Aus & NZ Off Topic For all non S2000 related topics

Visiting, maybe.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Visiting, maybe.

Hello,

I just got back from Thailand, Laos, and Taiwan and still have the travel bug going. I'm deciding between aussieland/nz or europe as my next choice destination. I'd likely be going next summer during June-August time frame, which apparently would be during the aussie/nz wintertime so I'm unsure if that's a good idea. Are your winters cold? What are the major cities younger tourists frequent? Any suggestions of must-see places, must-do outdoor activities, and/or parties?

I'm leaning more towards europe but hopefully your input would be convincing enough. Although, i do think the aussie accent > uk accent, so that's a plus in itself. Any advice or suggestions regarding the travels would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Macy

(P.S. Just fyi in case you all are wondering, I had an s but crashed it last year and nearly died at that. Moving to a metropolitan so no need for a car at the moment but will likely be in the market to get another one next year or so. Likely AP2)
Old 08-09-2011, 01:35 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, I know everyone is wonderin, is that a pic of you with the AP1 T on.?

yeah come on over to Oz winters around that time are mild as we are approaching Spring. East Coast of Aust. and the Great Barrier Reef.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by xoz
Hi, I know everyone is wonderin, is that a pic of you with the AP1 T on.?

yeah come on over to Oz winters around that time are mild as we are approaching Spring. East Coast of Aust. and the Great Barrier Reef.
Thanks Man. Does it snow there? I wanna get some sun time in Aus but maybe do some boarding in NZ. And yes, that is me.. but 3 years ago. haha
Old 08-09-2011, 02:29 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah plenty of snow in our ski resorts, both Aust and NZ have ski resorts. The beauty in Aust is that one morning you can be on the snow and buy lunch can be lazn' it up on beach Surfers Paradise.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM

lol @ xoz;

In which case, there is nothing, absolutely, nothing to see in Sydney or Queensland.

Melbourne on the other hand
Old 08-10-2011, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL Tak, there's no way Melbourne can compare to the whole state of Queensland. Apart from snow, we have everything here (who comes to Australia for the snow anyway?). Melbourne just has temperamental weather and a few talked-up cafes... You can get away with winters in QLD with just long sleeves and jeans. You can't do that in Melbourne! Brisbane/Gold Coast is more than a match for Melbourne
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 AM

darwin, lots of tourist places lots of sun, lots of alcohol and parties
Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 AM

How short are you, short man? Perhaps we should talk.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 PM

Come to Sydney!
Lots of cool places/parties here too!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by ninelarge
LOL Tak, there's no way Melbourne can compare to the whole state of Queensland. Apart from snow, we have everything here (who comes to Australia for the snow anyway?). Melbourne just has temperamental weather and a few talked-up cafes... You can get away with winters in QLD with just long sleeves and jeans. You can't do that in Melbourne! Brisbane/Gold Coast is more than a match for Melbourne
LOL true! But on the other hand, we don't flood

Quick Reply: Visiting, maybe.