Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 10-21-2014, 08:06 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Ko0o
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1410365530' post='23324732
I was bored so I went and re-edited this photo...

Honda S2000 by Adrs2k, on Flickr
Honestly dude, your car looks so sick in this form you really don't need all those crazy lips haha, this makes me want to keep my oem AP1 bumper/lip instead of going to a CR setup.
I agree, and that is part of the reason that they haven't been painted and installed yet. The nice thing about having the spare bumpers with the lips attached is that I can just swap the entire front in about 20 minutes. I've always wanted one of the Mugen lips, as well as the Gears lips. I enjoy hunting for parts and collecting more so than actually putting some of this stuff on the car.

For my money the OEM AP1 front end with the OEM lip is still my favorite. It's the cleanest and simplest option available for these cars and I just love it. I have a feeling that the Mugen lip is going to be too aggressive for the car, and the Gears lip while I'm positive is going to look amazing, I don't plan on leaving it on the car full time. I'm to scared that something will happen to it. It took me far to long to get my hands on one of those to risk it being damaged just driving the car around.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:22 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

You should bring this car out Wed night and we can go find a good place for a couple night shots.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Should bring both so that between you and Adam you can do a 'Merica shot
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
I agree, and that is part of the reason that they haven't been painted and installed yet. The nice thing about having the spare bumpers with the lips attached is that I can just swap the entire front in about 20 minutes. I've always wanted one of the Mugen lips, as well as the Gears lips. I enjoy hunting for parts and collecting more so than actually putting some of this stuff on the car.

For my money the OEM AP1 front end with the OEM lip is still my favorite. It's the cleanest and simplest option available for these cars and I just love it. I have a feeling that the Mugen lip is going to be too aggressive for the car, and the Gears lip while I'm positive is going to look amazing, I don't plan on leaving it on the car full time. I'm to scared that something will happen to it. It took me far to long to get my hands on one of those to risk it being damaged just driving the car around.
Enjoy your car and enjoy life Feezy!! life's too short to hold off on things like driving your car around with a lip that you hunted for and went through so much trouble for. It's fiberglass after all, so it would be an easy repair should you damage it.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:41 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1413907585' post='23377454

Enjoy your car and enjoy life Feezy!! life's too short to hold off on things like driving your car around with a lip that you hunted for and went through so much trouble for. It's fiberglass after all, so it would be an easy repair should you damage it.
And having personally held the original Gears lips they are solid and extremely well built. I would say the nicest fiberglass lip I have ever seen so I know it can take a beating. Once its clear bra'd that will really help as well should anything bad happen. Probably the worst case scenario is hitting a road alligator.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Should bring both so that between you and Adam you can do a 'Merica shot
The CR is in a bunch of pieces right now. It's been taken apart to be detailed inside and out. It's going to be a least a few more weeks still before I'm satisfied and it gets put back together.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1413907585' post='23377454

That's one of the primary reasons I bought the CR. I just hop in and drive that thing whenever/wherever I want. It's awesome finally having a car that I'm not emotionally attached too and I can just go drive without a care in the world.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how the CR was purchased as a "beater to drive and enjoy" but the OCD has taken over. I feel for you though, I can't stand minor defects etc so kudos to having 2 amazingly clean cars man, I'll be taking the winter to make my new one half as clean!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you intend to sell one of those Gears' reps, I would gladly purchase. Definitely wouldn't be replicated here. Just want to cover up the marks left from a rep AP1 lip the previous owner put on.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by Chris_Lum' timestamp='1413909475' post='23377514
[quote name='Feezy' timestamp='1413907585' post='23377454']

That's one of the primary reasons I bought the CR. I just hop in and drive that thing whenever/wherever I want. It's awesome finally having a car that I'm not emotionally attached too and I can just go drive without a care in the world.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand and would like to have a 2nd s2000 for the same reason. All I'm saying is, you can still enjoy BOTH cars just as much as the other. Before you know it, you will have all these awesome parts and never have been able to experience them in all their glory (on your car for an extended period of time) and you will probably regret it later on down the line.

I subscribe to the theory that, what if something happened tomorrow and all of this was taken away from me, will I have any regrets? If I had a room full of amazing parts that I never got to see on my car or enjoy on my car, I'd likely regret it. Anyway, that's just my $.02.

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red