Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Barie's Spoon inspired build

Old 12-29-2014, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barie's Spoon inspired build

Hi sk2i my name is Barie and this is my 08' BB AP2's story. Follow me on Instagram @too_spoon_junior for daily updates.

I used to be a part of 8thcivic.com for more than 5 years, I had to part ways with my daily driver and decided it is time for a better chassis to build.

My old beater

I was originally looking for a 370z or a 5.0 but I did not find any good deals at the time. One day while I was window shopping I found this 08' BB S2000 and it was love at first sight. I started reading a lot about the s2000 chassis and couldn't find one single bad review about it other than the Ap1 only having 1 cup holder so after 2 days i brought her home.

Me and Breanne's first picture

I told myself that I will not mod the S but it only lasted a week

First mod J's Racing 70RR. I love the sound, it's music to my ears but not my neighbors'

Next on the list were Type-S emblem and OEM AP2 lip

While looking for a good set of wheels I ran into a good deal on Work Meister parts. I bought it cheap and it came with the centers, 1" lip(4), and a pair of 7" barrels. I'm currently building these and planning on having an 18x8.5 +10(f) 18x11 +10(r) in the end. After 6 month's I still don't have the lips but patience is a virtue so i'll keep on waiting.

Next were a PSWJDM Intake, Hondata Flashpro, and a Cusco Rollcage.

On my birthday month(November) I decided to go on a Spoon Rampage and opt me some:
Spoon Sports Fenders
Spoon Sports Banner
Spoon Sports Rear view mirror
Spoon Sports Oil Cap
Spoon Sports Radiator Cap
Spoon Sports Reservoir Cover
Spoon Sports Windshield Wiper

After 5 months the wheels that i'm building is still not close to being done, I was planning on going to Stoopicold next month for Breanne's first show and I feel incomplete if I show up with OEM wheels. After weeks of searching one of my local friends happen to have an S before and has a set of Volk RE30's (s2k spec) just laying around. We agreed on a price and I decided to buy it. Pics don't do justice on Mag blue, it's either too dark or too light depending on the time of the day but when i saw it in person I fell inlove.

And here she is, after months of tinkering, I can honestly say that i'm content on how she look at the moment. This chassis is definitely one of the best cars i've driven. It's not the fastest but it makes you smile everytime you drive it.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:24 AM

Reserved
Old 12-29-2014, 09:25 AM

Reserved
Old 12-29-2014, 12:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not bad. some high quality parts you have there. the front fenders make your wheelgap look even more noticable though.

did you really use a takeout box to plug the driver side exhaust outlet? lol
Old 12-29-2014, 12:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really clean, I like the type s emblem.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 12-30-2014, 01:54 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work....
Old 12-30-2014, 07:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks great! I've been debating some spoon front fenders with my stock front bumper / cr lip combo

Edit: remember you're car from 8thcivic
Old 12-30-2014, 07:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the exhaust cap Nice additions so far, looking forward to the rest of your build
Old 12-30-2014, 11:19 AM

Thank you guys. I'm looking forward to it. This ricebox cap is not that durable though but it looks good when it's on one piece lol.

Quick Reply: Barie's Spoon inspired build