Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

WTD 2009!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTD 2009!

Does anybody from this area paln to go.

If so anybody want to split a cabin and maybe we can make a caravan there.

Jeremy
Old 01-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Uh oh... you just unleashed a can of worms. Dragon talk is TABOO here.

I'm going as usual. I'll likely be the only one going from Louisiana. The other Mike (my name is Mike too) from Mississippi (TOF) is likely to go, but I have not heard any official word from him. We can definitely caravan there. I've never done that since I'm usually alone.

I'll let you know about lodging as soon as Raul (airgate) posts registration. I've made a habit of staying in a lodge room instead of a cabin. They are much nicer and a lot cheaper. If we can get a few people a cabin wont be a bad idea though.

This WTD is going to be awesome guys. I'm going to be organizing one or two of the events up there this year. It is a great experience even if you only get do it this one time. Poker Runs, beer/wine/cigar swaps, organized drives, lunches and dinners with good friends.... not to mention THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON! 318 turns, 11 Miles. With talk of discontinuing WTD in favor ONE large yearly event (instead of two, WTD and DBR) trust me, THIS IS the year to go!

Pictures and details to follow. Stay tuned!

Mike

EDIT: Pics posted below!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM

dood, ure the one that makes it taboo hahaha ... some of us just arent as hardcore as you .. driving 12hrs for a 2day weekend.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:53 PM

also... just fyi, ive made many long trips b4 and yeah its boring by yourself, but caravaning just makes it sooo much better. im certain ive logged more longdistance driving than everyone here... except maybe james ... just to name a few, back and forth to chicago atleast twice. to cali. etc ...

maybe one day we'll all plan for a 4-5day weekend... but im sure we all wont agree unless there's more than just driving and scenic things to do... we're all city boys, so nightlife is a must.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Links:

"Countdown to WTD 2009" thread

Official event thread

Pics from Dragon Ball Run 2008

Some GREAT shots of the area and what you can expect (except for the pics of the fire in the woods!)

Photo highlights from WTD 2008

The "don't cross the double yellow line!" thread with funny pics.

Video highlights of the dragon

General asshattery. "Quotes from WTD" Pretty funny, but I suppose you had to be there for some of it.

More general asshattery from DBR 2008 Again, you probably had to be there
Old 01-01-2009, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by FR@NCH1SE' date='Jan 1 2009, 08:53 PM
dood, ure the one that makes it taboo hahaha ... some of us just arent as hardcore as you .. driving 12hrs for a 2day weekend.

also... just fyi, ive made many long trips b4 and yeah its boring by yourself, but caravaning just makes it sooo much better. im certain ive logged more longdistance driving than everyone here... except maybe james ... just to name a few, back and forth to chicago atleast twice. to cali. etc ...

maybe one day we'll all plan for a 4-5day weekend... but im sure we all wont agree unless there's more than just driving and scenic things to do... we're all city boys, so nightlife is a must.
First off, did you notice the stick and the ROFLMAO?

Actually the event is 4 days long, not 2... you could get there a day early and make it 5 days if you wanted I suppose. 12 hours of driving? More like 8-10 depending on how often you stop (you guys drove 4 hours to go drive go-karts for ONE day. That's about half the distance!) And there is a nightlife at the dragon (just ask the south florida crew!). Half the fun of it is cabin hopping and finding where the party is every night. We have beer swaps, cabin parties, etc...

It isn't about the "scenic" shit. It's about the most amazing roads you will EVER see. The best driving you will ever experience (I don't know about the rest of you, but that's why I bought the car. Surely not for it's comfort and great daily drivability haha) But mostly it's about really good times with great people. An all around good time that only comes around twice a year. Don't knock it til you try it. I had no idea how much fun it was going to be until I got there.

And I wouldn't be so quick to assume the part about making more long distance trips than the rest of us... except for maybe James. My family used to have a house in SC where my dad lived for most of the year. I made that drive/ride almost monthly for 6 years, racking up about 600 miles each way. I guess thats why a little 9 hour drive to the best driving road in America doesn't seem like so much of a big deal to me. Not to mention, I made THREE (3) trips to the dragon last year alone.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:24 PM

well u got me beat there. maybe one day, we can gather enough people to go. i know that if there's another supermeet in cali, like the homecoming, then id go to that.. cause i can kill a bajillion birds with one stone.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by FR@NCH1SE' date='Jan 1 2009, 09:24 PM
well u got me beat there. maybe one day, we can gather enough people to go. i know that if there's another supermeet in cali, like the homecoming, then id go to that.. cause i can kill a bajillion birds with one stone.
Now THAT is probably too extreme for me! Haha. I can't imagine driving to cali for a "meet". If I would even think about going to that, there better be more than just a "meet" going on. I can't get off just standing around "shooting the shit" drooling over all the JDM whores. But I suppose I'd be up for it if the "meet" involved a series of track days, etc... The tracks in cali are to die for.

And what's this talk about "gathering enough people to go"? You know I'll be there! haha Maybe TOF and Jeremy too. Not to mention the other 150+ cars that are expected to show up this year.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 PM

haha u cant convince me bro ...
Old 01-01-2009, 08:43 PM

Here are a few pics from Dragon recent Dragon events... the south florida crew tapes up the entire front end of their cars for the drive there! That is hardcore.

PJK3 edited - fixed image tags to let them wrap.

Quick Reply: WTD 2009!