Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com
View Poll Results: Who would you like to be the new CO?
Fokker
36.67%
S2K-Pomales
3.33%
sse2k
60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

CO voting thread

Old 04-15-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CO voting thread

This is the voting thread to determine who will take over the CO roll for Feezy. It will run for 1 week just like the nomination thread.

If the members up for election would like to post up their details that would be cool, especially since we have 2 members from the Tucson area and 2 from the Phoenix area.

Thanks guys
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Well my screen name is Fokker. I'm not sure what details you want. I like long moonlit drives on Mt. Lemmon, the gentle kiss of the wind blowing through my helmet during an autocross, and the smell of engine exhaust. I'm not sure if those are the droids you're looking for.

I've been trying to get meets or activities once a month here in Tucson. Moving into summer I was going to try to organize more group drives or those crazy non-car activities.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to vote for a Tucson CO, and a westside (phx) CO?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Brutus
Is there a way to vote for a Tucson CO, and a westside (phx) CO?
I 2nd this motion.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

There really is not a west side anymore, just a north side. Meaning there are only a few active S2000 owners in the west valley. The majority of owners are on the North side of the town...

Its hard to vote for someone in phx vs someone in tuscon. I obviously live in phx so my vote would of course be biased to having another CO up here...but I don't want to jeopardize the tuscon people if they want or need a CO down there. There are way more people in Phx than Tuscon so it will be hard for someone in Tuscon to win....

I know its sort of late, but perhaps we only need one CO in Phx, and one CO in Tuscon. Then maybe make a small committee or something in Phx for people to work together to put on meets and events. I think at this point most people that have the initiative to create and put on a meet, always ask someone to assist anyway.

I will be honest here, I thought the point of having two CO's in PHX was to better balance the workload of creating meets and events, and I dont think that ever really happened, aside from the Monday and Wednesday night meets. I always thought one CO would do more of the moderating and the other CO would do more planning and organizing but that is not what happened. This was just my thought and expectation on how things would work. At this point in time the Monday meet is the Godfather meet and he owns that , and that only leaves the Wed meet which Robert has organized for a long time now. I don't think there is really a need for another Phx CO, but rather a committee or something that organizes events...since that is sort of what has been happening anyway for the past few years. Besides, the godfather is sort of an honorary CO and will always be held in that regard!

Sorry my inputs are coming into this a bit late in the game, but last week I didn't expect to be living in AZ any longer so I kept my opinions to myself. So take them for what they are if you want, if not just ignore them lol
Old 04-16-2014, 08:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like long walks on the beach, puppies, and driving my car the way it was meant to be driven.

Mostly, I don't see much that I would do differently, still go to all of the Wed meets, and the Mon meets when I can, and help plan drives/events/activities. Mainly I just want to contribute back to the community that has been the best, most welcoming group of car enthusiasts since I joined.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:05 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

The chapter say Arizona which includes Tucson. I know it's a smaller group but I believe representation of the two major communities in Arizona is a good thing. In the last few months, it seems like Tucson actually has had more activity with on-the-spot meets, drives, and of course the good attendance by Tucson owners on the Titan Drive that Sean orgranized earlier this year. I believe that any of the nominees would do a great job in planning events since they are passionate about the S2000 ownership experience. Adam brings up a good point where we need more people to lead, plan, or coordinate events. To build on what Sean is saying, we could also give back to the larger community in which we live by coordinating a yearly fund-raising event such as Toys-4-Tots, etc. Something low-key and fun where everyone can pariticpate and we can bring visibility to the Arizona chapter for its involvement and efforts. Much like Feezy has said before, we do need some energy and enthusiasm to do some different things so it's not the just the same people doing the same stuff.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'll be honest, I never really placed much value in adding a "CO" tag to someone's username. It seems to be obvious who the people are that contribute the most to the community and that doesn't usually change. I'm not trying to diminish the contribution of anyone who has held or will hold the title though and all the ones I know have been deserving. I really don't think anything is going to change by simply re-assigning a CO tag.

It's great that this is opening up discussion though. While organizing an event is nice, there also has to be a demand for it. I know Pomales made an effort with the Sonoita drive and ended up with a total of 2 cars, that kind of thing can discourage future events from happening.

Fokker has been very active in Tucson and even Phoenix area since joining the community. Tucson in general has picked up some active members lately, been nice to see. I felt like in the past I was always the one that had to post events up, although in reality there wasn't any planning involved. Big events like the New Year meet and 191 Devil highway drive are another story, props to all who have been involved in setting those up.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 PM

Politics and Democracy, god bless America and Keyboard Thugs. f@#k everyone, we don't need another CO. Maybe all the people who we nominated should hold an event of some sort and then we take it from there. AZ is a hot mess right now, literally. I know if everyone drops their ego and past issues, the AZ chapter will be back to normal. I feel like I'm torn between different crowds and hate drama, so I don't even feel like showing up even though I want to. Emo Keo and I'm out
Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sativa lover
if everyone drops their ego and past issues, the AZ chapter will be back to normal.
AMEN BROTHER!

Quick Reply: CO voting thread