Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

M3TOS2K (Mugen, J's Racing, Spoon, ASM)

Old 12-23-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by radiantm3
The last time I bled my brakes using the motive bleeder, the rubber gasket they provide didn't seal very well and fluid leaked out everywhere. I had towels in place, but they were completely soaked and I had a bit of cleanup to do in the engine bay. This time I was prepared. I tested the seal with air for a good 20 minutes to make sure there was no leak and I put towels everywhere to capture a potential leak. To my surprise there was absolutely no leak this time. So the motive bleeder works perfectly fine on this car. You just have to really make sure you have a good seal.
Which Power Bleeder did you go with? Is it the 0101 Round Universal Bleeder kit? It sucks they do not offer a perfectly fitting kit for the S2.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read this entire thread. Beautiful car!!

Where did you find the CF interior pieces?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2019, 04:28 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by exigex
Which Power Bleeder did you go with? Is it the 0101 Round Universal Bleeder kit? It sucks they do not offer a perfectly fitting kit for the S2.
I believe so. It's the universal kit I've seen recommended around here pretty often.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dave MLZ
I just read this entire thread. Beautiful car!!

Where did you find the CF interior pieces?

Thanks!
I got it locally from Euro Boutiques when I lived in NorCal.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by radiantm3
I got it locally from Euro Boutiques when I lived in NorCal.
Thank you!
Old 01-12-2019, 09:06 AM

Bought the domain names of my vanity plates awhile back and finally got around to adding content to them: M3TOS2K - Mark’s 2007 Honda S2000 (and WOOKIE8 - Mark’s 2017 Ford GT350).
Old 02-04-2019, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just rear your whole thread today, I can't believe I had not come across your build previously. Your attention to detail and quality of parts is impressive. Not bad for a track car! haha. Also, nice driving! Plans to upgrade the Ohlins/springs now that you have aero? Curious if you've found it to be under-sprung as you anticipated.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ottawas2000guy
Just rear your whole thread today, I can't believe I had not come across your build previously. Your attention to detail and quality of parts is impressive. Not bad for a track car! haha. Also, nice driving! Plans to upgrade the Ohlins/springs now that you have aero? Curious if you've found it to be under-sprung as you anticipated.
thanks. If I was still driving in California, I probably would be compelled to upgrade by now. But the ohlins are working great so far in Texas. Haven’t visited a track with compression on elevation change like at Laguna Seca yet.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:41 AM

It's been awhile since I posted here. I did do a track day this year at MSR Cresson which was super fun. Sadly I screwed up my go pro settings and got no footage from it. But other than that I started riding my mountain bike more this year and somehow hit some sort of tipping point where I just fell in love with riding and lost interest in taking my car to the track. I've just been having more fun riding and considering the cost difference of bikes over cars, I'm probably going to put my S2000 up for sale. But as I'm going through my mod list I realize that I have over $35,000 in aftermarket parts (when adding new pricing) on this car. 2007 with about 88k miles on it at the moment. I'm the second owner. How does one price a car like this for sale? I was thinking $25k as a starting number that I'd probably be happy letting the car go for, but is that realistic? Would someone buy a well-kept track car with quality "JDM" mods for that price? And it hasn't even seen a ton of track days. Maybe 10-15 days if even that? But anyways, I'm just curious what your guy's thoughts are on how much I should be trying to sell this car for. I know many will say "don't sell it". With the amount of work I put into it, it is fairly priceless and I'm losing a ton by selling, but I just feel like this car could be better enjoyed by someone else and I could use the extra cash for things I enjoy doing now. Here's my draft on the FS copy:

2007 Honda S2000

Color:
Rio Yellow Pearl

Current Miles:
88,000 Miles

My goal for this car was to build a track day car that was reliable, fun, and fast on track, but also comfortable on the street and not look like a ratted out track car. Friends joke that this car looks like a show car more than a track car because of how clean it looks. But on track this car shines and always impresses everyone. I’m not even close to the fastest S2K drivers, but fast enough to make people question what’s under the hood of the car once we make it back into the paddock. The car is super capable on track, completely balanced, and such a joy to drive. I’ve hired pro drivers to private coach me on a few occasions and they have commented on how balanced and fun this car is to drive. I’ve owned an E92 M3, Cayman GT4, and Ford GT350 alongside this car, have driven them all back to back with the S2K and this car is just as fun as them all. It’s also very tolerable on the street for a car that does so well on track. The seats are extremely comfortable yet super supportive, I have factory belts installed on the driver and passenger side so you don’t need to wear the 6-point harness on the street. The Ohlins suspension is completely compliant and you can make the car as soft as you want. With the wing and expensive parts, I wouldn’t call it a daily driver, but it makes a fantastic weekend and errand car as well as a track car.

I’m selling this car because I have 3 kids and have noticed with each kid I’ve spent less and less time on track. I’ve also gotten seriously into mountain biking and instead of thinking about when my next track day is going to be I’m thinking about when the next time I’m going to go on an epic ride. It’s also a hobby I can share with my kids at a younger age instead of spending a day on my own without my family at the track. That’s not to say I’m giving up going to the track. I just don’t think I need a dedicated 2 seater built for a single purpose anymore.

Random Facts:
  1. Second owner. (Bought at 68k miles and have all records from original owner and my own)
  2. 2 keys.
  3. Original owner never tracked the car. It was well kept and immaculate condition.
  4. I’ve done about 10-15 track days in the car in the 4 years I’ve owned the car.
  5. Full front end of the car and mirrors has clear bra.
  6. Car went into a tire wall (not hard) at Laguna Seca. Just minor cosmetic damage to the bumpers and door. I replaced all parts with brand new OEM. Alignment didn’t even change from the hit. Absolutely no frame damage.
  7. One small fender bender where I rear-ended an SUV at like 3 mph. Just had to replace bumper, fender, and headlight (all new)
  8. Never ran slicks on the car. Always ran RS3/4’s or RE71R’s.
  9. Everything on the car is OEM or original. No replica parts. I have receipts for pretty much every part purchased. Most of the JDM parts were purchased from Evasive Motorsports or GoTuning.
  10. Car weighed in at around 2700 lbs with about a 1/3 of gas the last time I corner balanced it.
  11. Car dyno’d at 225whp when it was tuned by Jei at Blacktrax. For reference stock S2000’s dyno there at around 195hp.
  12. I have tons of extra parts that go with this car. Too many to list completely. But everything goes with the car. Some of the notable items are: Couple steering wheels, Factory Hood, Tein gas hood struts (for the factory hood), brand new J’s racing rear roll center adjusters, brand new spoon rigid steering collars, and extra maintenance items like oil filters and washers for fluid changes. This car passes smog in Texas, but I still have the factory air box, headers, and cats if you need to pass smog in more strict locations. I also have the factory driver’s side air bag (no wheel).
  13. The car has never been launched. The drivetrain is all completely stock. Even the clutch is still original and going strong. I removed the CDV because it felt terrible (like the clutch was slipping with every shift), but I know the factory diff on this car isn’t the strongest so I’m always easy on the car from a stop.

VIN:

Maintenance:
  1. Oil Changes every 3-5k miles
  2. Diff and Transmission Fluid changes every 5-6k miles
  3. Brake fluid flush/bleed every 6-12 months
  4. Valve Adjustment 2 times since owning the car
  5. Holes drilled into valve cover baffle (by Blacktrax) to mitigate oil making its way into the intake manifold under hard cornering
  6. Replaced front and rear wheel bearing/hub assembly shortly after purchasing the car for piece of mind

Modifications:

Engine
  1. J’s Racing Header ($1300)
  2. Mugen Intake ($1700)
  3. Mugen Exhaust ($1900)
  4. Mugen Dry Carbon Coil Pack Cover ($600)
  5. Berk 63mm Test Pipe
  6. Hondata Flash Pro (Tuned by Jei at Blacktrax) ($690)
  7. Shorai Battery
  8. Radium Engineering Dual Oil Catch Can ($255)
  9. Blacktrax Baffled Oil Pan ($500)
  10. J’s Racing Oil Filter Stop
  11. ASM Radiator Plate ($200)
  12. Spoon Radiator Stays

Suspension/Chassis
  1. J’s Racing Front Camber Joints ($300)
  2. J’s Racing Torque Damper/Tower Bar ($430)
  3. Spoon Front Lower Cross Brace ($230)
  4. Spoon Subframe Rigid Collars ($230)
  5. Spoon Suspension Bushings ($1215)
  6. Spoon Motor/Transmission Mounts ($500)
  7. Ohlins RT/DFV Coilovers ($2000)
  8. Swift 12k/10k Springs
  9. Eibach Front Sway Bar

Brakes
  1. Spoon Front Monoblock Calipers ($1650)
  2. Gyrodisc 2-piece Front Rotors ($750)
  3. Urge Flow 2-piece Rear Rotors (made by Gyrodisc to Urge Specs) ($750)
  4. Stoptech Stainless Steel Braided Lines
  5. Project Mu 335 Brake Fluid
  6. Custom brake cooling into APR Dry Carbon Fiber Backing Plates ($255)
  7. Endless MX72 Pads front and rear (Endless ME20 fronts for track days)

Drivetrain
  1. Clutch Delay Valve Removed
  2. J’s Racing Axle Spacers ($230)

Exterior
  1. J’s Racing Front Tow Hook
  2. J’s Racing 3D GT Type 1 Wing ($1800)
  3. Cusco Rear Tow Hook
  4. J’s Racing Type S CF Hood ($1490)
  5. Aerocatch Hood Pins
  6. Spoon Tinted Side View Mirrors
  7. Volk Racing CE28N 17x9.5 +50 (Hankook RS4 255/40/17) ($3200)
  8. OEM Hardtop ($3500)
  9. Custom OEM Fenders (Rolled and pulled at a body shop to look perfect before painted)
  10. OEM Side Strakes ($380)
  11. OEM CR Bumper and Lip ($800)
  12. Downforce Side Splitters ($450)

Interior
  1. Spoon Tinted Rear View Mirror
  2. Mugen Steering Wheel with Works Bell Hub and Quick Release (also 2 extra steering wheels and 1 extra works bell quick release ($1200)
  3. ASM Recaro RSG Seats (Driver and Passenger) ($4400)
  4. Bride Seat Rails ($400)
  5. Rockstar Roll Bar ($700)
  6. Schroth 6-Point Harness (Driver and Passenger) ($1000)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:01 AM

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts

25K is a very motivating price. Honestly, for that price I would be interested in purchasing the car, parting out what is possible, and selling the car as stock in CA. Especially knowing how meticulous you've been about everything.

Quick Reply: M3TOS2K (Mugen, J's Racing, Spoon, ASM)