Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Jordan to overhaul team...

Old 04-22-2002, 04:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jordan to overhaul team...

Now there is an idea Eddie! Le't see you have zero points so far this year, ya think a change might be a good idea???

Check out the story with this link.

http://www.dailyf1.com/en/news/news.php?id=955
Old 04-22-2002, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess he's gettting what he deserves.. he's a real prick in real life should you ever meet him..

-simon2000
Old 04-24-2002, 07:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Some (including me and my good buddy Mike) are still wishing it was 1999 again when we got behind the Buzzin' Hornets, especially Heinz-Harald. Those days are long gone, and results in F1 do not come with sudden and drastic measures. Despite your knowledge of his prickiness he ran a "fun" enthusuiastic team all these years scraping by on limited sponsorship and drivers who moved on to better things.

The current news sounds like Eddie is posturing and throwing out some incredible BS to keep Honda in the fold. Trouble is, there may not be a load of takers for those Honda V-10's right now. Seems like Jordan and BAR out trying to "out-fumble" each other at the moment. Isn't Jordan firm as long as he keeps Sato in one seat??

My feelings are this has gotta be really frustrating for Fisi as the Renault (esp. Button) is going pretty well while the clock continues to run out on what looked like a very promising F1 career.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:24 PM

seemed to go downhill as soon as eddie cashed in on his success in F1 by selling part of his stake - similarly Mclaren have taken a dip since Mercedes took part of ownership. Something to do with it being somebody elses money - how many hours you put behind it. Jordan has some persoanl traits that probably don't endear him to everybody - but how many people can start a motor racing team from zero, get to F1 and mix it with the big boys for a few seasons. Remember he actually has won GP's - which Mr Prost never managed as an owner, and which so far Ford (sorry Jaguar) have not done and also BAR...despite spending budgets equivalent to the GDP's of some countries.

Some drivers follow the cash, some drivers follow certain designer and technicians - and some drivers sit where they are. It's like buying stocks - and Fisi seems to buy high and sell low - at the end of the day, it's his choice who he signs for.

There are probably better drivers than him without a ride - so don't feel too bad for him.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:04 PM

- at the end of the day, it's his choice who he signs for
His and Briatore's.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by simon2000
[B]I guess he's gettting what he deserves.. he's a real prick in real life should you ever meet him..
Old 04-27-2002, 08:52 AM

[QUOTE]Actually MJ is pretty
Old 04-28-2002, 02:11 AM

does that make me then Kobe Byrant

Eddie "air" Jordan, I think he would like that

- unless you meant the "air" between the ears.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:42 PM

[QUOTE]does that make me then Kobe Byrant
Old 04-29-2002, 01:04 PM

I'm sorry. I thought you meant MICHAEL Jordan.

Quick Reply: Jordan to overhaul team...