No post on Felipe Massa?
On his way to recovery. Hopefully this 4 week break will be enough!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Felipe-...rash_697485.htm
On his condition:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMaGslxjWg [/media]
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Felipe-...rash_697485.htm
On his condition:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMaGslxjWg [/media]
Originally Posted by skibum,Jul 26 2009, 07:20 PM
Even a Nascar fan thought it deserved a thread.
Hoping Massa recovers and recovers well
Any racing driver lost or hurt seriously is a sad ocassion
Originally Posted by GateCrasher,Jul 27 2009, 09:29 AM
On his way to recovery. Hopefully this 4 week break will be enough!
He has multiple skull fractures and probably a very nasty concussion. There is no way his skull will heal in time and he will recuperate fully. Plus there is some speculation that his vision may be permanently damaged.
I don't see FM racing in F1 again this year. I'd be thrilled to see him back testing in the off season and hopefully fit to race next year, but there is certainly the possibility of this being a career ending injury.
Plus, I wonder if Ferrari will see this as an opportunity to move Alonso into a race seat and keep FM as a tester.
^^ People have come back from worse setbacks, and here's hoping Felipe will as well. He belongs in a race car. There is no other driver out there that has shown so much promise while also being equally frustrating. Drivers like him are what make the sport exciting to watch.
The Fernando possibility may happen as early as Valencia. I'm guessing Alonso will have to burn his bridges with Renault for that to happen.
The Fernando possibility may happen as early as Valencia. I'm guessing Alonso will have to burn his bridges with Renault for that to happen.
Originally Posted by aashish2,Jul 27 2009, 10:44 AM
The Fernando possibility may happen as early as Valencia. I'm guessing Alonso will have to burn his bridges with Renault for that to happen.
Be afraid McLaren, be very, very afraid...
Remember when MS went to testing a year after he had been out of the car, and he got in and he was something like 1.5 seconds faster than everybody else. Should MS get the seat, he will be fast right from the the get go.
Ferrari boss not ruling out Schumacher return
By Motorsport.com/GMM
Stefano Domenicali on Monday refused to rule out the possibility that Michael Schumacher may return to replace Felipe Massa at forthcoming grands prix.
"It would be wrong to say yes or no at this stage," the Ferrari team boss told the Der Tagesspiegel newspaper.
With the Maranello based team minimally needing to fill the injured Massa's cockpit for the next several grands prix, the Italian press on Sunday piled pressure on Ferrari to bring its most successful driver out of retirement.
"Now Ferrari needs Schumi," said La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm insisted the 40-year-old is not due to make any statements in the next few days, but press sources indicate the German has not personally ruled out making a temporary comeback.
Corriere della Sera, however, noted that Schumacher's fitness still has not returned to 100 per cent following his motorcycle testing crash some months ago.
The seven time world champion also made no mention of the possibility when he posted a message on his official website wishing Massa a speedy recovery.
Other names mentioned for Massa's drive include Nico Hulkenberg, who is handled by Schumacher's manager Willi Weber, as well as Fernando Alonso, Sebastien Bourdais and Nelson Piquet.
Referring to Marc Gene and Luca Badoer, meanwhile, Ferrari spokesman Luca Colajanni said of the need to replace Massa: "We have two test drivers."
Italy's Corriere dello Sport also mentioned Mirko Bortolotti, the teenaged reigning Italian F3 champion who over the past winter broke the F1 record during his maiden test at Fiorano.
"We are going to decide without pressure," said Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo as he visited Massa in a Budapest hospital. "When we make our decision, it will be a good one."
Domenicali added: "We are going to think about it this week."
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=338636
By Motorsport.com/GMM
Stefano Domenicali on Monday refused to rule out the possibility that Michael Schumacher may return to replace Felipe Massa at forthcoming grands prix.
"It would be wrong to say yes or no at this stage," the Ferrari team boss told the Der Tagesspiegel newspaper.
With the Maranello based team minimally needing to fill the injured Massa's cockpit for the next several grands prix, the Italian press on Sunday piled pressure on Ferrari to bring its most successful driver out of retirement.
"Now Ferrari needs Schumi," said La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm insisted the 40-year-old is not due to make any statements in the next few days, but press sources indicate the German has not personally ruled out making a temporary comeback.
Corriere della Sera, however, noted that Schumacher's fitness still has not returned to 100 per cent following his motorcycle testing crash some months ago.
The seven time world champion also made no mention of the possibility when he posted a message on his official website wishing Massa a speedy recovery.
Other names mentioned for Massa's drive include Nico Hulkenberg, who is handled by Schumacher's manager Willi Weber, as well as Fernando Alonso, Sebastien Bourdais and Nelson Piquet.
Referring to Marc Gene and Luca Badoer, meanwhile, Ferrari spokesman Luca Colajanni said of the need to replace Massa: "We have two test drivers."
Italy's Corriere dello Sport also mentioned Mirko Bortolotti, the teenaged reigning Italian F3 champion who over the past winter broke the F1 record during his maiden test at Fiorano.
"We are going to decide without pressure," said Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo as he visited Massa in a Budapest hospital. "When we make our decision, it will be a good one."
Domenicali added: "We are going to think about it this week."
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=338636
Excerpt: Although the 28-year-old, still in a medically-induced coma, has shown signs of improvement after undergoing emergency surgery, it has now emerged Massa may have sustained eye problems.
If that is the case, and the Brazilian is unable to see properly in the future, it will mean his days in motor racing are over.
Professor Robert Veres said: "He has suffered some damage to the eye.
"We don't know if he'll be able to race again.
"I don't know (if he can return). It's too early to say about his future.
"We don't know the extent of the damage. Without an operation it's very hard to evaluate its function."
Veres also confirmed on Monday afternoon Massa remained sedated "to protect his brain", which has apparently experienced some swelling, but he is out of serious danger.
Meanwhile, Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo visited Massa in hospital on Monday and insisted no decisions would be taken over the Italian marque's direction for the rest of the season until the driver's situation was clarified.
"Our first priority is Felipe's recovery, Felipe's progress and so on," he said.
"Felipe's been an important member of the Ferrari family for many years, since he arrived as a kid, so we all hope he can come back soon."
Di Montezemlo added: "(Team principal Stefano) Domenicali has to think and make good proposals for the future.
"We don't want to wait too long for Felipe, but our first priority now is to find out about Felipe, and only at that moment will we take a decision."
Source: http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...456220,00.html
If that is the case, and the Brazilian is unable to see properly in the future, it will mean his days in motor racing are over.
Professor Robert Veres said: "He has suffered some damage to the eye.
"We don't know if he'll be able to race again.
"I don't know (if he can return). It's too early to say about his future.
"We don't know the extent of the damage. Without an operation it's very hard to evaluate its function."
Veres also confirmed on Monday afternoon Massa remained sedated "to protect his brain", which has apparently experienced some swelling, but he is out of serious danger.
Meanwhile, Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo visited Massa in hospital on Monday and insisted no decisions would be taken over the Italian marque's direction for the rest of the season until the driver's situation was clarified.
"Our first priority is Felipe's recovery, Felipe's progress and so on," he said.
"Felipe's been an important member of the Ferrari family for many years, since he arrived as a kid, so we all hope he can come back soon."
Di Montezemlo added: "(Team principal Stefano) Domenicali has to think and make good proposals for the future.
"We don't want to wait too long for Felipe, but our first priority now is to find out about Felipe, and only at that moment will we take a decision."
Source: http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...456220,00.html








