: turtles the size of a large bathtub, Monk seals, Trumpet fish.....and NEMO!

Sushi and Blues on Kauii north of princeville is awesome.....and if you are by wialea, Jojos for shaved ice is the best period.

-Lee
Old 04-29-2007, 10:08 PM

I was very dissapointed with the dining and nightlife options on that island. The place is ridiculously beautiful, and the 4 wheeling and mtn biking expidetions i did on my own were a blast, but damn its like a 3rd world country when it comes to anything nice.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 AM

No Duke's, WTF?

Jojo's is the place with like 150 shaved ice flavors? We stopped there after hiking around Wiamea Canyon.

Where'd you see the monk seals? We only saw two the whole time we were there. Tons of honu and millions of neon colored fishies and stuff though.

Good times, we can't wait to go back. Maybe a s2k group Chevy Impala rental car cruise?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 PM

We saw two monk seals crashed on the beach all day when there in April. At sunset, they got back in the water, put on a show for everyone, then swam off.

Mustang convertible the only way to go in Kauai. $25/day priceline.com
Old 05-02-2007, 05:37 AM

Monk seals usually hang out at Poipu beach certain times of the year. Check out Cafe Portofino near Dukes at the Marriott. Other than that we have not found much in the way of fine dining.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ceo2b,May 1 2007, 07:00 PM
We saw two monk seals crashed on the beach all day when there in April. At sunset, they got back in the water, put on a show for everyone, then swam off.

Mustang convertible the only way to go in Kauai. $25/day priceline.com
Lol, when I was living on the big Island my roommates and I started counted vert Mustangs we would see. A low day would be 10 or 12, the official car of tourism.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by AZDelt,May 2 2007, 08:15 AM
Lol, when I was living on the big Island my roommates and I started counted vert Mustangs we would see. A low day would be 10 or 12, the official car of tourism.
I thought It would be Jeep wranglers.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mik3,May 2 2007, 08:56 AM
Jeep> Mustang

Always. Not that I like Jeep a lot but I HATE Ford, and loathe mustangs.

I would love to have the S in a place like Hawaii. Makes me envy the bastards living there with them...
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mik3,May 2 2007, 09:56 AM
Few and far between. The roads you want a 4x4 for are off limits by the rental car companies. If you take a rental car down Waipio Valley or on Saddle road, your warranty is pretty much null and void. I understand WV, as its straight down for about a mile, need to put it in 4 low and just ride it out so you don't smoke your brakes, if something happens down there, I'm pretty sure there's no getting the car out. Saddle road road however is just bumpy as all hell with a lot of access, its the direct route from Kona to Hilo.

That being said, spending 6 months there was a lot more fun with 4WD. I took my old 4Runner everywhere, hit up South Point a couple times, Waipio Valley, and all kinds of little trails that just head off the main highway and end up at amazing beaches. The south of the island is pretty cool, and if anyone's going to the Big Island I'd DEFINITELY recommend something with 4WD over a convertible. Unless you're just going to do the normal pedestrian touristy stuff, then the 'Stang is probably the way to go.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by AZDelt,May 2 2007, 09:11 AM
Few and far between. The roads you want a 4x4 for are off limits by the rental car companies. If you take a rental car down Waipio Valley or on Saddle road, your warranty is pretty much null and void. I understand WV, as its straight down for about a mile, need to put it in 4 low and just ride it out so you don't smoke your brakes, if something happens down there, I'm pretty sure there's no getting the car out. Saddle road road however is just bumpy as all hell with a lot of access, its the direct route from Kona to Hilo.

That being said, spending 6 months there was a lot more fun with 4WD. I took my old 4Runner everywhere, hit up South Point a couple times, Waipio Valley, and all kinds of little trails that just head off the main highway and end up at amazing beaches. The south of the island is pretty cool, and if anyone's going to the Big Island I'd DEFINITELY recommend something with 4WD over a convertible. Unless you're just going to do the normal pedestrian touristy stuff, then the 'Stang is probably the way to go.
Thanks for the recommendations I'm trying to make it out there this summer.

Quick Reply: Back from Hawaii