Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Got hit

Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got hit

So I was at a stop sign the other day and This guy decided to put his truck in reverse and back into me. He got out and was like are we ok? I was like hell no. I need my front fixed. So he was like it wasn't my fault, a bus was turning and needed more room. I was like fine, but you can't just throw it in reverse and not wait for me to back up a little. Went and got the estimate and it was for $850.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:03 AM

that sucks. did yall file a report on it.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes did you file a report Fadi or get his policy number?!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks man, I really hope ya had the police come or that hes a nice guy otherwise he doesn't have to pay for it. I learned the hard way a few years back when someone backed into my other car in a parking lot and messed up the front end. I got their policy number and name and everything but it was late and I wanted to get home so I told them I would call them with the cost. When I called them said they refused to pay, when I talked to the police and insurance I found out that if they are stubborn about it they can basically get off without paying a penny, which they did.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM

^ Could happen BUT if you get a police report and they refuse to pay then you can file through your insurance. You give them your subbrogation rights and from there they will handle everything including up to seeking legal action against the other insurance company. Based off how they have it written normally vehicle one is the one at fault. They also look at other things as well to i.e. horn was blown, who was farthest out of parking spot, etc. Good luck Fadi!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:56 AM

i took a video of him saying he hit me and would pay for everything. Idk if he or the insurance are going to pay for it though. Hopefully i didnt screw up. The estimate is for $850.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:42 AM

Well a verbal agreement is considered a binding contract when a third party is involved. i imagine if they take emails now as binding contracts they will take visual evidence (video) as the same. i would say you are good!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 AM

its always annoying when you get hit for something REALLY stupid like that. Sitting there and he just decides to back into you.

My escape got lightly hit a few years ago. I was driving down a road, he was off on a side road sitting at a stop sign. He sat there at the stop sign till I was just about in front of him, and then pulled out and bumped into the side of me as i was driving. Said he didnt see me. First thing i did after i got out was call the police for a report. He was sitting over in his car going 'hey, I am alright. What are you doing?' lol is it bad that the only thing on my mind was getting a police report so the idiot's insurance company would fix my car? Checking to see if he was alright actually didnt even enter my mind till he said something lol.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:01 AM

lol well if it was my S and someone did that Police would be third thing I would have done. i would have kicked his ass then called an ambulance then the police
Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is illegal for him to back up into you, plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Got hit