S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/australia-new-zealand-s2000-owners-30/)
-   -   Just keeping an eye out (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/australia-new-zealand-s2000-owners-30/just-keeping-eye-out-402433/)

ExoticCarSite 09-23-2006 05:21 AM

For FD:
2005 AP2 model, 10000ks, berlina black/black, $59k

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&#...9&category_id=3

fisting dwarves 09-23-2006 02:16 PM

Very interesting, thanks.

For anyone after a deep insight into the depraved workings of my mind, or anyone who wants to know what the vendor of the yellow AP2 with 17ks will take for it, here's an email exchange between me and him. Read from the bottom up, kiddies.

Subject: RE: Attitude readjustment
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 02:26:58 +0500

Not interested. Read my email again. You're way above what it's worth.

Subject: RE: Attitude readjustment
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:58:17 +1000

i don't need to sell the car and you seem to want a straight talker so i will accept $58000 total and a $2000 deposit or did you give your best figure straight up.lol So should i take Gary Glitter who spends his time fisting dwarves seriously if i should give me a phone call and i will tell you more about the car if you need to know more.

Subject: Attitude readjustment
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:36:49 +0500

yo Marshall,

If I was a ****wit punter, I would have sent you something along the lines of "Hey bro wood you take $43k CASH mate, CASH". So why send me such a curt email?

I should have thought that you could work out how serious I was by the following:
1. I have owned a '99.
2. I have owned an '03.
3. I know about each of the AP2 updates which have been on the secondhand market for the past year, and I have a pretty good idea of what they've sold for. How many other people do you think even know the update is the "AP2"? Hell, did YOU know before I just told you?
4. I've been very much upfront about that fact that your price is above what I think the car is worth, and I've also been upfront about my position: if you changed your price expectations, you could let me know, otherwise I wished you good luck selling the car. Quite nice of me I thought.

And yet you come back and ramble on and on and on and on and on and on and on and then you tell me you "don't want to waste your time giving me a fair deal"? Cut the generosity bullshit, champ. As you well know, you're not going to try to give any buyer a 'fair deal', you're going to screw him/her for as much as you can. There's no shame in that- that's just how the car trade works. But to try to pretend otherwise, you're a goose.

I don't know what your bottom line is, and frankly, I don't really care what it is now. Why don't you give a few Honda dealers a call and see what they say? I'll bet you Paris Hilton's virginity that the figure starts with a 4, over $10k shy of your asking price, and over $6k shy of $56,000 (which you apparently think is below what it's worth...yeah, good on ya)

Now, if you don't want to be realistic about your car's value then I guess that's your right, even though I might think you're a fool. But don't come crying to me when you need to flog it because noone else is interested. I don't buy cars off wankers, and based on your little diatribe to me, you sure as heck fit that bill.

All the best, fella. I'll be watching your ad- and the gradual reductions in your asking price- with much interest.

xoxox

Subject: RE: Enquiry from CarPoint Australia
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:50:57 +1000

are you a serious buyer or are you just a tyre kicker if you are serious make an offer if you are not don't make an offer but you still have not come up with a figure for a 2005 model you have found less k's and one year earlier and for less money i think you should have bought that car why didn't you because you wont get this s2000 i have for 56000 but you are not far away on the price so work out if you are a serious buyer because i will not wast my time offering you a fair deal if you are just kicking tyres thanks Paul

To:
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 03:32:39 +0500

Thanks for your email Paul.

I've owned 2 S2000s already, a '99 and an '03. Plus I keep an eye on the market, so I have a fair idea of what various models are worth. In relation to the update model, I was offered an '04 (update model) last year, with 7k, for $56500 from Honda North in Perth. There's also been a silverstone '04 at Rick Damelian for months, 4,000km, asking $63k. He only offloaded it a few weeks ago. Knowing RD, he would have paid $50k for it at most, and would have played with his trade figure so that the actual price paid by whoever bought it would have been close to maybe $56k at a guess.

In any case, good luck selling your car, and do let me know if your price expectations change.

cheers

Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:14:37 +1000

i am willing to negotiate but first i think you should check and see how many 2005 models are available also you might be better with an earlier model for less money and more k's thanks Paul Marshall
From: "CarPoint Australia" <carpoint.ucmleads@tradergroup.com.au>
Reply-To:
Subject: Enquiry from CarPoint Australia
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:28:21 +1000

*** Please respond to this enquiry within 24 hours. ***

Used Car enquiry from CarPoint Australia at 15-Sep-2006 17:28:20
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This CarPoint Australia user has an enquiry:

Year/Make/Model: 2005 / HONDA / S2000
Rego: 755 ITK
Price: AUD 59950.00

I am interested in your vehicle but I think it's worth a lot less than your asking price. If you decide to bring your price down substantially, shoot me an email.

cheers

ExoticCarSite 09-23-2006 03:25 PM

Is he a member here?

So should i take Gary Glitter who spends his time fisting dwarves seriously......

fisting dwarves 09-23-2006 04:32 PM

he's just referring to part of the email address from which I was contacting him, no connection to s2ki

chicken8 09-23-2006 04:57 PM

any more updates?

blacks2k 09-23-2006 06:09 PM

fisting, always a straight shooter. i like it.
btw, tell him he's dreaming
hell, i got a 01, with full oem kit, and a few extras. it has almost 90k km on it, im realistic, i will prob struggle to get $35k for it as is. i know my limitations, thats why i gave up a career as a professional athlete, too short, no ability.

perhaps people should realise their limitations as well

Gazzer@@ 09-23-2006 11:53 PM

email is not a good place for negotiating prices

just my 2 cents

fisting dwarves 09-24-2006 02:50 AM

The point of the email was exactly what it said: to tell him that if his price expectations changed, he should let me know. If I'm keen to actually do a deal, I'll be face to face with him, with a wad of cash ready as a deposit.

pechs2k 09-24-2006 02:52 AM

FD, i take it your an ex owner looking to buy, or are u an owner buying privately and selling commercially?

ill be in the market for a MY05 or MY06 in a couple of months, but really dont want to spend more than 55k for the car.. can it be done?

fisting dwarves 09-24-2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by pechs2k,Sep 24 2006, 08:52 PM
ex owner looking to buy

:thumbup:

well, close enough, anyway. If I can get one for the right price, I'll buy it. But it looks to me like you'd price me out of the market in any case. There's no way I'd pay $55k for an MY05/06. They're not worth that sort of money, IMHO.

I think the yellow one on the Sunshine Coast with 17k is worth about $51k. And I think the black one in SA with 10k is prob worth $53k. So will you be able to get one for $55k? Yes, provided vendors are realistic about what their cars are worth.