Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

yankee in the south

Old 10-05-2010, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gauge cluster was relocated, it looks like they are using the one that comes with aem's race box. Correct me if wrong though.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Yup, I believe you are right. Not sure exactly why they decided to keep the OEM gauge cluster over on the passenger side, but hey I think it looks sorta neat ha... The more gauge clusters the better.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, Welcome to the Ark-La-Tex Chapter. Nice looking Silverstone you have there! I love the all red seats in the 08-09 cars.

Hope to see you at the October meet AND at the Fall Boston Mountains Tour.

You have a return PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:56 PM

yeah I am still throwing the BMT around.

I think it will come down to if I can find a reason for me to go visit the plant that the company has in Missouri. Its in Lebanon, and looks to be somewhat close to the BMT. If I can find a reason to go there then that means my gas to drive up there and back down would be paid for :-)
Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by ohionab,Oct 5 2010, 07:56 PM

I think it will come down to if I can find a reason for me to go visit the plant that the company has in Missouri. Its in Lebanon, and looks to be somewhat close to the BMT. If I can find a reason to go there then that means my gas to drive up there and back down would be paid for :-)
A trip expensed is a great trip

And yeah MO is not far from Eureka Springs, AR at all.

We had a summer event in Eureka Springs this year and on day one we took a Scenic drive up to Branson, MO.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ohionab,Oct 5 2010, 05:56 PM

You should definitely check out the plant in Lebanon. In a town like that- you can't trust anyone on their own. Check things out Thursday and we can roll out together Friday morning to Eureka Springs. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Lebanon, and from there you can fill my tank for the rest of the trip as well!

Wait just a tick... Why am I in the ARK-LA-TEX area?! oops
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 PM

Come in and stay a while anytime Matt!

and Actually come to think of it Nick, I am a Yankee living in the South too, I'm originally from Saginaw, MI. My immediate family are the only oddballs that are not in MI.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:27 AM

Hey I know where Saginaw is. I went to school at Kettering/GMI in Flint, MI. In fact I am still going to school there, just that my masters is the Netflix style program haha.

Ahhhh Flint, my last term there I had the 911 dispatcher calling me in the middle of the night to try and help haha. Also, I managed to get out of there with just getting a rock through my bedroom window once. My car didnt get broken into or stolen, I didnt get mugged or the crap beaten out of me, and not even attacked by a dog. So i was sort of lucky.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say I am a Yankee but given I am from Alaska I think that makes me an Eskimo!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ohionab,Oct 8 2010, 07:27 AM
Hey I know where Saginaw is. I went to school at Kettering/GMI in Flint, MI. In fact I am still going to school there, just that my masters is the Netflix style program haha.

Ahhhh Flint, my last term there I had the 911 dispatcher calling me in the middle of the night to try and help haha. Also, I managed to get out of there with just getting a rock through my bedroom window once. My car didnt get broken into or stolen, I didnt get mugged or the crap beaten out of me, and not even attacked by a dog. So i was sort of lucky.
Amazing, most people have not a clue. Ironically enough, my dad moved back to MI 2 years ago and lives in a suburb of Flint, Oxford, and no high crimes happening there, lol.
I have a friend locally who went to GMI too. Both of our families were GM families and actually moved down here to La together.

Sounds like you got out in one piece

Quick Reply: yankee in the south