Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

im getting one!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im getting one!

now that i'll be spending alot more time at home, it looks like i need a hobby to occupy my time while shes doin her girl thang (playing computer games).. any tips on what to look for and where can i track these babies!!??!

http://www.hpiracing.com/movies/drifting_cars.wmv

http://www.hpiracing.com/movies/stage_d.wmv

i vaguely remember someone posting about being a rc champ?! who was that? blk2000 if my memory serves me well? which tracks can these cars be taken to and who on s2ki goes in syd?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:20 PM

i got one for sale bro !!!

its a HPI RS2 . Carbon chassis , 2 speed , tune-nable exhaust , 4HP motor . Capable of about 90km/hr !!!

i think its worth retail about $1500 for the set up i got .

as for tracking it , theres one at Moorebank . its a proper track , along the M5 just before Liverpool . I been there a few times , got some serious competitors there , guys with cars worth $4-5k !!!! i saw blokes with tyre warmers on their RC cars !
Old 08-01-2006, 02:22 PM

heres a pic of it .
i also got a DC5-R body ( painted in bringht orange ! ) for it and a lambo Diablo body for it .

Old 08-01-2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vuey,Aug 2 2006, 08:20 AM
i got one for sale bro !!!

its a HPI RS2 . Carbon chassis , 2 speed , tune-nable exhaust , 4HP motor . Capable of about 90km/hr !!!

i think its worth retail about $1500 for the set up i got .

as for tracking it , theres one at Moorebank . its a proper track , along the M5 just before Liverpool . I been there a few times , got some serious competitors there , guys with cars worth $4-5k !!!! i saw blokes with tyre warmers on their RC cars !
Last time I went there I was 10 years old. LOL

There's also another track in Castle Hill.. Electric road cars only though. They had the Tamiya championships there last year. Winner got to go to Japan and race the pro's.

I too have seen people with full sponsorship from HPI, tire warmers, big toolkit on wheels (for an RC car!$!!!), etc etc.. Crazy stuff.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by wilch,Aug 2 2006, 08:46 AM
I too have seen people with full sponsorship from HPI, tire warmers, big toolkit on wheels (for an RC car!$!!!), etc etc.. Crazy stuff.
ahahaha

yeah , i asked a bloke there and he had spent over $10k all up !!!
it can become very addictive , as when your there you get hyped up looking at other ppl's cars and say Damm ! i want to be faster !!! goto your local hobby shop and drop $60 on tyres !

also pech ...
keep in mind , i actually spent more time cleaning / tunning the car then actually playing / racing it they require alot of maintance . And they get shit dirty , as the oil from the exhaust just gets all over the car !!!
your better off getting an "off road car" as my car is strictly for smooth/ flat surfaces only . Whereas the off roaders can do all surfaces .
Old 08-01-2006, 04:46 PM

what the asking price for the r/c car you got, pm me with details, dude and organise a test drive. im interested, is it a 200mm body?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check with Frisky. He had spent some dosh of a nice RC and was trying to sell it. Can't remember if it was electric or nitro though.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:54 PM

i used to know people from the TFTR track in melbourne that have RC cars worth more then their real cars, no joke.

Tyre warmers are a pretty standard thing in melbourne due to the cold weather, that along with tire additives. cost around $80-100 from memory.

If you can get stuff from asia, then this hobby will cost you about half of what it would cost you to buy stuff from melb...I suggest you go to a track thats near you and see how competitive it is, also have a talk to some guys, they will be more then happy to help you
Old 08-01-2006, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by pechs2k,Aug 2 2006, 10:46 AM
what the asking price for the r/c car you got, pm me with details, dude and organise a test drive. im interested, is it a 200mm body?
i dont know what its worth . Mates rates i guess . Havent played with it for a yr .

as for test drives , let my mate have a go ( shouldnt be telling you this ) numb nuts couldnt control it and drove it into a wall at full speed , cost me $200 in damage !!!

only problem with HPI cars is the lack of parts available in Australia . got no real importers of it . I had to go thru ebay to get alot of stuff .
Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 PM

and that leads us back to the parts thread...

THE ONLY THING THAT ISNT GOOD IS THE LEFT HAND QUATER AND DA REAR FLOORING AND BOOTLID OTHER WISE CAR IS IMACULANT CAR

hahahaha

Quick Reply: im getting one!